What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Episode Twelve - 4 IN A ROW! Also Liz Pooped. (6 Viewers)

In a night full of surprises, the biggest surprise to me was that Charlie isn't gay. Maybe he mentioned a gf in the past and I missed it, but for some reason I just thought he was gay.

Nobody knows how to play idols anymore. They should just fill the jungle with idols or issue them as they arrive at camp or after challenges. "Want to know what you're playing for? this, is an unhidden immunity idol." ooooooooh, can't wait to tell everyone I have one!

Charlie caught a real lucky break. I want to see Maria and Charlie in the final 3. I think the vote tally would be interesting.

A good episode for Kenzie. Lots of people (Venus) would hold a grudge if someone they thought was a friend wrote their name down.

Speaking of Ben, does anyone else feel like he's having withdrawal symptoms of some sort? puff puff

Unreal that they thought Liz and Kenzie would go with keeping Q.
This was the most shocking thing to me. I was sure Maria told Q to play his idol. The vitriol they showed towards him all season should have made it evident they weren't going to vote out their buddy Charlie for someone they can't stand in Q.
I think I heard her tell him he's good and he'll be here tomorrow, which made him think the girls were voting Charlie.

Part of me thinks she did that on purpose as she knew Kenzie, Ben and Liz were locked on voting for Q. If she wanted Q to stay she would have then definitely told him to play his idol and Charlie would go home. Curious that she didn't tell Q to play his idol. She still voted for Charlie (knowing Charlie would not go home) to show Q she didn't lie to him. She wants his vote at final TC. I don't remember her acting all surprised that Q was blindsided.

Of course the editing shows us what they want us to see, so who really knows. But Q seemed comfortable keeping the idol in his pocket, and Maria was able to flush Q's idol without lying to him and possibly losing his vote at final TC.

Apparently the only other time they've shown every vote being cast, so we knew the count before Jeff got the urn, was way back in the Micronesia season when Erik gave up his necklace to Natalie (in the Parvati/Cirie alliance) then got himself voted out. Since the real drama wasn't in the votes but in how the immunity would play out.

Nobody knows how to play idols anymore. They should just fill the jungle with idols or issue them as they arrive at camp or after challenges. "Want to know what you're playing for? this, is an unhidden immunity idol." ooooooooh, can't wait to tell everyone I have one!

Charlie caught a real lucky break. I want to see Maria and Charlie in the final 3. I think the vote tally would be interesting.

A good episode for Kenzie. Lots of people (Venus) would hold a grudge if someone they thought was a friend wrote their name down.

Speaking of Ben, does anyone else feel like he's having withdrawal symptoms of some sort? puff puff
Charlie was super lucky. Even Maria made an awful assumption that Charlie would never turn on her. As I said above, it’s been a lot of bad play and we saw it again last night. Q not playing his idol/telling Maria he had the idol, Maria assuming Charlie would just let her float to the end and Charlie telling Maria he wanted to get rid of Q.

The last one by Charlie was the worst. His reasoning made no sense. He would have a 4-1 advantage and Maria gets to the final 4 by winning immunity only. Did Charlie think Ben, Kenzie and Liz would somehow think Maria’s not a threat anymore and let him work with Maria? There’s no way for Charlie to save face with Maria by getting rid of Q. I just can’t think of anything that would have worked and allowed him to go to the final 3 with Q and Maria. He just got damn lucky that Maria didn’t think he had it in him.

I can't recall someone accidentally writing down someone else's name, especially not the person who holds your hand as you have a night terror. Good on you Kenzie for continuing to help the guy who voted for you.
Kenzie is a top 10 all time Survivor for me. I would definitely have a beer with her.
She seems like a genuinely nice and caring person. She's been one of my favorites from day one.

This was the most shocking thing to me. I was sure Maria told Q to play his idol. The vitriol they showed towards him all season should have made it evident they weren't going to vote out their buddy Charlie for someone they can't stand in Q.
I think I heard her tell him he's good and he'll be here tomorrow, which made him think the girls were voting Charlie.

Part of me thinks she did that on purpose as she knew Kenzie, Ben and Liz were locked on voting for Q. If she wanted Q to stay she would have then definitely told him to play his idol and Charlie would go home. Curious that she didn't tell Q to play his idol. She still voted for Charlie (knowing Charlie would not go home) to show Q she didn't lie to him. She wants his vote at final TC. I don't remember her acting all surprised that Q was blindsided.

Of course the editing shows us what they want us to see, so who really knows. But Q seemed comfortable keeping the idol in his pocket, and Maria was able to flush Q's idol without lying to him and possibly losing his vote at final TC.
I thought Maria did looked shocked. She told Q not to play it and even went on about how Charlie would never flip on her. No chance she would risk getting to the final just to have Q’s vote on the jury. If Q plays his idol, Maria and Q get rid of Charlie. Now, Maria is still the biggest threat and she’s down 4-1 meaning she has to win immunity.

Charlie was super lucky. Even Maria made an awful assumption that Charlie would never turn on her. As I said above, it’s been a lot of bad play and we saw it again last night. Q not playing his idol/telling Maria he had the idol, Maria assuming Charlie would just let her float to the end and Charlie telling Maria he wanted to get rid of Q.

The last one by Charlie was the worst. His reasoning made no sense. He would have a 4-1 advantage and Maria gets to the final 4 by winning immunity only. Did Charlie think Ben, Kenzie and Liz would somehow think Maria’s not a threat anymore and let him work with Maria? There’s no way for Charlie to save face with Maria by getting rid of Q. I just can’t think of anything that would have worked and allowed him to go to the final 3 with Q and Maria. He just got damn lucky that Maria didn’t think he had it in him.
Agree that Charlie was at the mercy of Maria last night. With the knowledge Maria had by what the girls told her, she held the cards on whether it was Q or Charlie that went home. She should have told Q to play his idol, at least to flush it, and get rid of Charlie. If she didn't tell Q to play his idol, I really believe it was a calculated move that may be explained at the final. Or, it was a huge blunder on her part to allow Charlie to stay and challenge her in last two challenges. Just doesn't seem like her as she's played a smart game so far.

I thought Maria did looked shocked. She told Q not to play it and even went on about how Charlie would never flip on her. No chance she would risk getting to the final just to have Q’s vote on the jury. If Q plays his idol, Maria and Q get rid of Charlie. Now, Maria is still the biggest threat and she’s down 4-1 meaning she has to win immunity.
I hear ya, and agree that she probably needs to win both challenges. I just can't get past the fact that she told Q he was fine instead of telling him to play his idol. Even if she knew he was fine, she is not dumb enough to allow him to keep his idol for the next TC... unless, she wants to take him to final 3 knowing everyone dislikes him.

But, allowing him to keep his idol could backfire on her if she doesn't win the IC. If, say, Ben, won the IC... Q could just show everyone his idol and they would default to Maria. I can't believe Maria would just allow Q to keep his idol (last night).

I hear ya, and agree that she probably needs to win both challenges. I just can't get past the fact that she told Q he was fine instead of telling him to play his idol. Even if she knew he was fine, she is not dumb enough to allow him to keep his idol for the next TC... unless, she wants to take him to final 3 knowing everyone dislikes him.

But, allowing him to keep his idol could backfire on her if she doesn't win the IC. If, say, Ben, won the IC... Q could just show everyone his idol and they would default to Maria. I can't believe Maria would just allow Q to keep his idol (last night).
She absolutely was planning to bring him to the end as a goat and a see what I did, I brought the most hated guy to the end. She even remarked that she was happy that he said he would use it on her so she wanted to keep his idol in play for next week since she had the immunity necklace.

If Q and Liz weren’t so messed up, they would have let their tribes stay in power longer. The fact that Maria, Charlie and Ben were still around with 2 goats and Kenzie speaks more to the other two tribes internal squabbling than to Maria being amazing. I think you are giving her too much credit. She literally said Charlie would never turn on her so I think she didn’t even give it a moments thought that he would rally Kenzie, Liz and Ben against her and Q.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Maria made a big mistake and assumed she and Q were good. I don’t think she was Ok with Q going home with the idol at all because that would mean she’s Ok with it being 4-1 against her in the final 5.

No way. She was blindsided. She thought she had the numbers, and so did Q, The look on her face and tribal is because she exposed her vote and Charlie knows it now.

She absolutely was planning to bring him to the end as a goat and a see what I did, I brought the most hated guy to the end. She even remarked that she was happy that he said he would use it on her so she wanted to keep his idol in play for next week since she had the immunity necklace.

If Q and Liz weren’t so messed up, they would have let their tribes stay in power longer. The fact that Maria, Charlie and Ben were still around with 2 goats and Kenzie speaks more to the other two tribes internal squabbling than to Maria being amazing. I think you are giving her too much credit. She literally said Charlie would never turn on her so I think she didn’t even give it a moments thought that he would rally Kenzie, Liz and Ben against her and Q.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Maria made a big mistake and assumed she and Q were good. I don’t think she was Ok with Q going home with the idol at all because that would mean she’s Ok with it being 4-1 against her in the final 5.
I agree. She made a huge blunder. She misjudged Liz and Kenzie. And from the editing, I am not sure why she would think that they would go along with her. She knew Charlie and Ben were voting Q, and she thought she had a block of 4 to vote off Charlie. I think the game has gone so easily for her up to this point, that she got a lot overconfident.

If she was going next level, she should have voted Q. Had him play the idol and vote Charlie. Then she’s guaranteed Charlie’s vote. I think Maria made her first mistake. It all comes down to who wins immunity. Kenzie Liz and Ben must eliminate the other two to have a shot. If either Maria or Charlie make it to the end, they win.

If she was going next level, she should have voted Q. Had him play the idol and vote Charlie. Then she’s guaranteed Charlie’s vote. I think Maria made her first mistake. It all comes down to who wins immunity. Kenzie Liz and Ben must eliminate the other two to have a shot. If either Maria or Charlie make it to the end, they win.
Charlie won't take Maria. Ideally, he would like her to leave at final 4 (buffer). But if he wins the next immunity, I don't think he hesitates in voting her out. He is aware that she cut bait on him, and it's a strong move to eliminate her.

Everyone on this island except Charlie and Maria are either intellectually dumb, emotionally dumb, or both. And even Maria and Charlie only seem bright in comparison to the rest. Alternately, they are all outstanding poker faces.

FOUR IN A ROW

Unbelievable. How can you possibly think Liz is ever going to be on your side?
Then, as Liz AND as Charlie, how can you possibly NOT want to go to the end with Q??????????

Charlie won't take Maria. Ideally, he would like her to leave at final 4 (buffer). But if he wins the next immunity, I don't think he hesitates in voting her out. He is aware that she cut bait on him, and it's a strong move to eliminate her.
Charlie OR Maria. Charlie can not win if he is there with Maria. He knows this. Kenzies only shot is if neither of them are there. The idol search should be interesting.

Charlie OR Maria. Charlie can not win if he is there with Maria. He knows this. Kenzies only shot is if neither of them are there. The idol search should be interesting.

Disagree on the bolded. He could simply say "we did everything together prior to the Q vote, and you were on the wrong side of that vote"
Agree. Her alliance with Q really put her in a bad place with literally everyone else on the tribe. I think she greatly underestimated how much they can’t stand him. I think Charlie would beat Maria, but I don’t think either wants the other in the final 3.

I agree. She made a huge blunder. She misjudged Liz and Kenzie. And from the editing, I am not sure why she would think that they would go along with her. She knew Charlie and Ben were voting Q, and she thought she had a block of 4 to vote off Charlie. I think the game has gone so easily for her up to this point, that she got a lot overconfident.
100% agree. The game has been way too easy for Charlie and Maria. They haven’t exactly been killing it game wise, but the people around them were in fighting so much for stupid drama that no one seemed to care when Maria, Charlie and Ben were a majority. Tiff was the only person who even though of Maria but even then she couldn’t just keep it together with Q and Kenzie and she couldn’t read the chatter and play her idol.

It’s just comical that as of last night Maria and Charlie were finally really talked about as threats when Venus and Q were still around.

Disagree on the bolded. He could simply say "we did everything together prior to the Q vote, and you were on the wrong side of that vote"

Yeah between last night's move on Q hanging Maria out to dry, and, last week's "state your case and then roshambo each other for my favor" fiasco, Charlie's game is now clearly separate from hers.

Everyone likes Charlie
Yep and Maria F'd up big time. She was right to target Charlie but completely wrong to tell Q he was safe. Worst case is she tells Q to play the idol and he doesn't need to. Once Charlie told her the plan to vote Q she should've immediately told Q to play the idol. I really want to hear her reasoning behind her reassuring Q he was ok.

BTW blindside is thrown out there way too often. Q wasn't blindsided. Everyone besides Maria hated him and his name had been mentioned for weeks. He was the logically choice to be voted out so that's not a blindside.
Well except he really thought he wasn't going home, so if we mean it like "unexpected vote out" it kinda wise.

I agree that it's overused. it used to be like "had no idea they were even an option or potential risk" not "I know 1-2 will vote me but I'm definitely safe oh wait noooooo"

Everyone likes Charlie
Yep and Maria F'd up big time. She was right to target Charlie but completely wrong to tell Q he was safe. Worst case is she tells Q to play the idol and he doesn't need to. Once Charlie told her the plan to vote Q she should've immediately told Q to play the idol. I really want to hear her reasoning behind her reassuring Q he was ok.
Only reason that I can come up with is that Maria thought he would play the idol for her next time

Which was BS

Last edited:
Everyone likes Charlie

It's a play that's been missed several times this season, and, overall happens a couple of times a year. Maria just has to say to Q, "For my game, I can't be seen as crossing Charlie yet, and I've heard your name out there. So I have to vote with him against you. Play your dang idol."

Could have happened a few weeks ago, just stand up at tribal and demand the player play the idol... "We all voted against you to flush it, myself included. But I want to save you. Play the dang thing."

Maria's real problem is that she (correctly) trusted her alliance mate, Charlie, but for the play to work, she also has to have full faith in Kenzie and Liz... and we've seen nothing to suggest she should have believed them this much.

Everyone likes Charlie
Not only should she have told him that he needs to play it, she also told him that she would also be voting for him to hide the fact that they have a final 3 alliance. He plays the idol and looks good taking Charlie out on his own.

Maria would still have Q as a buffer for next week, and she would have the biggest threat to beat her in immunity challenges gone from the game.

Everyone likes Charlie
Not only should she have told him that he needs to play it, she also told him that she would also be voting for him to hide the fact that they have a final 3 alliance. He plays the idol and looks good taking Charlie out on his own.

Maria would still have Q as a buffer for next week, and she would have the biggest threat to beat her in immunity challenges gone from the game.
I'm assuming she didn't want this. I know she could say to the jury that she really was working with Q, but she wanted to be SEEN as the one to get Charlie out.

Lolz. Dummies
This is the dumbest cast ever. WTF did Charlie tell Maria anything? He almost got Q suspicious. Maria just happened to think Charlie could never blindside her (Q was her only ally).

I think the game has come down to the final 5 immunity. If Maria wins, she’s the favorite and Charlie goes. If Maria doesn’t, she’s gone and Charlie’s the favorite. Yes, there is a chance with fire that the final 3 is Kenzie (she wins), Liz and Ben, but game wise, it’s if Maria wins immunity or the field wins.

Again, the mental instability and delusions of grandeur are way stronger in this cast than I ever remember.
Gabon (17). Which included someone obsessed with elephant dung, someone so offputting that they got voted out before the person obsessed with elephant dung, someone who up and disappeared not long before tribal, an Olympic athlete who was terrible at challenges, someone who told someone else that they were planning to vote for them, two of the most misanthropic people to ever play, and a majority alliance so arrogant that they couldn’t conceive they would be flipped on (and they were).

Apparently the only other time they've shown every vote being cast, so we knew the count before Jeff got the urn, was way back in the Micronesia season when Erik gave up his necklace to Natalie (in the Parvati/Cirie alliance) then got himself voted out. Since the real drama wasn't in the votes but in how the immunity would play out.
I don’t think they showed every vote, but they did reveal that the majority of votes at F7 of 45 were for Julie, so the only drama was whether she was going to play her idol like Dee told her to.

I don’t necessarily agree with this.

“Charlie can’t win if he is there with Maria” was true after the Tiffany blindside, but it may not be anymore. Maria pissed off a lot of people with how she handled the reward decision and has also drawn ire for making the hated Q her puppet. And this is going to be a very emotional jury.

Also for those reasons, I can see the jury voting for Kenzie over Maria, because she’s more likable and hasn’t pissed anyone off.

I don’t necessarily agree with this.

“Charlie can’t win if he is there with Maria” was true after the Tiffany blindside, but it may not be anymore. Maria pissed off a lot of people with how she handled the reward decision and has also drawn ire for making the hated Q her puppet. And this is going to be a very emotional jury.

Also for those reasons, I can see the jury voting for Kenzie over Maria, because she’s more likable and hasn’t pissed anyone off.
I can see this happening as well. She really just misjudged everyone's feelings towards Q. Kenzie has gotten a lot of attention this year, and it wouldn't surprise me at this point if we are looking at a winner's edit. Ben and Liz just can't win, I think Ben's only chance was if Q somehow made it to the final 3 with those 2.

Lolz. Dummies
This is the dumbest cast ever. WTF did Charlie tell Maria anything? He almost got Q suspicious. Maria just happened to think Charlie could never blindside her (Q was her only ally).

I think the game has come down to the final 5 immunity. If Maria wins, she’s the favorite and Charlie goes. If Maria doesn’t, she’s gone and Charlie’s the favorite. Yes, there is a chance with fire that the final 3 is Kenzie (she wins), Liz and Ben, but game wise, it’s if Maria wins immunity or the field wins.

Again, the mental instability and delusions of grandeur are way stronger in this cast than I ever remember.
Gabon (17). Which included someone obsessed with elephant dung, someone so offputting that they got voted out before the person obsessed with elephant dung, someone who up and disappeared not long before tribal, an Olympic athlete who was terrible at challenges, someone who told someone else that they were planning to vote for them, two of the most misanthropic people to ever play, and a majority alliance so arrogant that they couldn’t conceive they would be flipped on (and they were).
Lol, not sure I remember that one, but it sounds like this season except Jess ate ants instead of dung.

really want to hear her reasoning behind her reassuring Q he was ok.
Because she truly thought Q was safe and wanted him to save the idol for the next tribal to use on her or Q (who she wanted to drag to the end with her as a goat)
She was stupid to believe that. How does she not know that kenzie and especially Liz hates Q. That's her ego thinking she had more influence over Kenzie/Liz than Charlie did.

really want to hear her reasoning behind her reassuring Q he was ok.
Because she truly thought Q was safe and wanted him to save the idol for the next tribal to use on her or Q (who she wanted to drag to the end with her as a goat)
She was stupid to believe that. How does she not know that kenzie and especially Liz hates Q. That's her ego thinking she had more influence over Kenzie/Liz than Charlie did.
Yep, she got too comfortable for sure. I’m guessing she made herself believe that everyone wanted to drag Q to the end since he has zero shot of winning.

It should be an interesting dynamic between Charlie and Maria now. Although we know both were gunning for each other in confessionals, they didn't know that. Now Charlie can say that he was straight with Maria by letting her know about the Q vote but now he (and everyone) knows that she voted for Charlie despite her assuring him that she was voting for Q. She's outed. He's not. Advantage Charlie.

Users who are viewing this thread