What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (2 Viewers)

Colin Morikawa puts shoes on his dog and that's the last time I ever root for him ever what the mother ****ing ****.....Jesus.
Lol .. . Only on the plane

Can't be ripping up that premium jet .....

That's fair, I didn't even consider that.

Overall, I found his personality off-putting. Whining about gloves, rude to his fashion team...he's an elite star who is one of the game's best. Guys like that are wired way differently than most but I didn't find him likeable. I'm sure he'd find me pathetic.
I don't disagree. The fact that he HAS a fashion team is a bit problematic to me.
I'm not defending Morikawa but they all have fashion teams for their brands. Those teams pick their outfits. The meeting he had was to get input on the new line of clothes and style

That's probably true but I thought we was a little boorish. Couldn't see Tony being that fastidious but again, the best of the best are definitely wired differently.

Thought the episode with the Chileans was also excellent and Theegala too was just an incredible story. Easy to root for him.

Good stuff!

Colin Morikawa puts shoes on his dog and that's the last time I ever root for him ever what the mother ****ing ****.....Jesus.

Overall, I found his personality off-putting. Whining about gloves, rude to his fashion team...he's an elite star who is one of the game's best. Guys like that are wired way differently than most but I didn't find him likeable. I'm sure he'd find me pathetic.
I don't disagree. The fact that he HAS a fashion team is a bit problematic to me.
I'm not defending Morikawa but they all have fashion teams for their brands. Those teams pick their outfits. The meeting he had was to get input on the new line of clothes and style

That's probably true but I thought we was a little boorish. Couldn't see Tony being that fastidious but again, the best of the best are definitely wired differently.

Thought the episode with the Chileans was also excellent and Theegala too was just an incredible story. Easy to root for him.

Good stuff!
I don't disagree, just pointing out having a fashion team is SoP for most of the big guys, for big tourneys especially. The Masters you'll see a bunch of new shirts make a debut and you can see the planned outfits for the week

Embarrassing to hear the stereotypical NE sports fans jeering Matt Fitzpatrick. D-bags extraordinaire. I'm glad he shoved it on them.

Yeah, I assumed all the top guys had those sorts of meetings with their apparel teams. Didn't think it was weird at all. They present him with options and he basically says yay or nay.

Maybe he was a LITTLE direct with his response on the olive pants/orange shirt combo, but I didn't find it off-putting. Morikawa is a super good dude by all accounts

Yeah, I assumed all the top guys had those sorts of meetings with their apparel teams. Didn't think it was weird at all. They present him with options and he basically says yay or nay.

Maybe he was a LITTLE direct with his response on the olive pants/orange shirt combo, but I didn't find it off-putting. Morikawa is a super good dude by all accounts
Dog shoes, kitten mittens and **** towels

Comparing the personalities of Finau and Morikawa, I'd say Tony comes across as far more likeable and relatable but dudes with 5 frigging kids are just much better dudes across the board. ;)

Yep. I play with a guy who is/was the Adidas fashion/apparel guy for DJ and Sergio - which made for a really interesting conversation during the initial LIV days.

Those meetings are usually normal as I understand it.

Finally into season 4 of The Tudors. My wife likes historical dramas with royal trappings and it is certainly that. There's lots of sex, pageantry, intrigue, double-crossing, and testosterone it in but it's not very well-presented and is repetitious.

[character(s) walk into room]
Conversation ensues
[character(s) walk out of room]
4 seasons of that.

I've tried to find interesting things to watch and can summarize them here: boobs and silly hats.
So we refer to this one as "T**s and Hats"

Finally into season 4 of The Tudors. My wife likes historical dramas with royal trappings and it is certainly that. There's lots of sex, pageantry, intrigue, double-crossing, and testosterone it in but it's not very well-presented and is repetitious.

Conversation ensues
4 seasons of that.

I've tried to find interesting things to watch and can summarize them here: boobs and silly hats.
The lead guy is good but his refusal to get fat for the role was a mistake.

I'm a fan of Jim Jefferies so I caught his latest stand-up on Netflix.
It was so-so. He did a hilarious bit on koalas that had me rolling.
Other bits that ran too long included male baldness, The Bachelor, trans people, sex positions.

Enjoyed Brooks Koepka's mom telling him to put his big boy pants on. Otherwise, he's a dolt. And he's not doing himself any favors with Plastic Jenna and her little bracelet with her name on it she makes him wear. She has that obnoxious speech pattern where the end of her sentence trails up in pitch. Ugh.

Otherwise I suppose they are perfect for each other. And I think maybe the move to LIV was in his best interest right now. Take the money, remove the pressure, try to have some fun.

Rory - wow. The old footage of him as a kid....just sensational. I'm a fan and have been for a while. I'm a bigger fan now.

Still haven't watched episodes 1 or 3. I'll watch 1 tonight but unless somebody can tell me I'm wrong, I'm skipping Ian Poulter.

Ranking the episodes I've seen:

Best: 6 - Don't Get Bitter Get Better. Finau and Colin....just remarkable stories and peek into personal lives. I was a little tough on Morikawa but to be fair, he's not one of the very best because he's a laid back, chill dude who likes Fritos and beer. I would encourage everybody - even non golf people - to watch episode 6: Full Swing on Netflix.

Runner-up: Episode 4 Imposter Syndrome. If you think most Pros are robotic, monotone, aloof (Woz, hi), buttoned-up, meet Joel Dahmen, your new favorite golfer to root for.

Honorable mentions: Episode 7 Golf is Hard. Profiles two highly entertaining and likeable rookies trying to win and fit in.

Episode 8 - really an ode (?) to Rory. Wonderful footage and story telling. Loved him asking for a red wine at his locker; just so laid back.

Big Meh on episodes 2, 5 - I've had LIV fatigue for months now and Matt Fitzpatrick bored me.

This has been a bored GM for Netflix sports.

Enjoyed Brooks Koepka's mom telling him to put his big boy pants on. Otherwise, he's a dolt. And he's not doing himself any favors with Plastic Jenna and her little bracelet with her name on it she makes him wear. She has that obnoxious speech pattern where the end of her sentence trails up in pitch. Ugh.

Otherwise I suppose they are perfect for each other. And I think maybe the move to LIV was in his best interest right now. Take the money, remove the pressure, try to have some fun.

Rory - wow. The old footage of him as a kid....just sensational. I'm a fan and have been for a while. I'm a bigger fan now.

Still haven't watched episodes 1 or 3. I'll watch 1 tonight but unless somebody can tell me I'm wrong, I'm skipping Ian Poulter.

Best: 6 - Don't Get Bitter Get Better. Finau and Colin....just remarkable stories and peek into personal lives. I was a little tough on Morikawa but to be fair, he's not one of the very best because he's a laid back, chill dude who likes Fritos and beer. I would encourage everybody - even non golf people - to watch episode 6: Full Swing on Netflix.

Runner-up: Episode 4 Imposter Syndrome. If you think most Pros are robotic, monotone, aloof (Woz, hi), buttoned-up, meet Joel Dahmen, your new favorite golfer to root for.

Honorable mentions: Episode 7 Golf is Hard. Profiles two highly entertaining and likeable rookies trying to win and fit in.

Episode 8 - really an ode (?) to Rory. Wonderful footage and story telling. Loved him asking for a red wine at his locker; just so laid back.

Big Meh on episodes 2, 5 - I've had LIV fatigue for months now and Matt Fitzpatrick bored me.

funny that 2 people can watch the same show and come out on other ends, Rory is the biggest fake dbag in golf and this just made it even more obvious to me.

the consultant on amazon prime staring christopher waltz, first episode is wtf and i’m in but i hope it can maintain this energy

1923 is the worst show I’ve seen since….Yellowstone. I suspect there’s a trend there. I won’t be back for season 2.

Somehow 1883 was amazing but the other shows that guy makes are horrid imo.

Conversation ensues
4 seasons of that.

The lead guy is good but his refusal to get fat for the role was a mistake.
I'm hoping I'll be done with the series by this weekend. For me, him getting fat wouldn't save it at all, but I'm not a history buff. I just think the scenes in the show are too numerous and poorly constructed. I still remain a fan of the boobies and silly hats, though.

funny that 2 people can watch the same show and come out on other ends, Rory is the biggest fake dbag in golf and this just made it even more obvious to me.

To be fair, I have terrible taste in men.

1. I'm biased as I actually like watching Poulter (I love how competitive he is despite not being naturally talented), but I enjoyed the episode and it really makes him seem like a good human and dad. It is also probably the best expose (accent) as to why it makes sense for a pro golfer to switch to LIV.

2. Funny you should throw me into the Dahmen comment because I've actually played with the guy in the same tournament as I'm a closet member at his primary country club. What you see on the show is how he is and all the guys love him.

1923 is the worst show I’ve seen since….Yellowstone. I suspect there’s a trend there. I won’t be back for season 2.

Started strong with Sicario and has now spread himself too thin.

Personally, I give more credit to Villeneuve for Sicario being great. That was filmed beautifully

1. I'm biased as I actually like watching Poulter (I love how competitive he is despite not being naturally talented), but I enjoyed the episode and it really makes him seem like a good human and dad. It is also probably the best expose (accent) as to why it makes sense for a pro golfer to switch to LIV.

2. Funny you should throw me into the Dahmen comment because I've actually played with the guy in the same tournament as I'm a closet member at his primary country club. What you see on the show is how he is and all the guys love him.

In the complete absence of anything else to watch at the moment, I'll round the series out with 1 and 3.

Mayor of Kingstown is really good. We are enjoying the grit and grime of that show. Great characters.

another great season for the Formula 1 guys ...

I haven't followed racing since I was stopped collecting Matchbox and Hot Wheels and drooled over elaborate electric race car sets.

but this has me wanting to go to one of these cool European race sites for a destination trip.

In the complete absence of anything else to watch at the moment, I'll round the series out with 1 and 3.
1 was a good and lighthearted. It's JT and Spieth buddying it up.

Mayor of Kingstown is really good. We are enjoying the grit and grime of that show. Great characters.
I believe Mayor is just his in concept. Someone else is the writer for that show. but, he is Exec Producer, so he does have his hand in it in some capacity.

Under the Banner of Heaven (Streaming on Hulu)

7-episode mini-series true crime drama, based on the double murder of a wife and infant child.
From IMDB: "A devout detective's Mormon faith is tested as he investigates a brutal murder seemingly connected to an esteemed Utah family's spiral into LDS fundamentalism and their distrust in the government.

I wanted to like it, but it just fell short. Ran too long. Dragged painfully at times. However, I really liked Andrew Garfield as the lead detective and Gill Birmingham (from Yellowstone) as his partner. They're performance was really good, and kept me tuned in. If you have any interest in Mormonism or understanding it, you might find it to be worth your time. This goes into detail about the beginning of the religion through flashbacks and they tie the founding of the religion into the how a particular family became extremists.

It wasn't awful, but I can't recommend it.

the consultant on amazon prime staring christoph waltz, first episode is wtf and i’m in but i hope it can maintain this energy
Yeah this show is nuts. Binged through about half the season tonight.
It had a bit of a white lotus vibe, Waltz was excellent, and they were short episodes, but I wouldn't classify this is a must watch series by any means.
Pretty bummed things like this get produced while they axed The Expanse.

I'm about to finish watching The Wire for the fifth time.

100/10. Greatest show ever. Gets better every watch. If you've never seen it get out of your Platonic cave.
I started watching this about 6 months ago. I am just about done with season #3. It's been really good but not sure if it hits the greatest show ever accolades. Some of that might be because of how outdated it is in terms of the technology but that has been an interesting throw back looking at it as somewhat of a period piece. It definitely has a lot of great characters and how they are tying together has been interesting to see in the progressions over the seasons.

100/10. Greatest show ever. Gets better every watch. If you've never seen it get out of your Platonic cave.
I started watching this about 6 months ago. I am just about done with season #3. It's been really good but not sure if it hits the greatest show ever accolades. Some of that might be because of how outdated it is in terms of the technology but that has been an interesting throw back looking at it as somewhat of a period piece. It definitely has a lot of great characters and how they are tying together has been interesting to see in the progressions over the seasons.
Fortunately for us I'm sure of it. :lmao:

Season 4 is still near the top for me of the best season of TV ever

I've been going through Game of Thrones again and think I like it even better being able to binge it all. Things like Bran's storyline doesn't seem like it takes forever this way.

I'm just now getting to the part where it all fell to pieces though. So we'll see.

I honestly can't believe you are watching 5 times let alone twice. I never finished and bailed in middle of season 3. It got old real quick.

Watching it for my third time, but wife's first. One episode left in season 1. She's been hooked since very early. "They're gonna kill Bubbles, aren't they?"

I honestly can't believe you are watching 5 times let alone twice. I never finished and bailed in middle of season 3. It got old real quick.
It’s all good. Some people gotta like Nickelback and Big Bang Theory, too.

Users who are viewing this thread