What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday News, Notes and Inactives (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Early Games

Arizona at New England

Travis LaBoy and Clark Haggans are out this week. That almost assures Gerald Hayes of near every down duty. Adrian Wilson is questionable with a toe injury, but practiced fully Friday and is active today.

Tedy Bruschi is out this week. James Sanders inactive after missing practice all week with an abdominal injury. Gary Guyton is inactive after being limited all week with an ankle injury. Junior Seau, along with Jerod Mayo, may be an every-down player this week if he can’t go. Ellis Hobbs was also limited and is questionable, but is ACTIVE and played under similar circumstances last week.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Chinedum Ndukwe is active. He practiced fully Thursday and Friday and is very likely to return to the lineup this week.

Leon Williams is INACTIVE, was doubtful with a knee injury and did not practice all week. That likely makes Andra Davis an every-down player.

Miami at Kansas City

Channing Crowder is INACTIVE today, was questionable with a knee injury though able to return to a limited practice on Friday. Akin Ayodele moves to his more favorable tackle spot and Reggie Torbor takes Ayodele's slot.

Donnie Edwards was placed on IR this week. Maurice Leggett is INACTIVE, was questionable this week with a shoulder injury. He was limited Friday after a full Thursday practice and didn’t play last week. Alfonso Boone is out.

New Orleans at Detroit

New Orleans has no significant defensive injuries or inactives.

Leigh Bodden is questionable with a groin injury and didn’t practice Thursday or Friday. Dewayne White is questionable with a calf injury, but was able to practice (limited) only on Friday. Both are ACTIVE today.

Pittsburgh at Tennessee

Brett Keisel is active today -- was listed questionable, but practiced fully all week and is expected to return to the lineup.

Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth are out. David Thornton is active, though he again did not practice much this week.

San Diego at Tampa Bay

San Diego has no significant defensive injuries. Clinton Hart practiced all week and should return to the lineup.

Gaines Adams is questionable and was limited all week with an ankle injury, as was Greg White with a shoulder injury. Derrick Brooks (rib) practiced fully on Friday and looks likely to play despite being listed questionable. All three are ACTIVE today.

San Francisco at St. Louis

San Francisco has no significant defensive injuries or inactives.

Ron Bartell is active after being added to the injury report as probable after a limited Friday practice with a back injury.

Late Games

Atlanta at Minnesota

John Abraham is questionable with multiple injuries, but should play as usual.

Pat Williams is out this week. Jared Allen is listed questionable and was limited this week, but will likely play through this injury again this week.

Buffalo at Denver

Jabari Greer was limited all week in practice and is listed doubtful.

Champ Bailey is closer to returning from a groin injury, but remains questionable.

Houston at Oakland

Xavier Adibi was able to return to a limited practice Friday but is listed questionable with a groin injury and is a GTD. Morlon Greenwood replaced him in the lineup and nickel packages last week.

The Raiders have no significant defensive injuries.

New York Jets at Seattle

Eric Barton (knee), David Harris (groin), Kris Jenkins (hip) and Bryan Thomas (shoulder) are all listed questionable again this week after being limited in practice. All played after being listed questionable last week.

Leroy Hill is likely out again this week. His replacement DD Lewis is also questionable after limited practices with a leg injury.

Philadelphia at Washington

Philadelphia has no significant defensive injuries.

Washington lists Kedric Golston, Cornelius Griffin and Marcus Washington questionable, but all practiced fully Friday. Rocky McIntosh and Carlos Rogers are apparently still unlikely to start, making HB Blades the presumptive WLB and DeAngelo Hall and Shawn Springs the starting corners.

SNF

Carolina at New York Giants

Carolina has no significant defensive injuries.

Fred Robbins is questionable with a shoulder injury after limited Thursday/Friday practices.

MNF

Green Bay at Chicago

Atari Bigby is on IR. Aaron Rouse may move back into the lineup at safety this week with Charles Woodson back at corner.

Chicago has no significant defensive injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
All inactives are in.

Do not have a guarantee that Ndukwe is in the lineup yet, but I'll have confirmation up if/when I see it.

Best of luck to all of you in your title games this weekend. I'll be out this afternoon and unable to post late game or evening updates. The only major news looks to be the status of Xavier Adibi, which isn't likely to affect many. Still, if anyone sees any big news or surprises, it'd be appreciated if you could share it with everyone.

Happy Holidays!

All inactives are in.Do not have a guarantee that Ndukwe is in the lineup yet, but I'll have confirmation up if/when I see it.Best of luck to all of you in your title games this weekend. I'll be out this afternoon and unable to post late game or evening updates. The only major news looks to be the status of Xavier Adibi, which isn't likely to affect many. Still, if anyone sees any big news or surprises, it'd be appreciated if you could share it with everyone.Happy Holidays!
Where can I find info on starting lineups for week 16?

All inactives are in.Do not have a guarantee that Ndukwe is in the lineup yet, but I'll have confirmation up if/when I see it.Best of luck to all of you in your title games this weekend. I'll be out this afternoon and unable to post late game or evening updates. The only major news looks to be the status of Xavier Adibi, which isn't likely to affect many. Still, if anyone sees any big news or surprises, it'd be appreciated if you could share it with everyone.Happy Holidays!
I'm usually trolling the beat writer blogs, official team sites and NFL.com blogs for inactives and pregame information. Some teams have information much more readily available than others.If you're specifically concerned about Adibi, the Texans official website will post a link on their front page when the inactives are released, but the NFL.com inactives blog is likely to have the Texans-Raiders inactives earliest.

I'm usually trolling the beat writer blogs, official team sites and NFL.com blogs for inactives and pregame information. Some teams have information much more readily available than others.If you're specifically concerned about Adibi, the Texans official website will post a link on their front page when the inactives are released, but the NFL.com inactives blog is likely to have the Texans-Raiders inactives earliest.
Am more concerned about Ndukwe and if he's starting or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am more concerned about Ndukwe.
All three major local sources I use look unlikely to post anything new this morning. I have multiple emails out requesting confirmation.Except with Carson Palmer (and maybe Levi Jones), the Bengals haven't hesitated to use the IR list this season. I think if Ndukwe wasn't expected to play, he wouldn't be practicing and he wouldn't be active for a game. There's no question he's the best safety on the team right now and I can't imagine that he wouldn't start and play regularly today.I'm just a stickler for absolute information whenever there's any possibility of shenanigans.If you're comfortable with a slight risk of re-injury or the somewhat shaky matchup, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Ndukwe starts today.

Am more concerned about Ndukwe.
All three major local sources I use look unlikely to post anything new this morning. I have multiple emails out requesting confirmation.Except with Carson Palmer (and maybe Levi Jones), the Bengals haven't hesitated to use the IR list this season. I think if Ndukwe wasn't expected to play, he wouldn't be practicing and he wouldn't be active for a game. There's no question he's the best safety on the team right now and I can't imagine that he wouldn't start and play regularly today.I'm just a stickler for absolute information whenever there's any possibility of shenanigans.If you're comfortable with a slight risk of re-injury or the somewhat shaky matchup, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Ndukwe starts today.
Thanks as always Jene!! I've got a 2 week SB so I can afford to take the risk (I hope).

Bump for any David Harris news......
link
New York Jets Week 16 inactives

Jets inactives: K Mike Nugent, QB Brett Ratliff (3rd), CB Drew Coleman, DB J.R. Reed, CB David Barrett, DB James Ihedigbo, LB Cody Spencer, WR Chansi Stuckey.

Our View: Laveranues Coles (thigh) and Jerricho Cotchery (shoulder) are active and will start. On defense, linebacker David Harris (groin), defensive tackle Kris Jenkins (hip) and linebacker Eric Barton (knee) are active and will start.

Users who are viewing this thread