What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza V -- Playoffs Over -- Eephus Is Now Two-Time Summerpalooza Champion (1 Viewer)

After two weeks of goose eggs, we dropped DeVante Parker, and of course he's killing it now on Eephus's team.
That seems to be the way it goes often. You drop someone, and then they have a great game. I always hope it doesn't happen, but more times than not it does.

That is fun and adds some major twists to draft strategy
A lot of rookies are taken early in the draft. Breece Hall was the first rookie taken this year, and I think Kenny Pickett was the second. Pickett hasn't played yet, but he will. My rookies are D. Pierce and Garrett Wilson. I got Wilson in the 11th round. I hope Zach Wilson has good chemistry with him when he returns.

Is there a handy dandy guide that matches our Board names to our team names so that I know who I'm playing every week?
I think these are right:

Toney Island Baby - rockaction
NVs Kids from Yesterday - Northern Voice
landrys Hat - landrys Hat (I'm not sure about this one) 😉
Blackened Voodoo - Doug B
St. Brown Beavers - plinko
After the Pass Rush - Pip
Wikkid in the Sky with Mary - krista and neal
Froghoppers - Mrs. R
Akers of Hurts - Eephus
Can you Diggs It? Dr. O
SICKO MODE - ilove80s
Sudden Death from Above - Marco
The Hoodoo Guru - Truebluey
Art Vandelay - dkp
Rock N Roll High School - facook
Katmankoo - simey

Mrs. R. done got me this week.

On to next week. Big simey bowl coming. Can my 0-3 Toney Island Babies find their Toney for once? Will he practice? Will he play?

I wish he just wanted to win one for the coach.

You know, man, when I was a young man in high school
You believe it or not, I wanted to play football for the coach
And all those older guys
They said that he was mean and cruel, but you know
Wanted to play football for the coach
They said I was a little too light weight to play linebacker
So's I'm playing right end
Wanted to play football for the coach
'Cause, you know some day, man
You gotta stand up straight unless you're gonna fall
Then you're going to die
And the straightest dude
I ever knew was standing right for me all the time
So I had to play football for the coach
And I wanted to play football for the coach

Whoops. I’m not playing simey this week. This week it’s dkp. Wishing you the worst of the best of luck, dkp. Go Toney! “Let me tell you about a superhero named Toney. It’s called Tony’s Theme.”

Last edited:
You and me this week @rockaction, 15 vs 16 in the matchup of the week! Everyone is tuning into to this clash of the titans! I’ve been chasing off news crews on my front lawn all week. Hope the paparazzi is not hunting you down to much too. I mean can I just run a quick errand in peace!

But truth is I understand, can you really blame them, the people want to know what’s gonna happen.

To be fair, NO ONE on that offense would be a good #1.
That's the issue - no one else to take coverage away. Mooney can't beat the top corners that are now on him. It also doesn't help that Fields (who I was a fan of coming into the league) looks over-matched at this level. His o-line and weapons aren't doing him any favors.

Speaking of da Bears offensive juggernaut, I added

Trestan Ebner - RB - Chicago

Rumbleseat - Trestles

Trestan Ebner is a really hard name to find a song to match.

Mitch Trubisky will be starting as my quarterback this week.

That says it all.

Dipping into the sound recording comedy aisle, I'll take

Mitch Hedberg - The Pipe

I am not the biggest Mitch Hedberg fan, nor a real fan of stand-up, but he seemed like a really cool Mitch, so I'm game.

For those unsatisfied with a mere comedy selection, I give you without further hesitation

Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - Devil With The Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly

It's a rainy and windy day here. Tuesday I had to unexpectedly send my cat, Cole, up to the other side of the rainbow. 🌈 It was very sad and hard, but I am grateful for the years I had with him. It is painful losing him, but that is a part of loving him so much. The love and joy he brought me is/was worth all the tears that fall now. RIP Colio 😻 Love you forever.🐾

Users who are viewing this thread