What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza V -- Playoffs Over -- Eephus Is Now Two-Time Summerpalooza Champion (1 Viewer)

I like all of those.

I also have a weak spot for vinegar.

I like Buffalo sauce, but I never thought of either of those as condiments. I'm probably totally wrong.

Little known fact: apple cider vinegar is the secret ingredient in REALLY good Buffalo sauce.

1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce (not their "Buffalo sauce"), 1/4 stick butter, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (organic). Melt butter over low/medium heat, add other ingredients, warm slowly and stir often. Pour over chicken/dip chicken in this sauce and thank me later. The ACV adds some bite you will enjoy.

I actually liked the movie Jungle Fever at the time, but I wonder if I'd feel differently if I watched it now.

Like all Spike's joynts, Jungle Fever had its moments but I found the central love story melodramatic and the ending ridiculous. I'm kind of curious about watching it again but it's not streaming anywhere.

I actually liked the movie Jungle Fever at the time, but I wonder if I'd feel differently if I watched it now.

Like all Spike's joynts, Jungle Fever had its moments but I found the central love story melodramatic and the ending ridiculous. I'm kind of curious about watching it again but it's not streaming anywhere.

I now realize I was mixing up my 1990-1991 not-as-well-received joynts with Wesley Snipes in them, and the one I enjoyed much more than expected was Mo' Better Blues. No, they do not have similar plots or really anything in common other than Spike and Wesley, so I feel dumb. I did see Jungle Fever and thought it was OK, though.

I now realize I was mixing up my 1990-1991 not-as-well-received joynts with Wesley Snipes in them, and the one I enjoyed much more than expected was Mo' Better Blues. No, they do not have similar plots or really anything in common other than Spike and Wesley, so I feel dumb. I did see Jungle Fever and thought it was OK, though.

Mo' Better is 100X better than Jungle Fever.

I watched Spike Lee in those NIke Air Jordan® commercials. And I saw Crooklyn.

But that's about it, really.

Last edited:
In our quest to squeeze every point out of positions it's nearly impossible to predict and no one cares about, we're punting on our kicker (no pun intended, or is it?). Apparently we're really positive on Chargers this week (no pun intended, or is it?).

Added:

Dustin Hopkins - K - LA Chargers - #6

OMG we have a triple score! (Note: this song was not run by my partner and he takes no responsibility for it.)

The Meters - 6V6 LA

Traded for Dak Prescott

If She Wants a Cowboy - Zach Bryan

This guy was the huge hyped show at Bonnaroo this year and he lived up to it pretty well.

As for this song, come for the awesome lyrics, stay for the autotune. It's a big **** you to modern country music.

She wanted a cowboy so I went off
And rode me a horse about every day
Got pretty good at ranching and riding
But she didn't care anyway
Champion buckles, and champion spurs
I got everything but her
Now I'm a cowboy and she wants Nashville
What the hell was all this worth

Find me a horse that I can cover
Find me some stars to sleep under
Find me a train, I'll hop out west
If she wants Nashville, I'll Nashville the best

One more
Man, I never heard a song this good

So find me a horse that I can cover
Find me some stars to sleep under
Find me a train, I'll hop out west
If she wants a cowboy, I'll cowboy the best

(Alright boys, I'm leaving for the day, take it easy
That was mine, that was it
Throw it on the damn radio)

Mo' Better is 100X better than Jungle Fever.
Agreed.

In JF it almost seemed like Spike was encouraging us to root against the relationship. That could have been a misread on my part, but I got very weird vibes from it.

Oh cool, I get to post three songs since I'm the other end of that trade.

Added Richie James, WR NYG

I mean, you can't acquire this guy and not pair him with Rick James.

Song: Ghetto Life -- Rick James

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyrGXnpSlIE

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/5Od8o3WsbeLxlGP1vmH6s6?si=7bb49c670a774972

Traded for Aaron Rodgers, QB GB

Song: Aaron -- Palehound

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXaduv0UGC0

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/3l7UUazUKmn9Ju31VxMeAj?si=f39dc98457b54d98

Traded for Dalton Schultz, TE DAL

Song -- Doolin-Dalton -- The Eagles

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhzrpZztl4

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/0huHTieLTlluurvasQLB74?si=99e2abe1a26844f7

The draft was more fun than churning through guys who have a chance of being a flex option if everything falls their way.

Are the Genrepalooza dice still free agents?
I thought about the dice this morning. No lie. They are indeed FA. Feel free to roll them bones.
I had an idea at one point for a "Music Festival Draft".

The idea was basically draft 3 headliners, 6 sub headliners and 12 small print bands. Once a band is gone it's gone and so are all its members (if The Beatles are at my festival, Wings can't play at yours) for a real deep-ish dive.

Then you would "build your lineup" essentially 3 days - each with a headliner, 2 subs and 4 small print bands.

It would be very theme heavy - you can have seperately themed days, or an overall theme or maybe none at all and it's multi genre, whatever you want but the idea was build the best you can as bands get picked away.

Then, because we need to be much more elaborate than all that, we have a bunch of non-music categories. Food providers, beverage companies, corporate sponsors. We all want our festival sponsored by McDonald's but only one can have them.

Also, you need to have some non musical acts - art, comedy, etc...

It could be a straight on draft or a small scale palooza. I think there are lots more category possibilities too, it could be expanded if people are into it. I don't know if this idea is too niche or just the right amount of niche. I think it could be really fun but also a bit more like a real draft - we all really want to get Budweiser as our beer provider and Nike as our corporate sponsor, right?

I think the fun thing with that is inevitably two or more people will want to do the same thing (whether it's there own Woodstock/60s festival/indie festival/hip hop, whatever) and have a specific way they want to curate it with the sponsors, food etc and it becomes a challenge of what do you take first.

Or maybe it just becomes a ravenous free for all to grab headliners :shrug:

This team is so mismanaged and desperate. I don't wear 0-2 and 15th well. My quarterbacks are notorious for coaches not letting them throw, so I have to go a different route here and think ahead. Justin FIelds has thrown the ball twenty-eight times. In two games.

Added

Kenny Pickett - QB - PIT

Song

Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins

This team is so mismanaged and desperate. I don't wear 0-2 and 15th well.
We both wear our records like a bad rash, but at least we're beside each other scratching with hopes of getting better. We may have the same record come week 5, and one us has to get the win.

We both wear our records like a bad rash, but at least we're beside each other scratching with hopes of getting better. We may have the same record come week 5, and one us has to get the win.

Indeed. Somebody's gotta win! At least the scheduling permitted for one of us to get a win this season.

I'm never really serious when I complain about my record, BTW. It's all in fun. Woe is me! Woe is me and my fake Summerpalooza football team!

Users who are viewing this thread