What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LVII ****Kansas City vs Philadelphia**** KC 38...PHI 35 Chiefs are World Champions!!! (1 Viewer)

Well, luck sure seems on the eagles side. Probably the easiest path a super bowl team has ever had.

At this rate I expect the winner of KC/CIN to be starting their backup QB.

I'm not saying Philly isn't a great team, they might be the best team this year, just saying they've had basically everything break their way since hurts got back.

Well, luck sure seems on the eagles side. Probably the easiest path a super bowl team has ever had.

At this rate I expect the winner of KC/CIN to be starting their backup QB.

I'm not saying Philly isn't a great team, they might be the best team this year, just saying they've had basically everything break their way since hurts got back.
Lol they’ve been on a seek and destroy path all season long. It sucks for SF that Purdy got hurt but we’ve all been saying for the last week that our Dline is going to be a difference maker and they were. Sf run defense has been allowing 70 yards per game and we more than doubled that while running in FOUR tds. They’ve earned everything they gotten so far and luck has little to do with it.

Eagles really did have the easiest schedule this year and have gotten all the breaks in the playoffs so far.

I have no dog in the fight, either. It's just how it is. Easy schedule (Football Outsiders had it last in difficulty acccording to DVOA) and tons of breaks in the playoffs, though unckeyherb points out that they made their own breaks by getting to SF QBs. But the NFL East was wildly overrated and they got the team with the 21st DVOA in the first round.

Just...a lot of luck. I expect either AFC to give them fits and the AFC team, if the quarterbacks are healthy, is probably going to win a close game.

Right now I have Kansas City as field goal favorites should they win. Cincinnati is wildly different because of the missing O-line guys.

Eagles really did have the easiest schedule this year and have gotten all the breaks in the playoffs so far.

I have no dog in the fight, either. It's just how it is. Easy schedule (Football Outsiders had it last in difficulty acccording to DVOA) and tons of breaks in the playoffs, though unckeyherb points out that they made their own breaks by getting to SF QBs. But the NFL East was wildly overrated and they got the team with the 21st DVOA in the first round.

Just...a lot of luck. I expect either AFC to give them fits and the AFC, if the quarterbacks are healthy, are probably going to win a close game.
Eagles had the highest opponent win pct of all teams.

That's somewhat irrelevant with the unbalanced schedule and intra-division play.

Here's what Football Outsiders says:

SCHEDULE lists average DVOA of opponents played this season, ranked from hardest schedule (#1, most positive) to easiest schedule (#32, most negative). It is not adjusted for which games are home or road. For the current season, the listing of schedule is split into past and future schedules.

Philly was #32

That's somewhat irrelevant with the unbalanced schedule and intra-division play.

SCHEDULE lists average DVOA of opponents played this season, ranked from hardest schedule (#1, most positive) to easiest schedule (#32, most negative). It is not adjusted for which games are home or road. For the current season, the listing of schedule is split into past and future schedules.

Philly was #32
Oh this is going to be a fun back and forth week

:popcorn:

Just...a lot of luck. I expect either AFC to give them fits and the AFC team, if the quarterbacks are healthy, is probably going to win a close game.

Right now I have Kansas City as field goal favorites should they win. Cincinnati is wildly different because of the missing O-line guys.
Bro NFC east had 75% in the playoffs. And you can say it’s luck that purdy got hurt, but the Eagles caused that and they turned it into a boat race.

You play who you’re scheduled to play. And the eagles curbstomped just about everyone they faced.

Bro NFC east had 75% in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter. Every team in the NFC East got the North in the NFC for four games and the South in the AFC for four games, two terrible divisions. Then they had six games in their own relatively weak division. DVOA is a pretty reliable measure of team strength. Philly had the easiest schedule.

Bro NFC east had 75% in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter. Every team in the NFC East got the North in the NFC for four games and the South in the AFC for four games, two terrible divisions. Then they had six games in their own relatively weak division. DVOA is a pretty reliable measure of team strength. Philly had the easiest schedule.
Even if that is the case-and I don’t buy that it is honestly-so what. Eagles blew the doors off teams all year and blew the doors off each team they played in the playoffs.

I'm looking at the schedule. The teams PHI played just stink. Aside from the match-ups I mentioned they got the Steelers, the Cardinals, and the Saints. All seriously mediocre or awful clubs.
Apart from KC and Miami who did SF play? Again, the eagles dismantled teams all year long.

I look at what my eyes see on the field and the Eagles are a dominant team. They don’t really have any weaknesses. I think I posted in the Eagles thread around week 8 that they were a shoe in to go to the Super Bowl. I was called out for that (rightfully so since a lot left to happen in the season). But here we are.

With that said, yes the Eagles have been extremely lucky. I mean they’re going to the Super Bowl with their starting 22 in tact. How often does that happen? Then they play a team today who likely would have made the game competitive if not for a 4th QB who gave it away. Next up are one of two teams who are already dealing with significant injuries.

I dunno - maybe it’s just their year? They’re very good and apparently very lucky as well :shrug:

I'm looking at the schedule. The teams PHI played just stink. Aside from the match-ups I mentioned they got the Steelers, the Cardinals, and the Saints. All seriously mediocre or awful clubs.
Said it earlier in the week. All that tells me is Football outsiders DVOA is full of ****. You don't have the #1 opponent win pct and get the easiest schedule. You want to tell me it's like 15th or something, sure. 32nd? No ****ing way.

All that tells me is Football outsiders DVOA is full of ****.

You can tell yourself that all you want if it makes you feel better.
Its not about making me feel better. If a teams Strength of Schedule is listed as the hardest, it most definitely is not the easiest no matter what made up projections some internet football bro says.

I kind of don't want to play the Bengals. Chase and Higgins combined with Burrow are a problem. Our pass rush is great but I feel like they could counter it with quick passes and Mixon.

If a teams Strength of Schedule is listed as the hardest

By who and what measure? EDS football? Get out of here with that. Combined wins and losses of one's opponent means nothing without context. The schedule is fundamentally unbalanced.

Preseason it was noted that the Eagles would likely have the easiest schedule in the game along with the Giants. DVOA indicates it was indeed the easiest. Close enough for me. Close enough for government work, anyway.

If a teams Strength of Schedule is listed as the hardest

By who and what measure? EDS football? Get out of here with that. Combined wins and losses of one's opponent means nothing without context. The schedule is fundamentally unbalanced.

Preseason it was noted that the Eagles would likely have the easiest schedule in the game along with the Giants. DVOA indicates it was indeed the easiest. Close enough for me. Close enough for government work, anyway.
Next year when they do Strength of schedule, it will be done by their 2022 regular season record. Eagles opponents this year had the highest win pct.

So again, I'm not opposed to DVOA but it has to have some logic not based on the evaluators feelings. Saying the team with the highest opponent win pct is the easiest schedule is just stupid and brings the whole evaluation into question.

I kind of don't want to play the Bengals. Chase and Higgins combined with Burrow are a problem. Our pass rush is great but I feel like they could counter it with quick passes and Mixon.
I was thinking the Chiefs would be tougher but I’m starting to think you’re right. Bengals weakness is the O line (not sure if they will get any healthier in 2 weeks) but they have a stud at QB and huge playmakers. Mahomes not being able to move that well will hurt a lot against the Eagles. Also I’m pretty sure the Bengals are competitive in every game. It won’t be a blowout like today.

Eagles will put up lots of points. KC won’t have the answers for the run game.

Eagles will take Kelce out and make the below average KC WR group beat them- which won’t happen.

Philly was #32
Oh this is going to be a fun back and forth week

:popcorn:

Well this didn't take long to get our first pissing match. A couple of minutes after the games participants are official

Could be a good game. I’m seeing PHI -1

I have a hard time betting against either of these teams. I may just watch it (gasp!) without a wager.

I think the Eagles are better, but the Chiefs have Mahomes and Andy Reid. I think the Chiefs will find a way to win a close one.

Had the Bengals won today, I can only imagine how many times that Eagles pass rush would have sacked Burrow.

Users who are viewing this thread