What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Strengthening my WR bench (1 Viewer)

Thunderstruck7

Footballguy
I currently have Michael Gallup (DAL) and Jamison Crowder (NYJ) on my bench.  Adam Thielen (MIN), Allen Robinson II (CHI), and JuJu Smith -Schuster (PIT) as my regular starters in a 3WR standard scoring league with 6 teams. 

Leaning towards picking up  Chris Goodwin (TB) off waivers and dropping Crowder based on Goodwin’s performance thus far and knowing Tom Brady likes to spread the ball around. I understand he’s currently injured, but I don’t need him today. But I do want to strengthen my bench before others start picking up available players. 

Other available WRs to consider are:

Terry McLaurin (WAS)

DJ Chark Jr (JAX)

TY Hilton (IND)

Tyler Boyd (CIN)

Thank you for the help and opinions. 

I would get rid of Gallup, Crowder and another bench player and pick up Godwin, Chark, and McLaurin immediately.   No way any of those should be available in any league right now. Gives you solid WR and might be able to trade one in future for help at other positions.

Yoyo said:
I would get rid of Gallup, Crowder and another bench player and pick up Godwin, Chark, and McLaurin immediately.   No way any of those should be available in any league right now. Gives you solid WR and might be able to trade one in future for help at other positions.
Yeah, all 3 of Godwin, Chark and McLaurin should be top 20 ROS.  Even in a 6 team league none of them should be on the WW.  Gallup is a definite drop with the O-line injuries in Dallas.  Crowder might possibly be top 20 just because who else are the Jets going to give the ball to, and an Adam Gase offense is designed for slot receivers.  But he does still play for the Jests, so generally want to avoid that team as much as possible.

If you get all of those off of the WW, then you have enough good wr to try and trade a couple for a RB upgrade if you need one.

Users who are viewing this thread