What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor 2022 Add comments for each week here! (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking SF at home vs SEA, and Rams with a long rest.

I'd love to get one with SF here, they strike me as a team that could be hot/cold this year

I'm thinking SF at home vs SEA, and Rams with a long rest.

I'd love to get one with SF here, they strike me as a team that could be hot/cold this year
Same thoughts. Leaning SF this week but Rams feel a bit safer. Rams have a bit more future value.

I was thinking Eagles on the road vs the Commanders or take a bit more of a risk with Seattle at home against the Falcons.

Jags defense is feisty.

A few more upsets in week 2 and the Rams almost blew it but still pulled out in the end. Another 25% or so out this week with the upsets to Cinci and Cleveland. I don't remember any year where my survivor league I'm in was this thinned out this early. Started just over 1600 picks and is now just over 400.

Moving on to week 3, I see a lot of uncertainty this week. I don't feel overly confident in a lot of them and could see either team winning in the majority of these games. So just quick glancing at the slate I have 3 games in mind but will make a decision later in the week. I'm currently leaning Chargers over Jax in LA, Cinci over Jets in NY, and KC over Indy in Indy. Chargers are my current favorite if Keenan Allen is back and also if Herbert plays is huge as well. Chargers will have the long rest and just barely lost to KC. I have more faith in them than I do the Jags.

Cinci is the risky pick as their o-line is somehow worse than last years but they have too much offensive firepower to not get it together soon. I just don't know when that is. The only other time to use Cinci would be week 9 vs the panthers.

Finally, is KC. I feel like they are my burn a good team early safe pick. Colts look like hot garbage and like the chargers, they have a long break. I'd have to find the stat but if I'm remember correctly Andy Reid has a great record coming of an extended rest. Again this would be a last resort if I cant make up my mind and burn a good team early as they get Texans and Seattle late in the year.

I'll check back sometime later this week and update who I'm going with but as of now I'm liking the order I have them listed out here.

Strong lean to Chargers at home this week. Expecting a big reality check for the jags in this one.
That would seem to be the chalk pick (assuming Herbert plays, which I think he will). But what if Jax actually is this year's surprise team? And of course, you're always taking your life into your hands when you bet on the Chargers.

Will probably go with them anyway, since I don't love the alternatives. Others I would consider:
  • KC @ Indy (would prefer to save the Chiefs)
  • LAR @ Ari (divisional road game, but Rams have been very up and down)
  • Philly @ Wash (if you're convinced Philly is for real, this should be a no-brainer)4
  • Cinci @ NYJ (would have seemed obvious in pre-season, but an 0-2 team on the road?)
  • SF @ Den (another road team, although given how the fans have turned on Hackett, do the Broncos really have a HFA?)
  • Cle vs Pitt (feels weird to even type this)
  • Minn vs Det (based on what I've seen so far, I think I want to avoid Lions games this year. Too frisky)

I'm splitting my 2 picks this week in each league I'm in. I have to put them in before kickoff tonight so I've decided to go with Chargers in one and Cinci in the other. With reports coming out that Herbert looks good throwing I feel comfortable with them. With the other I'll risk a bit and take Cinci as I don't see much better use for them than now. Especially if burrow somehow gets hurt behind that line later in the season. I'll take my chance with them. Best of luck and hopefully I'll be back next week with at least 1 league.

The Lions have scored at least 29 points in their last 3 reg season games. I'm not picking them this week but am keeping an eye on them for a sneaky pick, maybe next week when they get Seattle at home.

I submitted LAC but I can change it before Sunday. I'm getting nervous that Herbert may be limited, and also that Jax may be this year's surprise team.

Giving strong consideration to the Rams

I submitted LAC but I can change it before Sunday. I'm getting nervous that Herbert may be limited, and also that Jax may be this year's surprise team.

I would be more nervous that he takes a shot early in the game and is out for the rest of it. I have no doubt he starts but one hit and he could be done and you know the DL are going to be gunning to do just that.

Last edited:

I would be more nervous that he takes a shot early in the game and is out for the rest of it. I have now doubt he starts but one hit and he could be done and you know the DL are going to be gunning to do just that.
Tell me about it. I'm starting him in one league because how can you not, but I'm very nervous, especially with Jacksonville's pass rush

Sounding more and more likely that Herbert is either going to be extremely limited or out all together.

I’m pivoting from LAC to either Philly or CIN now

It's week 3 and there are only 3 undefeated teams, and one of them has yet to play this week.

Eagles 3-0
Dolphins 3-0
Giants 2-0

How in the F are 2 of 3 undefeated teams in the NFC East?! Insanity.

Well that report of Herbert looking good back on Wednesday was a clear lie. Sucks i had to lock in before TNF. Is what it is at least I took Cinci with my other pick. Down to my final league and its only week 4.... Largest favorite is GB which is understandable as Mac Jones may be sidelined for awhile. I don't even know who the backup is in New England, but I am currently leaning to Philly. Doug Peterson has turned that Jags team around in just 3 weeks and is coming back home to Philly, but Philly right now is hot. Hurts didn't even really run last week and the Eagles still put up a great game. I'll post back sometime before TNF to lock in my pick.

As usual good luck to the very few that are left. The 1 main league that I am left in has 285 remaining out of a start of 1,600. This is one crazy year.

Edit to add since I am only in 1 league now will post the teams I have used so far in this remaining survivor league. (Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: ? )

Well that report of Herbert looking good back on Wednesday was a clear lie. Sucks i had to lock in before TNF. Is what it is at least I took Cinci with my other pick. Down to my final league and its only week 4.... Largest favorite is GB which is understandable as Mac Jones may be sidelined for awhile. I don't even know who the backup is in New England, but I am currently leaning to Philly. Doug Peterson has turned that Jags team around in just 3 weeks and is coming back home to Philly, but Philly right now is hot. Hurts didn't even really run last week and the Eagles still put up a great game. I'll post back sometime before TNF to lock in my pick.

As usual good luck to the very few that are left. The 1 main league that I am left in has 285 remaining out of a start of 1,600. This is one crazy year.

Edit to add since I am only in 1 league now will post the teams I have used so far in this remaining survivor league. (Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: ? )
Week 4 possible: Phil, Dallas, GB

Yuck on this deadline. Why?

I think this is a classic "Don't overthink it" week. GB playing against a backup QB on a team that wasn't all that good to begin with.

Survived this week with the Bengals in the only survivor league I have left. GB seems like the obvious play for me this week. I have Philly available too but, can't believe I'm saying this, the Jags scare me right now.

GB and Philly gonna be heavy this week.

My contest will go the distance (1700 left) so I am probably gonna look at DET this week.

I think this is a classic "Don't overthink it" week. GB playing against a backup QB on a team that wasn't all that good to begin with.
Yeah, that's where I'm at too this week. Also considered DET and PHI.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too this week. Also considered DET and PHI.
It's so funny that a week ago people were talking about picking against Detroit. I've mostly decided I want to avoid them altogether in survivor pools this year. Too frisky, but also not dependable enough.

I think Philly is a decent pick, but what's nagging at me is the possibility that Jacksonville might be legit. Besides, I think there will be better weeks to use the Eagles.

Yuck on this deadline. Why?
It is this way because once the game is played you can see how many have picked that game. A few years ago a guy one because he saw the 2nd to last guy lost on a Thursday night game so played it safer on his Sunday pick. Since then all picks have to be in on Thursday before kickoff as it gives a slight advantage later in the season to see how many people lost during TNF.

This is what I went with as well. I ended up changing it right before kickoff last night to GB as it is most likely Hoyer at QB or a very stationary Mac Jones. What pushed me over the edge was the fact that it is Doug Peterson returning home and Jags aren't playing bad. I could see philly coming out flat thinking it is last years Jags team and it'll be easy while Doug will have his team ready to go for a bit of revenge. As usual best of luck and hopefully be back here Monday morning with a win.

Any last minute thoughts on who to pick this week?
GB and Chargers are big picks, but GB has future value, and everyone is on them. But probably a nice choice to hold serve.

I took some AZ actually, and I would have taken DET, but every one of their skill guys is out.

That GB game was waaayy to close for comfort and NE was on their 3rd string QB. I switched games right when Hoyer got hurt thinking it would be a blow out. No real big upsets this week and only about 8% of those remaining got eliminated with random picks.

For week 5 there are a few games I like. To keep it short Bucs are my favorite. Brady just got all his weapons back and I don't see him losing 3 in a row. Jags are my risky pick. Bills have the largest spread but I don't see a reason to use them this week and plan on saving them for later.

I'll be back to post my pick later this week as again I have to have mine in before TNF.

Used: Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: GB, W5: Bucs?

That GB game was waaayy to close for comfort and NE was on their 3rd string QB. I switched games right when Hoyer got hurt thinking it would be a blow out. No real big upsets this week and only about 8% of those remaining got eliminated with random picks.

For week 5 there are a few games I like. To keep it short Bucs are my favorite. Brady just got all his weapons back and I don't see him losing 3 in a row. Jags are my risky pick. Bills have the largest spread but I don't see a reason to use them this week and plan on saving them for later.

I'll be back to post my pick later this week as again I have to have mine in before TNF.

Used: Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: GB, W5: Bucs?
Yeah, looking at Jags and Bucs too

I locked in TB last night. If I get knocked because Brady losses 3 in a row well, it is what it is. But I have more faith in that than the Jags. Houston @ Jags is divisional matchup as well as the Bucs game but the Bucs are Super Bowl contenders while I still don't trust the Jags. If jags are for real, and if I somehow make it deep, Jags play Houston again week 16 and Jets week 15. If they are legit I'll take them then but I'm sticking with Brady to not lose 3 in a row.

Also am trying to play it safe for as long as possible seeing that the pool is so thin already at week 5. No reason to get cute yet, at least that is how I see it. Best of luck everyone

Used: Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: GB, W5: Bucs

Used: Week 1: Balt, Week 2: Rams, W3: Cinci, W4: GB, W5: Bucs

Glad I stayed with my gut and played it safe with the Bucs. Jax knocked another 30% in my league and they are who we thought they were. If I'm forced to pick them late in the year it will be from desperation.

A quick glance at week 6 is pretty rough because of the teams I already used. So far I'm looking at NE, SF, and Minny. SF would be my "safe" pick, NE is my coin flip is I don't think Cleveland is that good and will never doubt BB. My risky play for me is then Minny and this will depend on if Bridgewater plays. Sucks I hae to have my pick in before TNF and they say Bridgewater cant even practice till Thursday so it looks like I will most likely be on SF. I'll post again later in the week what I'm taking. Best of luck and hope majority of you avoided Jax this past week.

Best options among my remaining choices:
  • SF @ Atl
  • TB @ Pitt
  • LAC vs Den
Leaning SF. Feel like TB is still rounding into form and will be better later in the season, and don't trust the Chargers

Sticking with SF. Don't feel like waiting on Miami news and I feel I might be able to use New England later in the next few weeks.

Well that sucks. Upsets everywhere this past week. Over 50% got knocked out along with me so wish everyone who somehow still survived the best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread