What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superbowl commercials (1 Viewer)

The "Chunky Style Milk" was good.

Audi should have had a red car and Canadian music for their ad.

The NFL 100th 'ad' before the halftime show was great. Need to watch that again to see who all was in that. Bet it was fun for them to make.

The commercial business completely changed over last 8-10 years. They just don't sink the money into it like they used to.

Some just awful commercials.

The Verizon commercials "honoring" first responders were total emotionally manipulative garbage. It's been less than 6 months since Verizon inhibited firefighting efforts in California by throttling the data of plans specifically created for firefighters. And now they're cynically running these ads to not only try to make people forget, but to manipulate search engine results when people search for "Verizon firefighters".

And that "small town" Kia commercial was garbage too. Hey, you go to a run down school, you're all ugly and have no talent, nobody will ever truly care about you, and your only real job option is to work in a factory your whole life. Buy a Kia.

Are companies afraid to make funny SB commercials anymore?  Is "funny" a toxic masculinity attribute?  Or does laughter signify bullying?  It just seems like over the past 5 years or so that companies have decided to start doing sad commercials or woke commercials.  I don't get it.

I could watch that chunky milk one over and over.  The black guy's reaction had me rolling.  :lmao:   

Listening to  a few radio shows this morning and the common thought was the commercials were as boring as the game.

TheIronSheik said:
Are companies afraid to make funny SB commercials anymore?  Is "funny" a toxic masculinity attribute?  Or does laughter signify bullying?  It just seems like over the past 5 years or so that companies have decided to start doing sad commercials or woke commercials.  I don't get it.

You make a funny commercial and a bunch of humorless vegans vow never to buy one of your vehicles. 

TheIronSheik said:

I could watch that chunky milk one over and over.  The black guy's reaction had me rolling.  :lmao:   
Considering how much backlash Budweiser is facing for daring to make fun of corn, I expect we’ll see even less attempts at humor going forward:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/04/business/anheuser-busch-corn-super-bowl/index.html

Unbelievable...

GoT commercial was the best.

The NFL one was fun.  Love Marshawn.

The dumb corn syrup and "organic" mich ultra or miller lite or whatever it was were both really bad.

Chunky milk grossed me out too much to enjoy.

The rest were forgettable.

NFL 100 was the best.

GOT Bud Light was next.  The Oberyn Martell/Mountain fight reenactment had me laughing. 

The Stella Artois was funny only because it had the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world  in it.

The NFL 100 was great.  Was there suppose to be something about the waiter with pink hair at the start?

The NFL 100 was great.  Was there suppose to be something about the waiter with pink hair at the start?
He's a famous twitch streamer.  Makes more money than some of those athletes just to play video games.  Jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread