What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl ticket prices (1 Viewer)

Area is supposedly shady af.  Had friends at Sunday's game and apparently zero police presence post game.  Niner fan attacked and in a medically induced coma.  Brian Stowe II

Area is supposedly shady af.  Had friends at Sunday's game and apparently zero police presence post game.  Niner fan attacked and in a medically induced coma.  Brian Stowe II

Ever been to a Ram or Dodger game?  Lots of undesirables.   Superbowl will be different though as most will be out of towners with $$$$$.

sorry to hear about the mauled fan ... disgusting. 

the city is cleaning a clear swath straight from the airport to SoFi - they are removing all potential eyesores on the route, as to not horrify the vistors. 

yep. do the ol' spit and polish schtick to impress the outta towners - a bandaid on a shotgun blast - then let it go right back to rotting the #### out. 

there's a cat on YouTubez by name of 'German In Venice' who has been chronicling all of this. 

I went to a Super Bowl once....no need to ever go again. It's a game. I'd rather be home with my friends enjoying wings and beer for 1/10th the price. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun experience, but if I never did it I don't think my life would be any worse. Granted my team didn't win, so maybe that would have changed things. 

Giants vs Ravens in Tampa Bay in 2001

The charger raider game was a disaster. 10k fans couldn’t get in, due to the lightening storm crashing the inner webs. Everyone had electronic tickets and couldn’t pull up their tickets to get in. It got seriously unruly outside. Plenty o cops though. 

and yes, the stadium is in the hood.  There’s no bandaid to hide that. 

I went to a Super Bowl once....no need to ever go again. It's a game. I'd rather be home with my friends enjoying wings and beer for 1/10th the price. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun experience, but if I never did it I don't think my life would be any worse. Granted my team didn't win, so maybe that would have changed things. 

Same. I wouldn’t go again, unless it was free and absolutely vvvvip. I went to oak-tb in SD. 

I don’t see the issue. Supply and demand. Put it in LA and prices soar beyond the original huge tag. 

Parking a mile away from Sofi starts at $350 a spot, outside the Stadium in Orange Zone Lot E begins at $2,000,Red Zone Lot start at $2,800..... :jawdrop: .......Parking only,  :wall:  (Stubhub prices)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ever been to a Ram or Dodger game?  Lots of undesirables.   Superbowl will be different though as most will be out of towners with $$$$$.
As someone who’s been to the stadium this year for a game much of this is overblown. This story in particular is getting headlines but if read further what actually happened is the Niner fan started a fight with the Rams fan and got knocked out, it was a one punch fight, and he fell back hitting his head on the ground. There’s video of the whole thing apparently.  So while it’s definitely sad it’s not made out as the headlines are suggesting.  

Kerry Collins era! 

Same. I wouldn’t go again, unless it was free and absolutely vvvvip. I went to oak-tb in SD. 
That’s interesting. I was running the biggest nightclub in downtown SD that year and actually threw the Madden party at my place the day before the Super Bowl. It was a madhouse and a ton of fun.

But as far as your thoughts about the game I literally just 30 minutes ago got offered the opportunity to buy two tickets at face value. It’s still steep, 1800 apiece, and I’m trying to figure out what to do. As a Lifelong Rams fan with the Super Bowl in our stadium I’m not sure how I can miss that, but I’ve heard time and time again feedback similar to what you said, that it’s not worth it. Really struggling with this decision

That’s interesting. I was running the biggest nightclub in downtown SD that year and actually threw the Madden party at my place the day before the Super Bowl. It was a madhouse and a ton of fun.

But as far as your thoughts about the game I literally just 30 minutes ago got offered the opportunity to buy two tickets at face value. It’s still steep, 1800 apiece, and I’m trying to figure out what to do. As a Lifelong Rams fan with the Super Bowl in our stadium I’m not sure how I can miss that, but I’ve heard time and time again feedback similar to what you said, that it’s not worth it. Really struggling with this decision
Go to the game.

If this traveshamockery of a team ever hosts an AFCCG I will do whatever is necessary to go, but I have zero interest in ever going to a super bowl. 

sorry to hear about the mauled fan ... disgusting. 

the city is cleaning a clear swath straight from the airport to SoFi - they are removing all potential eyesores on the route, as to not horrify the vistors. 

yep. do the ol' spit and polish schtick to impress the outta towners - a bandaid on a shotgun blast - then let it go right back to rotting the #### out. 

there's a cat on YouTubez by name of 'German In Venice' who has been chronicling all of this. 
:unsure:  we are coming to LA for a week in December. Anything you need to tell me lol

If you can afford it, I'd go. 

:unsure:  we are coming to LA for a week in December. Anything you need to tell me lol
otb_lifer is a lifelong New Yawwwwker. 

Me and dkp993 are out here. We are in nearly the exact same area, about an hour-plus from L.A. If he says it's okay to go, I believe him. 

I do not know the YouTube channel of which otb speaks. I believe him, too. There are parts of L.A. that can obviously be very, very bad. Avoid those places. 

Are you going to Disneyland? 

I watched the press conference last night and came away with the same impression. One-punch fight, guy hit his head. Then again, they've gotta do damage control before the Super Bowl, so there's that. Don't want the bigwigs to worry about their skulls and all that. So even though there's supposedly video, I'd take anything with a grain of salt. 

This is also why you never let beer muscles get in the way of judgment. Back down. Your head will live for the next day that way. 

Go to the game.
Yeah, absolutely.

Parking a mile away from Sofi starts at $350 a spot, outside the Stadium in Orange Zone Lot E begins at $2,000,Red Zone Lot start at $2,800..... :jawdrop: .......Parking only,  :wall:  (Stubhub prices)
Sheesh. Maybe I’ll get a ticket to fly out, rent a car, and drive for Uber all week. Uber drivers gonna clean up.

Well Inglewood used to be an undesirable area but the facilities themselves with SoFi and the Forum are beautiful. Now the surrounding area is being built out with restaurants, new residential etc. I went to see the Stones at SoFi and other than the parking it was awesome. We don’t have undesirable fans in LA unless it’s the Raiders in town. And while the incident last week was unfortunate, let’s get the facts first. The victim pushed the other guy first. Not disputed. Guy turned around and clocked him. One punch. Less than 5 seconds. Unfortunate - but maybe don’t push people if you don’t want to get in an altercation.

Anybody who goes to the game will have a great experience. Stadium is a masterpiece.  Fans are great.  Tickets are outrageously expensive though  

If you don’t take them I will

Buy the tickets for sure. 

Then either go, or, even better, sell them for those insane prices and host a party with the profit.

Me and dkp993 are out here. We are in nearly the exact same area, about an hour-plus from L.A. If he says it's okay to go, I believe him. 

I do not know the YouTube channel of which otb speaks. I believe him, too. There are parts of L.A. that can obviously be very, very bad. Avoid those places. 

4 days in LA - doing some Hollywood stuff and hopefully a laker game. Then yea, 3 or 4 days at Disneyland. 

Hey it’s LA, there are scary parts for sure just like any big city.  The area around SoFi isn’t great but I never felt unsafe going to, from or at the game.  

Surprised they're this high. I understand the game being in LA and whatnot but Bengals/Rams isn't as exciting as say, Chiefs/Packers. 

Surprised they're this high. I understand the game being in LA and whatnot but Bengals/Rams isn't as exciting as say, Chiefs/Packers. 
Going to be a massive showbiz industry event. The after parties will be sick. 

Teams don't really matter. 

The partying before and the night of, were off the charts. We had access to the raider hotel.  Hung out with the maloof brothers.  It was a great time. The game itself…..not so much.  Of course the raiders got smoked, but still. 

The immediate area around the stadium is fine. 2-3 blocks in any direction, You’re happy to be in a car.  

The partying before and the night of, were off the charts. We had access to the raider hotel.  Hung out with the maloof brothers.  It was a great time. The game itself…..not so much.  Of course the raiders got smoked, but still. 
Yeah that was my experience as well minus going to the game. As I said we held the madden bowl tournament at our venue.  VIP only, 2000 celebrities and athletes. It was unreal. At one point I was in a conversation with Jerry Rice, David Wells and Leeann Tweeden, was doing my best just to not act like the 1 thing that obviously didn’t fit in that group. Crazy.

The day of the game my bar was 80% Raiders fans, when the game ended I was legitimately worried we’d be ground zero for a riot.  Ultimately nothing happened but the energy in the air sure felt like it could go that way.  

so weird ...

I love sports, and I love the teams I root for

but I have never wanted to do harm to someone that like the other team

I grew up in southern Ohio and love both the Browns and Bengals

we hated the Steeler because they were so good

I moved to the Pittsburgh area in the early-mid 90's

####### awesome people ...no different than the Cleveland area or Cincy

I didn't want to like the Steelers ...but I was engulfed by the emotion of these people ...it was the same 

working class people that needed something to hang on to

got to meet and hang out with Rocky Bleier and Jack Tatum

Tatum was great until he got drunk ...and he was as scary as you could image he would be ...his deal in the NFL was no act ..this guy was trouble

this was a small golf outing, and we were all at the bar of this really small country club - Rocky kept having to calm him down

everyone there loved him but he got drunk and still wanted to fight ...Rocky was a sweetheart and somehow managed him 

I thought he would get him out of there, but apparently knew he had mood swings when drinking

if anyone thinks that those "old dudes" in the NFL weren't badasses and didn't try to hurt people ...they aren't living in reality

as a life long Browns (first) and Bengals fan (2nd) ...I respect and love Rocky Bleier - I go to meet a person that not only was clearly a Vietnam vet ...but a guy that took close are of a teammate years later

and was tremendously gracious in the process

I still want to hate "Stillers" ...

but I can't 

?? please talk about this
We had access to the Hyatt where the raiders were staying. It was ground zero for celebrities. Or one of them. We met them thenight before the game. One of my friends was 5-10 smokeshow. She interested the maloofs. 🤣🤣 We partied until 3am and during the course of the evening, they found out the smokeshow didn’t have a ticket to the game.  They said we’ll send a limo for you tomorrow, you’re going to the game with us.  We ended up hanging with them at the game. and went to dinner at japengos afterwords with them. Good times. 

Yeah that was my experience as well minus going to the game. As I said we held the madden bowl tournament at our venue.  VIP only, 2000 celebrities and athletes. It was unreal. At one point I was in a conversation with Jerry Rice, David Wells and Leeann Tweeden, was doing my best just to not act like the 1 thing that obviously didn’t fit in that group. Crazy.

The day of the game my bar was 80% Raiders fans, when the game ended I was legitimately worried we’d be ground zero for a riot.  Ultimately nothing happened but the energy in the air sure felt like it could go that way.  
Sounds about right. I met Jerry 1 or 2 days before the game at the hotel. I was wearing his jersey. He said he’d sign it after they won, since I had access to the after party. 😬🙄😢

Sort of cherry picking.  Stubhub prices are usually the highest 10-14 days out to the super bowl then they drop.  If you really want to go get there and sort a ticket out 24hrs prior. Not with stubhub 

😁 nah, been awhile since i've been out that way - just giving second hand from what i saw on YT.  

I do not know the YouTube channel of which otb speaks. I believe him, too. There are parts of L.A. that can obviously be very, very bad.

the YTr in question is a portly chap, sounds like Hanz & Franz from the ol' SNL skits - caught his segment on the great cleanup whilst rabbit holing Hope Sandoval  :lol:

point i was trying to make is that the only reason they were sweeping that area was to hide the tent cities/homeless from the visitors ... and that it would likely go back to biz as usual come 2/14. 

ergo, bandaid on a shotgun blast comment ... i didn't mean they were gonna transform the area magically, simply that they are cramming as much under the carpet as they can, 'cuz company is coming. 

ETA: the city is also handing out hotel vouchers to the displaced like candy. 

they know what's up. 

Going to be a massive showbiz industry event. The after parties will be sick. 

Teams don't really matter. 
Pretty much.  Teams that haven’t been there in a long time do bump the price up a little.  I think there will be a lot of Bengals fans there.  The one thing that does hurt here is the rams playing at home, so 30k fans are not buying hotel rooms.  

so weird ...

I love sports, and I love the teams I root for

but I have never wanted to do harm to someone that like the other team

I grew up in southern Ohio and love both the Browns and Bengals

we hated the Steeler because they were so good

I moved to the Pittsburgh area in the early-mid 90's

####### awesome people ...no different than the Cleveland area or Cincy

I didn't want to like the Steelers ...but I was engulfed by the emotion of these people ...it was the same 

working class people that needed something to hang on to

got to meet and hang out with Rocky Bleier and Jack Tatum

Tatum was great until he got drunk ...and he was as scary as you could image he would be ...his deal in the NFL was no act ..this guy was trouble

this was a small golf outing, and we were all at the bar of this really small country club - Rocky kept having to calm him down

everyone there loved him but he got drunk and still wanted to fight ...Rocky was a sweetheart and somehow managed him 

I thought he would get him out of there, but apparently knew he had mood swings when drinking

if anyone thinks that those "old dudes" in the NFL weren't badasses and didn't try to hurt people ...they aren't living in reality

as a life long Browns (first) and Bengals fan (2nd) ...I respect and love Rocky Bleier - I go to meet a person that not only was clearly a Vietnam vet ...but a guy that took close are of a teammate years later

and was tremendously gracious in the process

I still want to hate "Stillers" ...

but I can't 

Do you mean Jack Lambert? 

Pretty much.  Teams that haven’t been there in a long time do bump the price up a little.  I think there will be a lot of Bengals fans there.  The one thing that does hurt here is the rams playing at home, so 30k fans are not buying hotel rooms.  

Teams allotments are like 5k each.  Sure some will buy their way in but it's not the college playoffs. 

Users who are viewing this thread