What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUPER Deep Redraft Sleepers (1 Viewer)

Lavachebeadsman

Footballguy
So my list is populated elsewhere (PM me for a link if you want), but I want to know some new names to study. My basic goal is not to be surprised by any waiver wire pickup in 2013. That way, I'm not stuck trying to play catch up with evals; getting my homework out of the way early, I suppose. Anyways, who are some of your guys' 3rd and 4th string players who you think could shine or earn fantasy relevant playing time?

My guys are Micheal Smith, Patrick Stewart, Chase Reynolds, Travaris Cadet and Jewel Hampton. Who ya got?

Last edited by a moderator:
On your list, I like Stewart as currently the easiest path to carries, barring a Blount trade. There were some other minor points I'd take contention with (Ingram not being a good pass catcher; Dixon not being a NFL RB or something similar).

Additionally-- I clicked on the site again and now it wants me to pay $1 to re-read it...LOL

i'm curious, do you people pay fbg's to link your blogs here?

ETA: i don't see the point in discussing REDRAFT sleepers this time of year. the rosters aren't even set yet, the draft is a month away, and most of these people could be on different teams or practice squads come august.

i'm curious, do you people pay fbg's to link your blogs here?ETA: i don't see the point in discussing REDRAFT sleepers this time of year. the rosters aren't even set yet, the draft is a month away, and most of these people could be on different teams or practice squads come august.
That's the argument I'm making, that these players will have an impact on their current teams, that they will hang around. Anyways, that is not the point. I want some more names, some that I'm missing or that the community as a whole are not recognizing. The post would be the same without the link.

Those players look like deep dynasty options rather than re-draft sleepers - but then again you just wanted the "hit" on your site anyway (you're welcome) or you would have just listed them here.

ETA: actually I guess you also want a $1 from me, as when I went back to look again it asked me for a $1 if I wanted to read the article. :lmao:

Those players look like deep dynasty options rather than re-draft sleepers - but then again you just wanted the "hit" on your site anyway (you're welcome) or you would have just listed them here.

ETA: actually I guess you also want a $1 for me, as when I went back to look again it asked me for a $1 if I wanted to read the article. :lmao:
:thumbdown: something needs to be done with the leaching bloggers here... it's getting ridiculous.

'Lavachebeadsman said:
So my list is populated here, but I want to know some new names to study. My basic goal is not to be surprised by any waiver wire pickup in 2013. That way, I'm not stuck trying to play catch up with evals; getting my homework out of the way early, I suppose. Anyways, who are some of your guys' 3rd and 4th string players who you think could shine or earn fantasy relevant playing time?
what will you pay me to place content in your blog?

Link removed. I just want to have a discussion.
You want a discussion, then post your list here. Don't make us go to another fantasy football site and then try to get us to subscribe. That just comes across as shady, even if your intentions are honest.

Link removed. I just want to have a discussion.
You want a discussion, then post your list here. Don't make us go to another fantasy football site and then try to get us to subscribe. That just comes across as shady, even if your intentions are honest.
:goodposting: Need a few names to get it started OP.
:yes: i would be perfectly fine if the people linking their blogs would just quote what they're linking us to... if i like it or find it interesting i'll click the link and see what else they have to offer. forcing people to click a link to your blog is just bad interweb etiquette. the guys who are on the payroll here get a pass imo, but for the rest of you, do us all a favor and quit the leeching.

i would be perfectly fine if the people linking their blogs would just quote what they're linking us to... if i like it or find it interesting i'll click the link and see what else they have to offer. forcing people to click a link to your blog is just bad interweb etiquette.
As someone that's links to a blog, I agree that being mindful of the links is important. But IMO hijacking a thread with a 1500 word post full of HTML formatting is way more egregious than posting a couple sentence summary along with a link. Especially when it's in an existing topic and is on topic in terms of the conversation there.Like you said, if people aren't interested they can skim the post and go to the next one.

i would be perfectly fine if the people linking their blogs would just quote what they're linking us to... if i like it or find it interesting i'll click the link and see what else they have to offer. forcing people to click a link to your blog is just bad interweb etiquette.
As someone that's links to a blog, I agree that being mindful of the links is important. But IMO hijacking a thread with a 1500 word post full of HTML formatting is way more egregious than posting a couple sentence summary along with a link. Especially when it's in an existing topic and is on topic in terms of the conversation there.Like you said, if people aren't interested they can skim the post and go to the next one.
i'd rather have a wall of text on topic than have to click on a link to determine WFT you're trying to say after a few obscure intro sentences with a link thrown in. imo, it's just a shady way to get traffic on an unknown blog and it's not right.

My list is Micheal Smith, Patrick Stewart, Chase Reynolds, Travaris Cadet and Jewel Hampton. That's the list I've started formulating. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, guys.

I love the black & white the blue color tones on the blog. Mousing over pics turns them to full color. Well done for the visuals

ETA: actually I guess you also want a $1 for me, as when I went back to look again it asked me for a $1 if I wanted to read the article. :lmao:
:thumbdown: something needs to be done with the leaching bloggers here... it's getting ridiculous.
I can't stand people like that. Please click on the link in my sig. I need traffic!!

I can't stand people like that. Please click on the link in my sig. I need traffic!!
SUPER DEEP Grilled Meat IdeasSo my list is populated here ( Check out my grillin blog ), but I want to know some new meats to study. Anyone ever try Emu?

My list is Micheal Smith, Patrick Stewart, Chase Reynolds, Travaris Cadet and Jewel Hampton. That's the list I've started formulating. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, guys.
these guys are even rosterable in re-draft. In dynasty I checked around too, not one of them are rostered in the 6 dyno leagues im in. waiver fodder guys

SUPER DEEP Grilled Meat IdeasSo my list is populated here ( Check out my grillin blog ), but I want to know some new meats to study. Anyone ever try Emu?
For super deep sleeper for grilled meats, I give you Teres Major, Flat Iron, and Tri Tip.I'm not going to bother giving you the links, but I will tell you that all of these are between $8-9/pound here in St. Louis. They are all cuts of steak and the former two argue over who is the second most tender behind tenderloin. They aren't quite as tender as tenderloin, but are more flavorful. Find a local butcher and get some

For super deep sleeper for grilled meats, I give you Teres Major, Flat Iron, and Tri Tip.I'm not going to bother giving you the links, but I will tell you that all of these are between $8-9/pound here in St. Louis. They are all cuts of steak and the former two argue over who is the second most tender behind tenderloin. They aren't quite as tender as tenderloin, but are more flavorful. Find a local butcher and get some
Nice tip. Without asking to divulge subscriber content, can you recommend a local butcher?

Well, this thread isn't turning out a total loss.

:thumbup: teres major is a nice cheap cut, it's not pretty but it's definitely MAJORLY tender. one of my favorite cuts if my butcher is out of ribeye.

these guys are even rosterable in re-draft. In dynasty I checked around too, not one of them are rostered in the 6 dyno leagues im in. waiver fodder guys
Guess it depends on roster and league size don't you think? I hate to interrupt the packs fun bashing this guy, but your personal experience doesn't necessarily reflect everyone else's.Travaris Cadet has been rostered on and off in 2 of my 4 dynasty leagues. I have Michael Smith and Jewel Hampton rostered in one league (16 team, 60 man rosters in offseason).

Nice tip. Without asking to divulge subscriber content, can you recommend a local butcher?

Well, this thread isn't turning out a total loss.
I bought four Teres Majors today for about $24. STored them in the freezer. Smallest was about 12 ounces. One cool thing about that cut is that when it cooks it "puffs up" to be about 50% thicker than when it went on the grill. I cannot explain this at all. So what looks like a small steak will bulk up during the cooking process.As for a local butcher, well, that is subscriber content as I am talking to two about a sponsorship deal!

these guys are even rosterable in re-draft. In dynasty I checked around too, not one of them are rostered in the 6 dyno leagues im in.waiver fodder guys
That is the point of the article. Guys to keep you eye on, monitor, but not to roster. I would imagine if you checked at this time last year, no one would have had Joique Bell rostered either.

Cadet and Hampton are rostered in every one of my leagues. Smith in two of them. Roster size and number of teams matters a lot when you're making comments like this.Personally, I can't imagine enjoying a league where a guy like Cadet isn't rostered. But that's what I enjoy. I'm not going to judge what you enjoy.

<p>Can we get back on topic here and talk about meat, please?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>ETA, check out my blog in my sig!</p>

If anyone is wondering, I just did my WR post. Clyde Gates, Tommy Streeter, Cole Beasley, Jarrett Boykin and Marvin McNutt. I used alot of PFF premium stats and Rotoviz Subscription tools, so PM me if you want a link. My boss would not be stoked on re-posting $$ info.

If anyone is wondering, I just did my WR post. Clyde Gates, Tommy Streeter, Cole Beasley, Jarrett Boykin and Marvin McNutt. I used alot of PFF premium stats and Rotoviz Subscription tools, so PM me if you want a link. My boss would not be stoked on re-posting $$ info.
What are your thoughts on Boykin. I have him rostered in my money league. Having Jennings leave I believe there are some balls to go to a rook like Boykin who could start a nice progression in a pass happy offense...

What are your thoughts on Boykin. I have him rostered in my money league. Having Jennings leave I believe there are some balls to go to a rook like Boykin who could start a nice progression in a pass happy offense...
I'm not gonna spam the link or repost the stuff, feel free to PM me if you want more info. In general, I think there is a piece of the pie that is his for the taking.

I'm not gonna spam the link or repost the stuff, feel free to PM me if you want more info. In general, I think there is a piece of the pie that is his for the taking.
Or you could just share your opinion. And I feel the same way. That there are some catches to be made in that offense with Jennings gone and he has a great chance to grab some of them...

??? why dont you just tell us what you think instead of just dancing around it? you don't have to link or include *secret* numbers to tell us how you feel about someone.

werdnoynek said:
Lavachebeadsman said:
TheFanatic said:
??? why dont you just tell us what you think instead of just dancing around it? you don't have to link or include *secret* numbers to tell us how you feel about someone.
Just said how I felt. There is going to be an opportunity there and I think there are a few things about that offense and the type of receivers that Aaron Rodgers succeeds with that points towards Boykin's eventual fantasy success.

werdnoynek said:
Lavachebeadsman said:
TheFanatic said:
Just said how I felt. There is going to be an opportunity there and I think there are a few things about that offense and the type of receivers that Aaron Rodgers succeeds with that points towards Boykin's eventual fantasy success.
Here's a little tip from one blogger to another. Give it away for a while. Give your knowledge away for free. If it's as good as you think it is, then people will come find you when you stop giving it away.

How do I know this? I did it for a few years. I went to multiple websites, including the FFA here, and gave away what I did before I shortened it to a link and a couple pictures where I could. I started my blog in November of 2008. I posted what I did all over the net, completely sharing what I did on my blog on other sites for the first couple years. More than once, I found someone responding, "You should have your own blog/site." To that I always responded, "As a matter of fact, I do!"

2012 was my best year yet. I appeared on local television, between all four stations, more than two dozen times, wrote feature articles in more than one local pub, was quotes by the Wall Street Journal, was hired by Char-Broil, the Missouri Beef Council, and Sears to write for them and had three grills (one retailing for a grand) delivered to my house, along with many other products, for nothing more than a review.

And since 2008 I've used the website to raise thousands for charity.

I have paid advertisers which makes the site profitable.

I come up with an idea for an article and I sell it to a local publication. Once it goes to print, I call all of the local TV and radio producers I've met along the way and pimp the article (and my website) on their program.

Trust me, give it away for a while. If you are as good as you think you are, then giving the product away will build your following more than this tap dance you are doing around what you have written.

If you would like to discuss the many more things I can offer you to help promote your site, feel free to PM me. In the mean time, share your knowledge. Build the trust here and on other sites before you get all cryptic and hold back. You haven't build enough board cred and trust to do what you're doing...

Here's a little tip from one blogger to another. Give it away for a while. Give your knowledge away for free. If it's as good as you think it is, then people will come find you when you stop giving it away.

How do I know this? I did it for a few years. I went to multiple websites, including the FFA here, and gave away what I did before I shortened it to a link and a couple pictures where I could. I started my blog in November of 2008. I posted what I did all over the net, completely sharing what I did on my blog on other sites for the first couple years. More than once, I found someone responding, "You should have your own blog/site." To that I always responded, "As a matter of fact, I do!"

2012 was my best year yet. I appeared on local television, between all four stations, more than two dozen times, wrote feature articles in more than one local pub, was quotes by the Wall Street Journal, was hired by Char-Broil, the Missouri Beef Council, and Sears to write for them and had three grills (one retailing for a grand) delivered to my house, along with many other products, for nothing more than a review.

And since 2008 I've used the website to raise thousands for charity.

I have paid advertisers which makes the site profitable.

I come up with an idea for an article and I sell it to a local publication. Once it goes to print, I call all of the local TV and radio producers I've met along the way and pimp the article (and my website) on their program.

Trust me, give it away for a while. If you are as good as you think you are, then giving the product away will build your following more than this tap dance you are doing around what you have written.

If you would like to discuss the many more things I can offer you to help promote your site, feel free to PM me. In the mean time, share your knowledge. Build the trust here and on other sites before you get all cryptic and hold back. You haven't build enough board cred and trust to do what you're doing...
When I've posted stuff from my own blog, I just copy and pasted the whole thing. I don't even have ads on my own site that generate any money, so I don't care about clicks. But contractually, I can't give away the info that is behind the pay wall on that site. I do appreciate the advice though, man.

Users who are viewing this thread