What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Concert Season - Who's on your list? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Just booked Sting tickets and Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 - should be some good music.

And I got a solid shot at the Stones in Chicago.

Not much has been announced yet here. Dessa, Eleanor Friedberger, Tegan and Sara are all shows I'm planning on as of now. And I'm going to Bonnaroo...

Has anyone seen Fleetwood Mac live? I have never seen them play.

They are winding their way across and then back through the country. I have a couple of chances to see them, and was wondering if it was worth a few hundred bucks to sit close.

Has anyone seen Fleetwood Mac live? I have never seen them play.

They are winding their way across and then back through the country. I have a couple of chances to see them, and was wondering if it was worth a few hundred bucks to sit close.
Haven't seem them in a long time. When Stevie was young she was worth the price of admission.

Have tox to the killers next month. Looking at McCartney tickets as well. And that is just may.

Already saw YES at the Beacon in NYC last week. Will see The Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd/Bad Company (two seperate shows a few days apart) at Bethel Woods in July.

Muse last night

New Orleans Jazz Fest next two weekends

Country Megaticket in Camden, NJ (May 13 to Sept 14)

The Gaslight Anthem and The Hold Steady at the Stone Pony SummerStage Memorial Day Weekend

Black Sabbath

Matchbox 20/Goo Goo Dolls

Cyndi Lauper

Kid Rock

Yeah, we are all over the genre map this summer...

Foreigner May 10 at Canyon Club

Kid Rock May 19 at TigerJam at Mandalay Bay in Vegas

TIim McGraw June 15 in So Cal

Really want to see the Stones but got ripped off for $400 last time they were here. Scalpers asking 1K and up. I'd be down for

MB20 and Goo Goo Dolls for sure but on vacation in Hawaii when they are here. Should be one of the best gigs of he summer. Seeing The Mother Hips next Thursday at The Canyon. Lots more when announced. Love live music

Haven't seem them in a long time. When Stevie was young she was worth the price of admission.
I watched a few recent YouTube clips of them. They sound pretty good.

Is Christine McVie out of the band? I didn't see her anywhere.
She's spurned repeated requests to join the tour.
That's to bad. As long as Buckingham and Nicks are still viable they would be worth seeing. Not sure about spending a couple of hundred just to set closer, but that's just me.

Do you know if they cover her songs, or just simply ignore them? If they ignore them, that seems a pretty big hole in their set list.

I've always liked her. "Say You Love Me". "You Make Loving Fun". "Over My Head", all great songs. Her vocals in the middle section of "Don't Stop", and most of all, her steady and resonant piano playing. She's really good.

Vegas -- Santana, Stones , er... Jersey Boys

Back to back to back Mother's Day weekend

San Diego -- Steely Dan, maybe Willie Nelson ($84 seats available)

LA Phil, late May, incredible seats, Dudamel conducts Mozart - Marriage of Figaro :violin:

Foreigner May 10 at Canyon ClubKid Rock May 19 at TigerJam at Mandalay Bay in VegasTIim McGraw June 15 in So CalReally want to see the Stones but got ripped off for $400 last time they were here. Scalpers asking 1K and up. I'd be down forMB20 and Goo Goo Dolls for sure but on vacation in Hawaii when they are here. Should be one of the best gigs of he summer. Seeing The Mother Hips next Thursday at The Canyon. Lots more when announced. Love live music
Agee with the bolded part and like the multiple genres as well.

Andrea Bocelli- Hollywood Bowl

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Last night of their week long residency at the 1,300max capacity Henry Ford Theater. Hollywood CA

Robert Earl Keen Jr- Canyon Cub, Then either the Santa Barbara Live

Oaks Festival and/or The Elrey theater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if they cover her songs, or just simply ignore them? If they ignore them, that seems a pretty big hole in their set list.

I've always liked her. "Say You Love Me". "You Make Loving Fun". "Over My Head", all great songs. Her vocals in the middle section of "Don't Stop", and most of all, her steady and resonant piano playing. She's really good.
I haven't seen them in 25+ years. I just read an article where Nicks was discussing trying to talk her into coming back.

I'm really hoping to find my way into one of the rumored Arcade Fire secret warmup shows in the southeast U.S.

I usually catch Steely Dan every summer.

So Sept 21st at the Mann Center should be a good time.
As much as I like Steely Dan I've never seen them live. September at the Mann you say? Hmmmm....

So far I've got Steven Wilson & Opeth (one show) coming up and Riverside the following week. Clutch is a possibility as well but haven't gotten tickets yet.

Anybody seen Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience? Opinions?
These guys are touring locally with Heart - and from what I have read they put on a great show. And Heart is supposed to join them in some LZ songs.

I am placing it on my list.

May: Rock on the Range - Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Korn, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Cheap Trick, etc.

June: Tom Petty

Do you know if they cover her songs, or just simply ignore them? If they ignore them, that seems a pretty big hole in their set list. I've always liked her. "Say You Love Me". "You Make Loving Fun". "Over My Head", all great songs. Her vocals in the middle section of "Don't Stop", and most of all, her steady and resonant piano playing. She's really good.

I saw them a couple of years ago without her...if you know their music well, you will notice her missing. Lindsey took on some of the parts that Christine would have done, its still good, just noticable

May: Rock on the Range - Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Korn, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Cheap Trick, etc.
:lol: :lol:
Meh, not really a fan, but I just wanted to list the more well-known acts that will be there, and I figured they qualified. Really just super psyched to see the Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Bush and Korn. Is my first time seeing all of them other than Korrn.

:lol: :lol:
Meh, not really a fan, but I just wanted to list the more well-known acts that will be there, and I figured they qualified. Really just super psyched to see the Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Bush and Korn. Is my first time seeing all of them other than Korrn.
Papa Roach is surprisingly good live, they've sounded great the 2 times I've seen them at festival shows.Also, Bush and Stone Sour are good live, as was Three Days Grace but I haven't heard anything live by them with their new lead singer.The only show I'm committed to right now is Kid Rock in Tampa in Sept, but I'm always watching the smaller venues like HOB for shows, so who knows who else might pop up in the radar.

Iron Maiden and Megadeth, unfortunately only playing 6 shows in the states, none near me. Anthrax and Testament joining them for a show in Cali as well.

dal_boys_phan said:
Muse last nightNew Orleans Jazz Fest next two weekendsCountry Megaticket in Camden, NJ (May 13 to Sept 14)The Gaslight Anthem and The Hold Steady at the Stone Pony SummerStage Memorial Day WeekendBlack SabbathMatchbox 20/Goo Goo DollsCyndi LauperKid RockYeah, we are all over the genre map this summer...
Do you know what she is playing? Newer blues stuff or old stuff? She is here in June and I would not mind hearing the new stuff. Not sure I want to hear girls just wanna have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread