What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

Anything a "must watch" on Showtime? Just added it for $2 more a month to my Paramount+ subscription. Because I really don't have enough to watch on YouTube TV, HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Peacock, Prime, Disney+, Apple TV+, The Criterion Channel, MLB.TV, or Paramount+ itself. 🤪
Californication, early seasons of Billions, first 4 seasons of Dexter were all good.

Your Honor is good. I haven’t seen George & Tammy but some in here talked about it.

Lots of old shows already mentioned but also The Borgias, Tudors, Homeland, Penny Dreadful, Shameless, House of Lies, probably forgetting some others

Californication, early seasons of Billions, first 4 seasons of Dexter were all good.
I haven't watched Californication. Is it a good series for any reason beyond the sex? Thanks.
Hooked me early when a nun decided to have some fun.

Big Californication fan, obviously, but willing to admit you can stop after season 4, the show turns a bit after that. A lot less funny sexy and more family drama past that point. A lot of people stop after season 4. You can give season 5 a test and see if it still clicks for you. Season 6 is just more drama and season 7 is a drag.

Gangs of London (Prime)

Wow! Has anyone else watched this? I just completed Season 1 - which by the way will be leaving PRIME in the next 7 days so if you're interested, get after it.
There is currently a season 2 also available on Prime, and a Season 3 scheduled for production (maybe?)

There are a lot of moving parts to follow on this show, and there is a boat load of violence. Not just your run of the mill fight scenes and flying bullet violence but a few machete wielding scenes and a meat cleaver scene and a half dozen torture scenes. But not to worry, it has fights and bullets as well. I don't typically watch programs with that much over the top blood shed, but this actually has a good plot, and excellent acting.

If you watch the first episode and turn it off, fine, but if you make it through episode 3, I recommend sticking with it. The final episode is a pretty satisfying payoff.

ETA: Season 2 is not currently on Prime.

Last edited:
I haven't watched Californication. Is it a good series for any reason beyond the sex? Thanks.
Hooked me early when a nun decided to have some fun.

Big Californication fan, obviously, but willing to admit you can stop after season 4, the show turns a bit after that. A lot less funny sexy and more family drama past that point. A lot of people stop after season 4. You can give season 5 a test and see if it still clicks for you. Season 6 is just more drama and season 7 is a drag.

Would agree, love the first 4 seasons, lots of fun. I gave up on it after season 5, still lots of funny parts but it got much darker. Especially that season finale

it really relies on the supporting characters of each season. Because Hank is constant, never changing.

Introducing teen Jon Lovitz as his long lost son was one of the weirdest bad casting decisions since......they had Dollar Store Wednesday Addams play his daughter. Basically, they shouldn't cast kids. Kathleen Turner? That should have been a one episode Runkle disaster, instead he spent a season servicing her in the Valley. She was terrifying.

Full swing was released today on neflix, the docu series on the pga tour :popcon:

On advice of others who have watched, I skipped the first three episodes and went straight to the Joel Dahmen one and loved it. What a great story and the relationship with his caddie is awesome. Fell asleep watching the Matthew Fitzpatrick one after. I don't have a modicum of desire to watch a whiney Brooks Koepka or Ian Poulter. Heard the Tony Finau episode is fantastic so I'll go there next.

Full swing was released today on neflix, the docu series on the pga tour :popcon:

On advice of others who have watched, I skipped the first three episodes and went straight to the Joel Dahmen one and loved it. What a great story and the relationship with his caddie is awesome. Fell asleep watching the Matthew Fitzpatrick one after. I don't have a modicum of desire to watch a whiney Brooks Koepka or Ian Poulter. Heard the Tony Finau episode is fantastic so I'll go there next.
I've enjoyed it so far for the most part. I also fell asleep watching the Fitzpatrick one last night LOL. I can't remember if it was the Koepka episode, but I also really enjoyed the piece about Scottie Scheffler. I don't follow the PGA closely, so that story was new to me. I also really enjoyed the Frenemies episode with Dustin Thomas and Jordan Spieth.

I've enjoyed it so far for the most part. I also fell asleep watching the Fitzpatrick one last night LOL. I can't remember if it was the Koepka episode, but I also really enjoyed the piece about Scottie Scheffler. I don't follow the PGA closely, so that story was new to me. I also really enjoyed the Frenemies episode with Dustin Thomas and Jordan Spieth.
Also, although Koepka seems like a total a**, his wife is :love:. Seeing her at their pool was quite nice. Plus the 12yo kid at the tournament telling Koepka he wanted to see his wife had me :lmao:.

I'll go back to watch the Scheffler stuff - he went to my HS, so I'm definitely interested in his story.

Also, although Koepka seems like a total a**, his wife is :love:. Seeing her at their pool was quite nice. Plus the 12yo kid at the tournament telling Koepka he wanted to see his wife had me :lmao:.

She's a disaster. Trouble with a capital T.

Too fake for me, but I'm sure she'd say way worse about my appearance.

Now Paulina, on the other hand. My gawd....saw her at the LIV tournament last summer, she was standing right next to me. Incredible. Also, could NOT have been any nicer. A bunch of dorky middle aged dudes asked her for selfies and she smiled and took them all, then talked to a few of the young kids that were with their dads ogling her. She was joking around with them, asking them if they ever watched hockey. :lmao:

I just assumed she'd be a stand-offish, uptight socialite but that gal was nothing but kind and sweet to everybody who engaged with her.

Now Paulina, on the other hand. My gawd....saw her at the LIV tournament last summer, she was standing right next to me. Incredible. Also, could NOT have been any nicer. A bunch of dorky middle aged dudes asked her for selfies and she smiled and took them all, then talked to a few of the young kids that were with their dads ogling her. She was joking around with them, asking them if they ever watched hockey. :lmao:

I just assumed she'd be a stand-offish, uptight socialite but that gal was nothing but kind and sweet to everybody who engaged with her.
Paulina may be my #1 overall

I watched the Brooks one last night. It was entertainingly uncomfortable.

Also, c'mon, watch Spieth and Thomas...

That kid stole the episode. :lmao:

Dude, the inside of Brooks' house... I could totally see the wife pushing him towards LIV for the "easy" money.

Dude, the inside of Brooks' house... I could totally see the wife pushing him towards LIV for the "easy" money.
She's gotta be at least 93 percent of the reason he's so grumpy. HIGH maintenance.

She's gotta be at least 93 percent of the reason he's so grumpy. HIGH maintenance.
I think what amazed me is that the episode changed my impression of him. I always took him for the overconfident, ridiculously genetically talented jock who didn't overthink the game and, frankly, that he didn't even really care.

It was both refreshing to see how much he cares but alarming at the way he cares about it.

But yeah when he sat on that multi-colored frilly swing and I saw the bracelet with the gf's name... wow.

I mean, she's a dime a dozen when it comes to "influencers" these days in the looks department. But the level of narcissism is stunning. Someone said it in here or the golf thread: when she's pulling things out of the closet and saying "I haven't worn this in forever" and all he can think about is fixing his game...just oil and water. No way it works long term.

ETA: I mean Mrs Brooks, not Paulina.

Last edited:

I think what amazed me is that the episode changed my impression of him. I always took him for the overconfident, ridiculously genetically talented jock who didn't overthink the game and, frankly, that he didn't even really care.

It was both refreshing to see how much he cares but alarming at the way he cares about it.

But yeah when he sat on that multi-colored frilly swing and I saw the bracelet with the gf's name... wow.

he has lost his way

she isn't good for him ...or anyone

he can get it back, but he's got to set a new path

when you're young, and you have it all - it's so easy to think that sweet swing will continue

especially when you can seemingly turn it on and off like he did for the big ones

he's learning the hard way

if he gets his **** together, he'll be a great comeback story and he'll tell us how much he took for granted and how hard it was to come back

but she isn't the one to help make that happen ...and that's for sure.

he has lost his way

she isn't good for him ...or anyone

he can get it back, but he's got to set a new path

when you're young, and you have it all - it's so easy to think that sweet swing will continue

especially when you can seemingly turn it on and off like he did for the big ones

he's learning the hard way

if he gets his **** together, he'll be a great comeback story and he'll tell us how much he took for granted and how hard it was to come back

but she isn't the one to help make that happen ...and that's for sure.
Such a great swing. I also really like his putter path, too. He's for sure got all the physical tools and, again, up until I watched the documentary I always thought he had that wonderful mental tool like DJ where he simply thinks "I'm going to win."

They're married brah
Yeah I know but in the episode he talks about their upcoming wedding I thought.

I could be mixing that up with the first episode, though, where JT talks about Spieth being his best man in his upcoming wedding.

I may or may not have had an edible before watching the two episodes. :unsure:

They're married brah
Yeah I know but in the episode he talks about their upcoming wedding I thought.

I could be mixing that up with the first episode, though, where JT talks about Spieth being his best man in his upcoming wedding.

I may or may not have had an edible before watching the two episodes. :unsure:

:lmao: but you are right, this was filmed when they were engaged

Mr. Inbetween (Streaming on Hulu)

I'm almost through the third and final season. It has some short comings in quality story lines but overall, I love it!
Really enjoy the relationships he has with his brother, his daughter his boss and his pal.
I'm disappointed I have almost completed it.

if you don't mind shows with a hit man running around killing someone new every other episode, I highly recommend.

I enjoyed the first episode of Servant on Apple TV. Is it worth sticking with?

I think I've seen the first three seasons. Still waiting for them to explain what is going on. They might not ever, just let it go Lost in the last season? If that's your kind of show, you might like it.

I enjoyed the first episode of Servant on Apple TV. Is it worth sticking with?
i watched the whole thing. Its a weird show to review. Its not great but its not terrible either. Some episodes it seems nothing happens but yet it entertains me as well due to the characters (Sean's brother is awesome). Its definitely a slow crawl and with the 1/2 hour episodes you can get through a lot in no time so I think its worth sticking with.

Anyone else give Cunk on Earth a try (Netflix) Not horrible. Kind of like an Ali G Show where she acts stupid interviewing smart people. Going through the history of the world it seems. I only saw the first episode. 30 minute episodes. I liked her in After Life and she's ok here. Maybe it'll get better.

Anyone else give Cunk on Earth a try (Netflix) Not horrible. Kind of like an Ali G Show where she acts stupid interviewing smart people. Going through the history of the world it seems. I only saw the first episode. 30 minute episodes. I liked her in After Life and she's ok here. Maybe it'll get better.

it's kind of a one-joke deal just done over and over - I watched 4 shows and enjoyed it ...but it is a bit repetitive.

it's kind of a one-joke deal just done over and over - I watched 4 shows and enjoyed it ...but it is a bit repetitive.
Yeah, kind of what I was expecting.

Watching The Recruit on Netflix. One season, I think they are doing another. Decent, so far. Could have easily been messed up, but I like most of the characters.

Love her, and only watched the first one but I'll keep it going. Agree that After Life Diane Morgan > CoE Diane Morgan

I'm almost through the third and final season. It has some short comings in quality story lines but overall, I love it!
Really enjoy the relationships he has with his brother, his daughter his boss and his pal.

if you don't mind shows with a hit man running around killing someone new every other episode, I highly recommend.
Really good show. I'm going to watch it again in awhile. Has one of the best final scenes of any show ever. That smile..............

Watched A Futile and Stupid Gesture on Netflix. It’s a biopic on Doug Kenney, the main guy behind National Lampoon. I walked into it naive as all of it happened before my time. It was well done, but the end definitely caught me off guard. Thought it was a bit at first. Actually kind of left a bad taste in my mouth with how they ended it as it seemed to take quite a bit of liberty by projecting a happier ending/attitude for Kenney at the end than I thought they had the right to.

Really good show. I'm going to watch it again in awhile. Has one of the best final scenes of any show ever. That smile..............
My favorite part of the show was his conversations with his buddy. Talking about who was the best actor to play James Bond.
Superman vs the Invisible Man.
What to name his new business.
They were all unique and just regular guy topics. Minutes later he was beating some poor chap to a pulp
😂😂

I get what they're trying to do, but you have hit exactly the right note for this style of humor to work. Nathan Fielder hits that note. This show does not -- it tries a little too hard for my tastes.

Hopefully this isn't too SPOILER! for folks. But I recently saw some speculation online that the guys at the end were sent to get Ray. I don't see it. I think they are just a couple of smucks about to find out they picked the wrong guy.

I get what they're trying to do, but you have hit exactly the right note for this style of humor to work. Nathan Fielder hits that note. This show does not -- it tries a little too hard for my tastes.
Well put and Nathan is a good comp. I have no idea if he is how he acts but I believe it. I don't believe that she is as dumb as she portrays, so it doesn't come across as authentic. Even with Ali G, the joke was on the person he was interviewing. That's never really the case with Cunk, so both ends kinda fail.

Knock at the Cabin is the new M Knight Shyamalan movie. It was ok, very predictable which is unlike his movies. I liked his last one, Old, much better. I wonder if he'll ever be able to recreate the greatness of Sixth Sense.

Anyone else watch the show Cruel Summer on Hulu? Takes place over a three year stretch in the early 90’s. It’s mostly young adult but is well done and a wild ride right up to the very end.

Watching The Recruit on Netflix. One season, I think they are doing another. Decent, so far. Could have easily been messed up, but I like most of the characters.
This was a very fun series imo. Didn't take itself too seriously and we just blew through it.

Just started this last night. Not at all what we were expecting, fun vibe. The druggie/overworked lawyer is hilarious...he was outstanding in Orphan Black as well.

Between Clarkson's Farm, the new season of Drive to Survive, and Mandalorian starting next week, we're in the middle of a pretty good streaming run in our house.

Colin Morikawa puts shoes on his dog and that's the last time I ever root for him ever what the mother ****ing ****.....Jesus.
Lol .. . Only on the plane

Can't be ripping up that premium jet .....

That's fair, I didn't even consider that.

Overall, I found his personality off-putting. Whining about gloves, rude to his fashion team...he's an elite star who is one of the game's best. Guys like that are wired way differently than most but I didn't find him likeable. I'm sure he'd find me pathetic.

Colin Morikawa puts shoes on his dog and that's the last time I ever root for him ever what the mother ****ing ****.....Jesus.

Overall, I found his personality off-putting. Whining about gloves, rude to his fashion team...he's an elite star who is one of the game's best. Guys like that are wired way differently than most but I didn't find him likeable. I'm sure he'd find me pathetic.
I don't disagree. The fact that he HAS a fashion team is a bit problematic to me.

I don't disagree. The fact that he HAS a fashion team is a bit problematic to me.
I'm not defending Morikawa but they all have fashion teams for their brands. Those teams pick their outfits. The meeting he had was to get input on the new line of clothes and style

Users who are viewing this thread