What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza V -- Playoffs Over -- Eephus Is Now Two-Time Summerpalooza Champion (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Folks, this is the thread for Summerpalooza V, our annual music/fantasy football draft. This is to let me know if you're in and how many teams we have so that we can start the draft.

Draft Order :

1plinko
2Doug B
3rockaction
4krista/neal cassady
5Eephus
6Truebluey
7ilov80s
8The Dreaded Marco
9Pip's Invitation
10Northern Voice
11dkp993
12Dr. Octopus
13landrys hat
14simey
15facook
16Mrs. Rannous

Here is the collaborative spreadsheet address for both music and players:

Here is the master spreadsheet for just players and rounds (Please do not sort this. You can add to it, but don't sort -- and please follow the format of player's name, his team abbrev., and his position):

Last edited:
I'm in if the timing works. I'm having shoulder surgery on the 26th, so that day I may not be around. The 27th I have my in person draft in the league I've been in for 20 something years, but I'm going to zoom instead, and I can check in here. I'm being optimistic that I will make good picks while being sedated on painkillers.

I’d be willing to join, in the event you need someone. I realize you’re waiting for responses from everyone, but if you’re needing 1 more, I’m in. If you fill up, it’s all good, as I’m in 8 other leagues😂

:excited:
😂 This is WAY out of my comfort zone, but I’m trying to not be such an introvert. Most of my favorite posters are in this one, so what the hell?

Last edited:
The 27th I have my in person draft in the league I've been in for 20 something years, but I'm going to zoom instead, and I can check in here. I'm being optimistic that I will make good picks while being sedated on painkillers.
I probably also should have mentioned that I have an online draft the evening of 8/30. It's an auction so there is no respite -- especially in my case because I'm the commish -- except when we take league-wide breaks. So I won't be around much at that time either. I don't expect to be on painkillers.

Last edited:
The 27th I have my in person draft in the league I've been in for 20 something years, but I'm going to zoom instead, and I can check in here. I'm being optimistic that I will make good picks while being sedated on painkillers.
I probably also should have mentioned that I have an online draft the evening of 8/30. It's an auction so there is no respite -- especially in my case because I'm the commish -- except when we take league-wide breaks. So I won't be around much at that time either. I don't expect to be on painkillers.

Nerds

My in-person draft is on the 21st from about 11AM Central until about five. I'll be having enchiladas de tomatillo. Yum!
I will probably have a Lean Cuisine before my online auction. My main redraft league is having an in-person draft on Sept. 9 but it hasn't been announced where yet.

I don't expect to be on painkillers.
I went to the Virginia mountains over the weekend, and we went to a Farmer's Market one day. There was a guy there representing a mushroom farm. They sold mushrooms for culinary, medicinal, and provision purposes. You could try some of the culinary stuff, and there was a seasoning called Shroom Dust. He asked me if I wanted to try it, and I asked him if I put it on my food would it make me trip, and he said no. Anyway, I tried it, and it had a good taste to it. I bought a jar partly to support their business, partly because it tasted good, and partly because I like the name of it. We sprinkled some on an egg scramble, and it was good!

I’d be willing to join, in the event you need someone. I realize you’re waiting for responses from everyone, but if you’re needing 1 more, I’m in. If you fill up, it’s all good, as I’m in 8 other leagues😂

😂 This is WAY out of my comfort zone, but I’m trying to not be such an introvert. Most of my favorite posters are in this one, so what the hell?

You won't do this, but feel free to follow my lead of choosing music that is either: A) sweet hippety-hop; or B) music that makes music-lovers angry; and then C) have fun!

I don't expect to be on painkillers.
I went to the Virginia mountains over the weekend, and we went to a Farmer's Market one day. There was a guy there representing a mushroom farm. They sold mushrooms for culinary, medicinal, and provision purposes. You could try some of the culinary stuff, and there was a seasoning called Shroom Dust. He asked me if I wanted to try it, and I asked him if I put it on my food would it make me trip, and he said no. Anyway, I tried it, and it had a good taste to it. I bought a jar partly to support their business, partly because it tasted good, and partly because I like the name of it. We sprinkled some on an egg scramble, and it was good!

Man, you are SO stoned right now.

You won't do this, but feel free to follow my lead of choosing music that is either: A) sweet hippety-hop; or B) music that makes music-lovers angry; and then C) have fun!
Well, my favorite artist is Frank Zappa, so I’ve got B covered. :bag:

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
Okay, I'm gonna update this

In:

rockaction
NV
Mrs. Rannous
krista4
Pip's Invitation (depending)
Dr. Octopus
facook
simey (depending)
Eephus (depending)
neal cassady (if needed)
The Dreaded Marco (if the timing is a little later)

I was thinking that we might start sometime around the 19th-23rd, depending on everybody's availability. That'll give us about eighteen-twenty days to do it. We really normally do this around the first week of August and then we're largely done by the time preseason ends, so please, please bear with me if the scheduling isn't necessarily perfect or if things go a little sideways vis a vis your availability. It seems we have a few late August trips and commitments, but we'd rather have you in the league than miss you because you're supposedly "holding things up" or anything like that. My thinking is that if you're out for the day, you're out for the day, and we'll just have to wait. I'd prefer to start ASAP but we need to get responses from other people and then also work out the logistics of the draft.

As always, the amount of teams might vary. We can go anywhere from 10-16 teams, really, so that will affect the number of rounds we go because we have COVID bench rules and I think it would behoove us to update those.

Peace and love.

We may have to ask if notifications are working and whether or not they are fixable.
I’m pretty sure the @ doesn’t do anything on the new board.
@s are supposed to work on a Xenforo board -- they work just fine on Saintsreport.

On this board so far, it's inconsistent. Seems to be about 50-50.

And even though my squads are always terrible in these things (and I could never learn this kind of FA bidding system -- too used to worst-to-first), I'll be in for this one. For the draft if nothing else.

So, at the end of the day, we have:

In:

rockaction
NV
Mrs. Rannous
krista4/neal cassady
Pip's Invitation
Dr. Octopus
facook
simey
Eephus
ilov80s
plinko
Doug B
dkp993 (if teams allow)
Truebluey
landry's hat

That's 16. I'm giving preference to the "atted" folks first, then going with neal and dkp933 as waiting in the wings. It's bad to reject people you invite. So we're looking at a 16-team league here if we include dkp and neal, which is cool and good in my book. Love to have you guys. So we need one more to make it even. I know Raging and Karma would make a team, but they're not around a whole bunch anymore. That leave @Truebluey only people aren't getting the "ats." I'll write him a PM and see.

Best,

RA

Last edited:

In:

rockaction
NV
Mrs. Rannous
krista4
Dr. Octopus
facook
simey (depending)
Eephus (depending)
ilov80s
plinko
Doug B
neal cassady (if teams allow)
dkp993 (if teams allow)

That's 15. I'm giving preference to the "atted" folks first, then going with neal and dkp933 as waiting in the wings. It's bad to reject people you invite. So we're looking at a 16-team league here if we include dkp and neal, which is cool and good in my book. Love to have you guys. So we need one more to make it even. I know Raging and Karma would make a team, but they're not around a whole bunch anymore. That leave @Truebluey only people aren't getting the "ats." I'll write him a PM and see.

Best,

RA

See above - neal and I are a team now, so you can take him off the list and give a spot to anyone else.

ETA: Or use that to even things out.

In:

rockaction
NV
Mrs. Rannous
krista4
Dr. Octopus
facook
simey (depending)
Eephus (depending)
ilov80s
plinko
Doug B
neal cassady (if teams allow)
dkp993 (if teams allow)

That's 15. I'm giving preference to the "atted" folks first, then going with neal and dkp933 as waiting in the wings. It's bad to reject people you invite. So we're looking at a 16-team league here if we include dkp and neal, which is cool and good in my book. Love to have you guys. So we need one more to make it even. I know Raging and Karma would make a team, but they're not around a whole bunch anymore. That leave @Truebluey only people aren't getting the "ats." I'll write him a PM and see.

Best,

RA
k4 and Neal are teaming up, so they will count as one team.

Oh, okay. k4 and neal, now a team. So we have fourteen. I invited Truebluey over PM, so we'll see what that brings. We may have fifteen and need to add another or however it goes. We have at least three days to figure it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread