What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LVII ****Kansas City vs Philadelphia**** KC 38...PHI 35 Chiefs are World Champions!!! (1 Viewer)

Philly is -2 on vgasInsider
49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some.

Trevor Sikkema
@TampaBayTre
Bengals are an awesome team, but Philly’s pass rush would’ve eaten Burrow alive behind that OL Chiefs vs. Eagles is going to be a hell of game. Playoffs did its job right
I think these are the two best teams, but I think most non-homers see that they each got big breaks yesterday. That isn't a knock on either. You need a lot of luck to get to this stage. Just makes it hard for me to predict this matchup.

KC's prospects look better if they can get Snead and some of these WRs back, but the key should be how the OL matches up against an awesome Eagles DL. Mahomes is the best QB in the game and he can manufacture yards if healthy/protected.

Trevor Sikkema
@TampaBayTre
Bengals are an awesome team, but Philly’s pass rush would’ve eaten Burrow alive behind that OL Chiefs vs. Eagles is going to be a hell of game. Playoffs did its job right
I think these are the two best teams, but I think most non-homers see that they each got big breaks yesterday. That isn't a knock on either. You need a lot of luck to get to this stage. Just makes it hard for me to predict this matchup.

KC's prospects look better if they can get Snead and some of these WRs back, but the key should be how the OL matches up against an awesome Eagles DL. Mahomes is the best QB in the game and he can manufacture yards if healthy/protected.

I'm looking at Mahomes in the same vein I did Brady in the 2017 SB. Philly can do everything they're supposed to do against the guy to beat him......and he'll still manage a way to beat them.

49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some
So they set the line, the sharps pounded Philly, and they corrected.

Little more respect for a team that won two playoff games by 3 TDs might be in order

Hurts has all the pressure on him. Can he handle it. He threw the ball like total dogshit today.
Seems to me that if the Eagles scored 31 with Hurts throwing like dogshit (vs a defense that KC can only dream of having), that might be bad news for KC
Not sure that performance will cut it against KC offense. I have seen him dominate many a game but Super Bowl
is whole other level. KC Dline in no joke.

I think Eagles win but this is a close matchup and he is most important player on the team.
Is THIS a joke? Chris Jones and a bunch of guys 5 sacks or less unless I'm missing something.

49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some.

The line "may have already jumped some"?

The line has already already jumped a lot.

A 3 - 3 1/2 point swing in the NFL, and on the biggest game, is a big line movement.

Hurts has all the pressure on him. Can he handle it. He threw the ball like total dogshit today.
Seems to me that if the Eagles scored 31 with Hurts throwing like dogshit (vs a defense that KC can only dream of having), that might be bad news for KC
Not sure that performance will cut it against KC offense. I have seen him dominate many a game but Super Bowl

I think Eagles win but this is a close matchup and he is most important player on the team.
Is THIS a joke? Chris Jones and a bunch of guys 5 sacks or less unless I'm missing something.
They just lit up Burrow. Chris Jones is a stud, Frank Clark is nasty, and the rookie from Purdue looks good. Pretty sure they are in top 3 for QB hurries or some such stat they said on pre-game yesterday. Eagles have better D for sure but KC is decent there.

Yesterday was weird game and because of that he didn't have to do anything but Hurts was looking a bit shaky to me.

They just lit up Burrow. Chris Jones is a stud, Frank Clark is nasty, and the rookie from Purdue looks good. Pretty sure they are in top 3 for QB hurries or some such stat they said on pre-game yesterday. Eagles have better D for sure but KC is decent there.

Yesterday was weird game and because of that he didn't have to do anything but Hurts was looking a bit shaky to me.
They did, but didn't the Bengals have like, THREE missing starting offensive lineman? And Nick Bosa just had a bagel vs our Oline (who have 3 starting Pro Bowlers and the 2 other guys are alternates). Not sure where/how highly regarded the O line of Cincy is, but its not "The Best in Football" like so many say about the Eagles line.

They did, but didn't the Bengals have like, THREE missing starting offensive lineman? And Nick Bosa just had a bagel vs our Oline (who have 3 starting Pro Bowlers and the 2 other guys are alternates). Not sure where/how highly regarded the O line of Cincy is, but its not "The Best in Football" like so many say about the Eagles line.
The Bengals had that same OL issue versus Buffalo and Burrow went off. KC has it going right now.

The Bengals had that same OL issue versus Buffalo and Burrow went off. KC has it going right now.
I mean, Buffalo pass rush is weak too, but sure I guess. Bottom line I guess is our OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE lines are better than anything I believe the Chiefs have faced all year. Chiefs got just 2 sacks vs Jax in the playoffs as well. If you think they will win, that is fine. But let the record show the stats and how "easy" it was against "The #1/Super Physical" Defense of the Niners and I just saw their 2 best players taken out of the game completely. Chris Jones is nice, but Jason Kelce is going to the Hall of Fame on the backs of making DT's look silly. Bring it!

I mean, Buffalo pass rush is weak too, but sure I guess. Bottom line I guess is our OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE lines are better than anything I believe the Chiefs have faced all year. Chiefs got just 2 sacks vs Jax in the playoffs as well. If you think they will win, that is fine. But let the record show the stats and how "easy" it was against "The #1/Super Physical" Defense of the Niners and I just saw their 2 best players taken out of the game completely. Chris Jones is nice, but Jason Kelce is going to the Hall of Fame on the backs of making DT's look silly. Bring it!
I think Philly will win.

KC does have two best offensive players on either team and best player at the most important position in the game. I do think Hurts is a stud but maybe his shoulder is messing with him, his throws were not good yesterday. Eagles should run all day.

49.5 o/u

A 3 - 3 1/2 point swing in the NFL, and on the biggest game, is a big line movement.
I don't know how anyone can bet without finding out who the referees want to win. That would have helped to know for the games yesterday.

I think Philly will win.

KC does have two best offensive players on either team and best player at the most important position in the game. I do think Hurts is a stud but maybe his shoulder is messing with him, his throws were not good yesterday. Eagles should run all day.
I agree with most of this. Mahomes is great, Kelce is great. But we probably have the next best 5-10 players being honest. So shut down Kelce (haha easier said than done) and make Mahomes beat you from the pocket. He will have more time to rest his hurt ankle, but me thinks last nights efforts got it very sore again. We better run it.

I think Philly will win.

I agree with most of this. Mahomes is great, Kelce is great. But we probably have the next best 5-10 players being honest. So shut down Kelce (haha easier said than done) and make Mahomes beat you from the pocket. He will have more time to rest his hurt ankle, but me thinks last nights efforts got it very sore again. We better run it.
Agree. You guys have this in the bag.

Much better roster overall and your coach is an up and comer all time great. I just hope the Chiefs can give you a game.

I think Philly will win.

Much better roster overall and your coach is an up and comer all time great. I just hope the Chiefs can give you a game.
🤣 Still too early.

I think Philly will win.

🤣 Still too early.
I really mean it this time.

I think Philly will win.

🤣 Still too early.
I really mean it this time.
SF fans meant it, whether they realized it was tongue in cheek at the time or not. Good luck though!

This should muddy the waters...

In 99, Andy Reid starts head coaching for the Eagles. Brings in Doug Pederson as QB.

In 2009, Reid brings Pederson back as an assistant coach. That same year Nick Sirianni started at the Chiefs as offensive quality control coach and later wide receivers coach.

In 2013, Andy Reid leaves or was fired by the Eagles with Pederson and joins the Chiefs, and instantly fires Nick Sirianni.

In 2016, Pederson returns to the Eagles as head coach and hires Frank Reich as OC.

In 2018, Reich returns to the colts as head coach and hires Nick Sirianni as OC.

In 2021, Sirianni is hired as head coach of the Eagles

And now in the 2022 season, Sirianni and the Eagles go up against Reid and the Chiefs.

In 99, Andy Reid starts head coaching for the Eagles. Brings in Doug Pederson as QB.

In 2009, Reid brings Pederson back as an assistant coach. That same year Nick Sirianni started at the Chiefs as offensive quality control coach and later wide receivers coach.

In 2013, Andy Reid leaves or was fired by the Eagles with Pederson and joins the Chiefs, and instantly fires Nick Sirianni.

In 2016, Pederson returns to the Eagles as head coach and hires Frank Reich as OC.

In 2018, Reich returns to the colts as head coach and hires Nick Sirianni as OC.

And now in the 2022 season, Sirianni and the Eagles go up against Reid and the Chiefs.
So who's on first.

Trevor Sikkema
@TampaBayTre

I'm looking at Mahomes in the same vein I did Brady in the 2017 SB. Philly can do everything they're supposed to do against the guy to beat him......and he'll still manage a way to beat them.
But Brady didn't beat them in 2017

49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some

Little more respect for a team that won two playoff games by 3 TDs might be in order
yep, like I said, absurd that KC would giving 2.5 points.

So who's on first.
Naturally

49.5 o/u

Maybe, but the Chiefs beat Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles beat Daniel Jones and a team that had no QB for the majority of the game. I would say the Eagles are getting the right amount of respect. They are favored slightly, as they should be, but the Chiefs have the better coach and the better QB, and that can often times swing things.

49.5 o/u

Maybe, but the Chiefs beat Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles beat Daniel Jones and a team that had no QB for the majority of the game. I would say the Eagles are getting the right amount of respect. They are favored slightly, as they should be, but the Chiefs have the better coach and the better QB, and that can often times swing things.
But The Eagles have the better defense. And it's a defense unlike any The Chiefs have seen this season. The Philly defense will at least control if not dominate this game.

Through a series of know-someone-who-knows-someone-who-knows-someone coincidences, I was invited to join Playboy's company office football pool. I'm in second place for the season, which means correctly picking the Super Bowl winner will net me a nice payday. I would have had a shot at first place if last night's CIN/KC game turned out differently. Picking the loser will probably knock me out of the money unless everyone else does the same. So :blackdot:

49.5 o/u

Man, Andy's game management must have really improved since he was in Philly.

49.5 o/u

But The Eagles have the better defense. And it's a defense unlike any The Chiefs have seen this season. The Philly defense will at least control if not dominate this game.
Careful, that's what the 9ers fans were saying.

Yes, but this is not week 3 of the regular season, and we are trying to figure out of the 2-0 Eagles are any good. They've been dominant wire to wire, and crushed two playoff teams by three TDs apiece.

49.5 o/u

Calm down

Here is a link from the opening line, seems like Philly has been favored since the opening bell

@unckeyherb does it read the same to you? I think the KC -1.5 was pulled out of thin air

The line has stayed pretty solid since the start although i expect some movement in the build up to the game, I could see the public going with Mahomes and pushing this to a Pk'Em

49.5 o/u

The bold just isn't true. The 49ers defense was statistically better than the Eagles defense on points, yardage, and takeaways. The Chiefs scored 44 points on them, tied for the most they scored all season.

49.5 o/u

The bold just isn't true. The 49ers defense was statistically better than the Eagles defense on points, yardage, and takeaways. The Chiefs scored 44 points on them, tied for the most they scored all season.
Yep. Granted, Mahomes was healthier then than he will be in two weeks, but the Chiefs made that 49ers defense look like chumps that day. And while I don't expect them to do that to the Eagles defense, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. The concern for the Chiefs will be stopping the Eagles running game. If Philly runs it like they normally do, they can control the clock and limit possessions.

49.5 o/u

The line has stayed pretty solid since the start although i expect some movement in the build up to the game, I could see the public going with Mahomes and pushing this to a Pk'Em

False. Calm down, it's okay to be wrong.

Yep. Granted, Mahomes was healthier then than he will be in two weeks, but the Chiefs made that 49ers defense look like chumps that day. And while I don't expect them to do that to the Eagles defense, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. The concern for the Chiefs will be stopping the Eagles running game. If Philly runs it like they normally do, they can control the clock and limit possessions.
All good points. Not trying to short sell the Eagles defense at all; they're very strong up front.

49.5 o/u

Calm down

Here is a link from the opening line, seems like Philly has been favored since the opening bell

@unckeyherb does it read the same to you? I think the KC -1.5 was pulled out of thin air

actually opened KC -2.5

http://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/super-bowl-under.7471748/post-7812910

49.5 o/u

Calm down

actually opened KC -2.5

http://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/super-bowl-under.7471748/post-7812910
So more like a 4 1/2 point movement. Nuts.

Actually just saw an ESPN segment with a Pro specifically talking about the significant line movement.

But MOP has planted his flag and will argue until he's purple in the face. After being corrected (dead wrong), he's now gone so far as to claim Philly opened as the favorite.

It's hilarious. Instead of just admitting something, he will go down with the ship, screw the lifeboats.

You can’t post anything good about another team in the NFL without also saying that the Eagles are the best or you’re going to get called out. It’s insufferable and why everyone except eagles fans wants anyone but the eagles to win. Best to just move along

Users who are viewing this thread