What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM Notes Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14bramel_sundayAM_idp_9

EARLY GAMES
Arizona at Dallas

Tony Jefferson fully participated in practice Friday and has been cleared to play today. Tyrann Mathieu and Deone Bucannon remain subpackage players, making their snap expectation difficult to figure in most weeks. With the Cowboys possibly going run heavy with Tony Romo injured, we may see relatively less of both Mathieu and Bucannon today.

Kyle Wilbur is expected to start for Justin Durant, with Rolando McClain and Bruce Carter playing every-down roles. Watch Anthony Hitchens' snap count, however. Rookie DeMarcus Lawrence has been activated and will have a rotational role today. He's a longshot to have consistent value, but I'll review his snaps closely in this week's RTD.

Jacksonville at Cincinnati

J.T. Thomas started and played every down at middle linebacker last week. That tells you what the coaches think of Geno Hayes. The clock may now be ticking on Telvin Smith taking over as an every-down backer, especially with Jacksonville all but out of playoff contention. Dwayne Gratz was limited this week with a groin injury, but listed probable.

With Vontaze Burfict out, we'll see Vinny Rey at middle linebacker and a rotation of Jayson DiManche and Marquis Flowers at one outside linebacker position. Emmanuel Lamur and Rey will be the every-down players. Last week's explosion of assists, with very few solos, may be a one week anomaly for the Cincinnati home stat crew or it may be a return to the painful 2011 and 2012 seasons. Lower your expectations for Lamur and Rey unless you get equal points for solos and assists. The matchup is unfavorable, too.

Just out of curiousity did you watch the game film from the Jags game? I ask because I saw this blurb earlier in the week:

"(KFFL)Jacksonville Jaguars LB Telvin Smith took over at middle linebacker in Week 8 against the Miami Dolphins after winning AFC Defensive Player of the Week in Week 7 against the Cleveland Browns. Smith and LB J.T. Thomas have played effectively together, strengthening the overall team defense."

Just out of curiousity did you watch the game film from the Jags game? I ask because I saw this blurb earlier in the week:

"(KFFL)Jacksonville Jaguars LB Telvin Smith took over at middle linebacker in Week 8 against the Miami Dolphins after winning AFC Defensive Player of the Week in Week 7 against the Cleveland Browns. Smith and LB J.T. Thomas have played effectively together, strengthening the overall team defense."
Not sure what Chris saw, but Smith played in nickel situations. He was between the tackles on some of those snaps, with Thomas further outside. I saw no snaps where Smith was playing in the middle in base situations. I can't think of a snap in which I saw Smith in the base defense at all.

Jay Morrison @JayMorrisonCMG
Nico Johnson is starting for Maualuga at MLB. Vinny Rey for Burfict at WILL. #Bengals

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
J.T. Thomas starts at Otto for Watson ... Jeremiah George starts at Mike (first NFL start, first defensive snap coming up). #Jaguars

Mike Jones , Washington Post, Redskins Beat Writer
In pregame warmup reps, Everette Brown is lined up at left end, and Kerrigan at right. Will be interesting if they start the game this way

Users who are viewing this thread