What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor II Rosters Announced (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
As stated previously, we will be having 4 different Survivor style drafts this year. Each will have different people and different rules. The first was 10 teams for 18 rounds. This will be a 12 team draft for 20 rounds. Scoring has changed as well.FBG Invitational (Survivor II) will include 12 people from the Message Boards.Here are the people that have been invited to play. It includes the Top 5 finishers from last years and 7 new drafters. In fact that will be how we run it going forward. If you finish as a Top 5 finisher, you retain your spot. Else you go to the back of the line.Last year first prize was worth $250. This year it will be worth $500 and bragging rights in a very competitive league. We also will give a Top 100 Message Board number to the Winner.Here are the 12 that will be playing this year:Gatorman - 1st Place in 2002 Cobalt Cruisin' - 2nd Place in 2002BassNBrew - 3rd Place in 2002buenodeoro - 4th Place in 2002purplehaze67 - 5th Place in 2002LHUCKS - Newsmlevin - New GregR - New Aaronr28 - New RepsIpsaLoquitur - New bostonfred - New sandbagger - Newand now onto the rules:- 20 rounds of drafting- No trading of picks- No trading of players- No free agent pick ups- Serpentine drafting.- No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.Player Scoring:Passing/Rushing/Receiving TDs = 6 pts1 pt per 25 yards passing (.04 pts per yard passing)1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving (.10 pts per yard rushing/receiving)-2 pts per interception thrownWR Receptions = 1 pointTE Receptions = 2 pointsKicker Scoring (only can score on FG or EP)3 pts per FG less than 40 yards5 points per FG 40 yards or more1 pt per EPDefense Scoring:Points Allowed0 = 10 points1-6 = 5 points7-13 = 3 point14+ = 0 pointsTotal Yards Allowed0-199 = 10 points200-249 = 5 points250-299 = 3 point300+ = 0 pointsSack = 1 pointINT/Fumble Recovery = 2 pointsSafety = 2 pointsTD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, interception, fumble recovery,blocked punt/FG return)Low Score each week for first 6 weeks is booted off. High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week. Once there are 6 teams left, there will be no more amnesty. For weeks 7-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks. A cash prize of $500 will be given to the winner. If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.Scores will be calculated to two decimal places Should a dispute arise, Joe Bryant will act as the league commish. His decision is final.--------------------------------------------------------------If you decide to play, please post that you accept the invitation. Should someone not be able to play, FBG will select an alternate. Also start thinking about times you can draft. We would like the draft to happen within 3-7 days and the 20 rounds (+ commentary) posted before August 1st (so everyone can view all of the teams)Just like Survivor I, we are asking that each pick the following be provided:- Player Positives- Player Negatives- Draft StrategyThese writeups will be due as follows:First 10 picks are due 5 days after draftSecond 10 picks are due 10 days after draft.Once we have everyone confirmed, we will send out more guidance regarding the writeups, draft slot and draft time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm flattered to have been invited. :D I look forward to the challenge. I better not take two TE's in the first 8!One question whose answer can wait... do we have access to last year's drafts?

Last year I get a check for 250, and now it's 500. Works for me. I'm in. I can draft any night but tuesdays, preferebly after 8:30 EDT, but that's not a dealbreaker (kids to bed).GatorWhat happenned to Unlucky and his Bottom of the barrel RB selections.I'll also miss wade's QBBC and Lack of Kicker.

One question whose answer can wait... do we have access to last year's drafts?
Scoring changed. Besides, If you want to learn how I draft, I'll need to see a few of your drafts too.

Scoring changed. Besides, If you want to learn how I draft, I'll need to see a few of your drafts too.
Fair enough, I'll email you my survivor teams from last year :D I'm not sure how taking a look at last year's drafts is an advantage for the new guys since,a) we all know what we're doing b) drafts change significantly year to yearc) seven of us are newd) scoring has changedWhy do I want to see them? Because although there are only five of you left, you may have a tendency to run on positions at about the same time as you did last year(not quite collusion, but you get the point). Since the five originals have this info., it only makes sense that the rest of us have it also. I can assure you that how any individual team drafted last year will have no influence on my draft this year, position runs however may.(of course I'd have to take into account scoring differences)I'm not demanding the info., but I do think it will level the playing field.

Last year we had a running back run (surprise, surprise), but 2 owners went stud WR. Their RBs were, in a word, funny. They are no longer here.One guy went QBBC, not drafting a QB until the 10th round (he's no longer here)I Got Ladanian at 1.10. Cobalt (who finished 2nd) got holmes with the 5th pick.That's about all I can remember.GatorPS. I was kidding about your drafts. We had a lot of fun last year with the draft and ribbing each other during commentary.

PS. I was kidding about your drafts. We had a lot of fun last year with the draft and ribbing each other during commentary.
-And I was being sarcastic about actually sending you my drafts. :P -I'm most concerned about the runs in rounds 3 through 12.-You mean the stud WR doesn't work :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
you couldn't have taken the top 6????It's a conspiracy. I knew you guys didn't like me! :angry: ;) good luck fellas. don't draft like i did last year.

Why do I want to see them? Because although there are only five of you left, you may have a tendency to run on positions at about the same time as you did last year(not quite collusion, but you get the point). Since the five originals have this info., it only makes sense that the rest of us have it also.
As one of the five originals, I can aassure you that I no longer have his info. We drafted on MFL, but didn't run the league there, so I don't think they retained our draft report (at least I couldn't find it with a cursory search).Oh, yeah - I'm in for 2003. Bad nights for me are 7/10, 7/19, 7/22, 7/24, 7/30, and I'll have very limited net access this weekend.thanksRob

As stated previously, we will be having 4 different Survivor style drafts this year. Each will have different people and different rules. The first was 10 teams for 18 rounds. This will be a 12 team draft for 20 rounds. Scoring has changed as well.FBG Invitational (Survivor II) will include 12 people from the Message Boards.Here are the people that have been invited to play. It includes the Top 5 finishers from last years and 7 new drafters. In fact that will be how we run it going forward. If you finish as a Top 5 finisher, you retain your spot. Else you go to the back of the line.Last year first prize was worth $250. This year it will be worth $500 and bragging rights in a very competitive league. We also will give a Top 100 Message Board number to the Winner.Here are the 12 that will be playing this year:Gatorman - 1st Place in 2002 Cobalt Cruisin' - 2nd Place in 2002BassNBrew - 3rd Place in 2002buenodeoro - 4th Place in 2002purplehaze67 - 5th Place in 2002LHUCKS - Newsmlevin - New GregR - New Aaronr28 - New RepsIpsaLoquitur - New bostonfred - New sandbagger - Newand now onto the rules:- 20 rounds of drafting- No trading of picks- No trading of players- No free agent pick ups- Serpentine drafting.- No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.Player Scoring:Passing/Rushing/Receiving TDs = 6 pts1 pt per 25 yards passing (.04 pts per yard passing)1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving (.10 pts per yard rushing/receiving)-2 pts per interception thrownWR Receptions = 1 pointTE Receptions = 2 pointsKicker Scoring (only can score on FG or EP)3 pts per FG less than 40 yards5 points per FG 40 yards or more1 pt per EPDefense Scoring:Points Allowed0 = 10 points1-6 = 5 points7-13 = 3 point14+ = 0 pointsTotal Yards Allowed0-199 = 10 points200-249 = 5 points250-299 = 3 point300+ = 0 pointsSack = 1 pointINT/Fumble Recovery = 2 pointsSafety = 2 pointsTD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, interception, fumble recovery,blocked punt/FG return)Low Score each week for first 6 weeks is booted off. High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week. Once there are 6 teams left, there will be no more amnesty. For weeks 7-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks. A cash prize of $500 will be given to the winner. If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.Scores will be calculated to two decimal places Should a dispute arise, Joe Bryant will act as the league commish. His decision is final.--------------------------------------------------------------If you decide to play, please post that you accept the invitation. Should someone not be able to play, FBG will select an alternate. Also start thinking about times you can draft. We would like the draft to happen within 3-7 days and the 20 rounds (+ commentary) posted before August 1st (so everyone can view all of the teams)Just like Survivor I, we are asking that each pick the following be provided:- Player Positives- Player Negatives- Draft StrategyThese writeups will be due as follows:First 9 picks are due 5 days after draftSecond 9 picks are due 10 days after draft.Once we have everyone confirmed, we will send out more guidance regarding the writeups, draft slot and draft time.
:hot: :rant:

Bass is back and better then ever. Anyone wanting to luck at last year's info, here it is. Survivor2 The fact that the newbies couldn't find it bodes well for those of us returning.

P.S. I never did get my shirt from last year.

P.S. I never did get my shirt from last year.
Bass,Write Joe a note as we are reordering shirts within the next few weeks. We will make sure you get yours. Same with anyone else from last year's Survivor.

I guess I really pissed in the boss's cornflakes, huh? I don't even get invited to this party after I mopped the truckstop bathroom floor with all the bigshots last season.

geez, how do you get into something easy like this?
Let's look at the zippy quality posts here in this thread and see if it has enhanced this thread in any way.1st post. Ten words, one sentence. Even manages to use a comma. Mainly trying to insite a discussion to the qualifications around here. Grade D

Next

go away wood.
A three word post, mainly to degrade a FBG member and frequent poster Mr. Wood. Shame on you zippy. Don't bash a guy for calling you a post padder, no matter how feminine his boy band looking avatar is. Grade FContinuing:

like that load of junk flex article.

let me see if i can come up with something.
Two things here, boys and girls. First, notice how Zippy uses two posts here. The first one for Wood, and then a separate post for me. If he combined these two, he would lose an extra post. Next, the content of the extra post. Zippy degrades my article to prop himself up. 17 words here and 2 sentences. Zippy must be tired after all that typing. Grade BFinally:

yeah, or one of the religion circle jerk debates.
Again, using a seperate post to answer Joe T. 9 words. A dig on the religious zealots in the FFA. GradeCTotals: 4 posts, 39 words, zero content. Let's give zippy a round of applause.

Gator

PS. I think it is funnier to see how Kid Chinzilla has gone from finishing first in Survivor I to being asked to do the Survivor: Monkey Dart throwing division.

(Please note, all of the above posts were done in good natured fun, and is in no way intended to circumvent the Maxwell filters already in place. Thank you for your attention on this matter)

this survivor ii draft should be really interesting to see how it unfolds. i hope to gain some valuable information to use in the upcoming survivor drafts that i will be participating in. these are $ leagues so i really hope i learn something here.because of fbg i have been able to beat my league mates into submission multiple times. last year i followed the strategy used by gator almost verbatim to crush my survivor opponents.thanks for all you guys do.looking forward to some insightful picks and critique (as long as it isn't too critical) of this draft.the guys in the first one were good, but i expect much more from version 2.

Posted by Zippy:this survivor ii draft should be really interesting to see how it unfolds. i hope to gain some valuable information to use in the upcoming survivor drafts that i will be participating in. these are $ leagues so i really hope i learn something here.because of fbg i have been able to beat my league mates into submission multiple times. last year i followed the strategy used by gator almost verbatim to crush my survivor opponents.thanks for all you guys do.looking forward to some insightful picks and critique (as long as it isn't too critical) of this draft.the guys in the first one were good, but i expect much more from version 2.
It's amazing what a little electro shock therapy can do for a person's outlook :)Cheers

gator, why did you find it necessary to personally attack me when i asked a simple question about the entry qualifications to this endeavor?

this survivor ii draft should be really interesting to see how it unfolds. i hope to gain some valuable information to use in the upcoming survivor drafts that i will be participating in. these are $ leagues so i really hope i learn something here.because of fbg i have been able to beat my league mates into submission multiple times. last year i followed the strategy used by gator almost verbatim to crush my survivor opponents.thanks for all you guys do.looking forward to some insightful picks and critique (as long as it isn't too critical) of this draft.the guys in the first one were good, but i expect much more from version 2.
LOFL... this guy feels left out now: :rolleyes: .

:rotflmao: :laughingasItypethis: Please do not circumvent the sarcasm filter.
gator, why did you find it necessary to personally attack me when i asked a simple question about the entry qualifications to this endeavor?
Because sometimes we hurt those we care about. :wub: :wub: :X

I guess I really pissed in the boss's cornflakes, huh? I don't even get invited to this party after I mopped the truckstop bathroom floor with all the bigshots last season.
I AM NOT KID C :thumbup: maybe you should have written a flex article rather than AVT. :confused:

wow, after look at last year's teams, how did Cracker not make the top 5 and how did Gatorman win it all?
My team was a middle of the pack team the whole way. I don't think I won a week until the end. I got very lucky that the week Favre went on a bye spurrier put matthews back into the starting lineup. Also, Between A thomas and J Stewart I had just enough RB2 to be successful. Add to that the Holmes injury just as we got to the last 2 weeks and BINGO, S2 champion.GatorPS: Cracker was one of those who had the misfortune of a bad week. That will kill you in this format.

wow, after look at last year's teams, how did Cracker not make the top 5 and how did Gatorman win it all?
in a survivor format you don't have to have the best team every week, just not the worst.one bad week can destroy you and unfortunately that is what happened to cracker.i just love watching these guys duke it out. their knowledge and skill is unbelievable.my money is on gator to repeat because the others just don't seem to have what it takes.i will be watching intently though, since i hope to duplicate the winning strategies i learn here.

You make QUALITY posts. Not quantity.Thanks again,Gator
This just cries out for an emoticon that shows a guy patting himself on the back. Or better yet one that shows a guy with a ruler next to his crotch area. :P

Wow. Had to do a double take when I saw that my name was listed there.I'm definitely in.Thanks for the consideration.I'm out of town this weekend but starting Monday night I'm clear in the evenings-night PST.Should be fun. :thumbup:

I'm in. :boxing: Only drawback is my current working hours. I get up at 2:30 am CST :sleep: and a late nite draft is next to impossible for me. Any chance of a Friday nite or Saturday morning draft? :thumbup: CC

Dodds should have decided who to invite back based on the quality of commentary, not based on final standings. My writeups last year, despite numerous factual inaccuracies, were praised by Maurile as "among the best." To everyone involved this year, try to write some commentary that doesn't suck. And good luck.

Dodds should have decided who to invite back based on the quality of commentary, not based on final standings. My writeups last year, despite numerous factual inaccuracies, were praised by Maurile as "among the best." To everyone involved this year, try to write some commentary that doesn't suck. And good luck.
I agree that your commentary was exceptional. It was a good smack-filled group last year. We are all hoping for the same this season.

:( Maybe I can do the write ups for someone else's draft this year. Please?For the new guys - I was first to exit last year (after going Harrison, Garcia - why, shiny, WHY?) In order to keep involved, and because I've got a huge ego, I lobbied hard to institute the euphemism "he's now sharing a beer with shining path", meaning you just got booted. Keep it going this year!

Bass,Write Joe a note as we are reordering shirts within the next few weeks. We will make sure you get yours. Same with anyone else from last year's Survivor.
Shirts? We get shirts? I didn't get one either! Or was it just for first and second place?

in a survivor format you don't have to have the best team every week, just not the worst.one bad week can destroy you and unfortunately that is what happened to cracker.i just love watching these guys duke it out. their knowledge and skill is unbelievable.my money is on gator to repeat because the others just don't seem to have what it takes.i will be watching intently though, since i hope to duplicate the winning strategies i learn here.
Note to self: 7 of 12 2003 Survivor 2 members are in No Mercy. 3 No Mercy members got automatic bids from last year.3 of those 8 are ranked higher than Zippy or cracKers. The other 5 are No Mercy Newbies (who may be ranked higher than Zippy or cracKers next year - even Gatorman). Evolution works!

Note to self: 7 of 12 2003 Survivor 2 members are in No Mercy. 3 No Mercy members got automatic bids from last year.3 of those 8 are ranked higher than Zippy or cracKers. The other 5 are No Mercy Newbies (who may be ranked higher than Zippy or cracKers next year - even Gatorman). Evolution works!
It was almost 6 of 12..... :D ; Hope the move went okay....Anyhoo, I did enjoy the group from last year, and hope that the newbies will be as much fun as the last group.It will alway be "Sharing a beer with Shinning Path" in my book (although I hope to do the Beer at the end of the year dance).I also did not get a shirt.....Gator

How does one snag one of these invites? is it the amount of quality posts that people put into the Shark Pool or some other standard? Perhaps there should be a rival "Survivor - Outcasts" for those that didn't get the invote but still want a piece.

How does one snag one of these invites? is it the amount of quality posts that people put into the Shark Pool or some other standard? Perhaps there should be a rival "Survivor - Outcasts" for those that didn't get the invote but still want a piece.
Go check out the dating game. Twilight is filling out the 16 team message board survivor leagues and look for additional owners. Just don't get involved in MBSL1 as I'm in that league and you'll be doomed to defeat.I'll miss Wade in this league's draft. It was great sitting in spot 11 and drafting to force his hand in another direction. It was great knowing his tendencies (QBBC) and drafting accordingly.

:rant: My team was stacked. I was actually talkin' smack here on the board the week that I got booted. I was shocked, but my team really stunk it up that week, early in the season too.FBG realized that I should've won and invited me into Suvivor I this year :thumbup: (at least that's the way I see it)

yea, i'd love to get in this somehow

:rant: My team was stacked. I was actually talkin' smack here on the board the week that I got booted. I was shocked, but my team really stunk it up that week, early in the season too.FBG realized that I should've won and invited me into Suvivor I this year :thumbup: (at least that's the way I see it)
cracKer Pick Pos Name Team 1.07 RB Ricky Williams Mia - great pick2.06 RB Deuce McAllister NO - great pick3.07 WR Jimmy Smith Jac - bad pick4.06 RB Garrison Hearst SF - ok pick, but didn't add much with RW and LT in the fold5.07 TE Tony Gonzalez KC - failed to meet expectations6.06 QB Trent Green KC - ok pick, got hurt I think and had bad weeks7.07 QB Michael Vick Atl - very good pick but ran up against Tampa8.06 WR Koren Robinson Sea - great pick9.07 RB Olandis Gary Den - worthless10.06 WR Derrick Alexander Min - virtually worthless11.07 WR Donte' Stallworth NO - good pick, but missed too much time12.06 Def Chicago Bears Chi - wasted pick13.07 WR Corey Bradford Hou - worthless14.06 WR Jacquez Green Was - worthless15.07 TE Stephen Alexander SD - ok pick16.06 PK Joe Nedney Ten - ok pick17.07 PK Jeff Chandler SF - worthless18.06 WR Frank Sanders Ari - worthlessWhile you made some great picks, you sure fired a lot of blanks. Much like your performance in this year's Survivor draft, you squander a great start out of the gates. You sure spotted a lot of points at the WR position.Of course this lineup proves that blind squirrels occasionally find nuts...Gatorman Pick Pos Name Team 1.10 RB Ladainian Tomlinson SD 2.03 RB Anthony Thomas Chi 3.10 QB Brett Favre GB 4.03 WR Terry Glenn GB 5.10 RB James Stewart Det 6.03 WR Amani Toomer NYG 7.10 TE Byron Chamberlain Min 8.03 WR Travis Taylor Bal 9.10 RB Troy Hambrick Dal 10.03 Def Pittsburgh Steelers Pit 11.10 QB Vinny Testaverde NYJ 12.03 QB Shane Matthews Was 13.10 WR Wayne Chrebet NYJ 14.03 Def Miami Dolphins Mia 15.10 PK Olindo Mare Mia 16.03 TE Ernie Conwell StL 17.10 PK Morten Andersen KC 18.03 WR Oronde Gadsden Mia

Users who are viewing this thread