What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superman/Batman Movie... (1 Viewer)

Mavel = fun

DC = dark and edgy.  It worked for batman but not for the other characters IMO.  Like Aquaman looks like a total flop.  Instead they should have got that gay kid from Girls and had him run around in green and orange spandex and be super flamboyant 

Although if I can get some Darkseid and Parademons in Justice League I might be down for that

Fantastic Four.. alright, there is a franchise that no matter how low your expectations are, they are still going to let you down.  They suck even in the context of expecting them to suck.

My expectation levels for DC films are so low that I am able to enjoy them.  I wasn't disappointed by BvS or Suicide Squad because I had no hopes going in.

I imagine I'll be able to enjoy WW and JL for the same reason.

eta - not just DC.. I would lump X-Men films into this bucket as well.
I didn't hate Batman v. Superman as much as most mainly because, like you, my expectations were really low. It's still a mess but there were parts of it I enjoyed like Affleck's performance and Gal Gadot's final Wonder Woman entrance. 

Suicide Squad was an absolute disaster, though. I struggled to make it to the end of that film. Thank God for all the shots of Margot Robbie's ###. Only thing about the film I liked.  

ETA - Will Smith was good but runs second to Robbie's ### on my appreciation scale. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't hate Batman v. Superman as much as most mainly because, like you, my expectations were really low. It's still a mess but there were parts of it I enjoyed like Affleck's performance and Gal Gadot's final Wonder Woman entrance. 

Suicide Squad was an absolute disaster, though. I struggled to make it to the end of that film. Thank God for all the shots of Margot Robbie's ###. Only thing about the film I liked.  

ETA - Will Smith was good but runs second to Robbie's ### on my appreciation scale. 
I would hope so

Batman can fight lots of guys. There are ways to hurt batman - he's just a dude in a suit. You can take off his mask, threaten his girl, threaten alfred, threaten ordinary citizens, burn down his company, burn down wayne manor, destroy the batmobile, make the people hate him, make him hate himself, etc. 

Superman literally can't be threatened by anything except kryptonite or domeone as strong as him. They couldn't even squeeze a whole movie out of him fighting batman, and it took batman using kryptonite to make the fight remotely interesting. Then they had to bring back another kryptonian to fight him. And have them fight with kryptonite. 

Even if you go.back to the old movies, they had to make stuff up that didn't even make sense in thrir own universe. How about a chamber where you can irreversibly get rid of your powers, but totally reversibly?  Or to save lois lane from dying in a disaster, you have to spin the earth backwards to reverse time? 

Batman is an interesting character. Superman just isn't.

Batman can fight lots of guys. There are ways to hurt batman - he's just a dude in a suit. You can take off his mask, threaten his girl, threaten alfred, threaten ordinary citizens, burn down his company, burn down wayne manor, destroy the batmobile, make the people hate him, make him hate himself, etc. 

Superman literally can't be threatened by anything except kryptonite or domeone as strong as him. They couldn't even squeeze a whole movie out of him fighting batman, and it took batman using kryptonite to make the fight remotely interesting. Then they had to bring back another kryptonian to fight him. And have them fight with kryptonite. 

Even if you go.back to the old movies, they had to make stuff up that didn't even make sense in thrir own universe. How about a chamber where you can irreversibly get rid of your powers, but totally reversibly?  Or to save lois lane from dying in a disaster, you have to spin the earth backwards to reverse time? 

Exactly.  Superman sucks

Superman is a completely broken character.  When he beat Flash in a race or even tied him...I was done with that character...even as a kid...I just could not accept that.

So...dude is so fast that even Flash can't beat him...but he has trouble with Batman?

It's just dumb...as soon as Batman wanted to fight...a milisecond later, Superman is standing over his falling corpse with his spine ripped out like the Predator.

Batman would've needed Kryptonite underoos to keep Superman from tying his balls around his neck.

Superman is a completely broken character.  When he beat Flash in a race or even tied him...I was done with that character...even as a kid...I just could not accept that.

So...dude is so fast that even Flash can't beat him...but he has trouble with Batman?

It's just dumb...as soon as Batman wanted to fight...a milisecond later, Superman is standing over his falling corpse with his spine ripped out like the Predator.

Batman would've needed Kryptonite underoos to keep Superman from tying his balls around his neck.
Yeah the entire premise was ridiculous but they still forged ahead anyway. Maybe that's why the actual fight was only a few minutes long. Everyone knew how absurd the whole thing was so why devote a lot of time to it?

And the whole reason they fought was due to a series of misunderstandings. The whole premise was asinine.
As bad as that was it was nothing compared to the plot of Suicide Squad which had a government official believing the best way to defeat a Rogue Superman invasion was a hot girl with a baseball bat. 

Saw the movie for the first time the other day and laughed out loud at the climax.

Spoiler.............

::Batman on murderous rampage, about to kill Sups::

"Wait...our moms had the same name? Ok, you're now my best buddy. Let's team up!"

Saw the movie for the first time the other day and laughed out loud at the climax.

Spoiler.............

"Wait...our moms had the same name? Ok, you're now my best buddy. Let's team up!"
uh oh you sent up the @Insein signal

uh oh you sent up the @Insein signal
:D  just read through the prior few pages.

The actual reason is just as asinine.

"YOU MUST DIE!!!!!...oh wait, you have a mom? Ok, since you now seem a little more human, you're obviously no longer a danger to humanity and will no longer destroy the earth. Those hundreds/thousands of people that died due to your careless alien fight no longer matter."

Anyone defending that 'plot twist' needs to stop. It was shoe-horned into the movie awkwardly just to give a reason to end the fight.

:D  just read through the prior few pages.

The actual reason is just as asinine.

"YOU MUST DIE!!!!!...oh wait, you have a mom? Ok, since you now seem a little more human, you're obviously no longer a danger to humanity and will no longer destroy the earth. Those hundreds/thousands of people that died due to your careless alien fight no longer matter."

Anyone defending that 'plot twist' needs to stop. It was shoe-horned into the movie awkwardly just to give a reason to end the fight.
HISHE BvS

amazed at how bad Batman v Superman was. just everything sucked (i thought). Love comic books and their stories, and then somehow they feel the need to screw it all up. Simply is amazing. Hard to find anything i liked, maybe having Negan and Maggie from Walking Dead as Bruce's parents was a funny shout out

I can't tell if you're trying to say Margot Robbie's ### or her ####.  Both were spectacular so they are kinda interchangeable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny bump. I just watched it. Far from the worst movie I have seen. I enjoyed it. I watched the extended directors cut. Not sure if that matters. Little gripes here or there but overall, solid Saturday night flick

Fantastic Four.. alright, there is a franchise that no matter how low your expectations are, they are still going to let you down.  They suck even in the context of expecting them to suck.
I finally got around to the newest Fantastic 4 after putting off because of all the hate. I actually liked it. They ####ed up the villain, but the movie moved well and the characters worked. It was fun. 

I finally got around to the newest Fantastic 4 after putting off because of all the hate. I actually liked it. They ####ed up the villain, but the movie moved well and the characters worked. It was fun. 
Were you drunk?   That film was a shmashmortion.

I still don't understand why you guys struggle with the Martha part. He didn't let him live because his mommy had the same name, he let him live because once he realized he had a mother, it humanized Superman to him. 
Right, and we often call our mom by her first name.

Yeah I thought  the trailers for both Wonder Woman and Justice League looked real good. I'm much more of a Marvel guy but I'm hoping these films don't suck. Not surprised if they do, though. Unlike Marvel there doesn't seem to be a clear, cohesive plan in place for what DC wants to do with their films. 
Most of us thought the suicide squad previews looked good.  I still haven't seen it.

the best way to defeat a Rogue Superman invasion was a hot girl with a baseball bat. 
Is this a problem?

Were you drunk?   That film was a shmashmortion.
:shrug: I enjoyed it too, but in the "let's see how bad it can get" vein.  Wouldn't watch again but didn't turn it off. 

Lego batman movie is 98% on rotten tomatoes.  Almost every review is taking an opportunity to slam this movie while praising the lego one. :lmao:

Spoiler.............

Technically that was the anticlimax, because they hadn't even introduced the real bad guy yet

Users who are viewing this thread