What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taking My Shot at Greatness in the Daily Space (1 Viewer)

Dodds' fanduel advice was supposed to be posted by Wednesday. Then the deadline changed to Friday. Now it says Saturday. It's the first week. Is this a sign of things to come again with the deadlines?

Clayton was confused on when I would do my FanDuel column each week. I am shooting for late Friday each week, but that could be Saturday mornings some weeks so that's what the schedule will reflect. So much of the edge in daily games comes on the changing news cycle (the scratches, depth chart moves, etc), that I think more people are served by me just avoiding the Thursday game each week and concentrating on final weekly thoughts (when my projections have also been thoroughly gone through)

I'd be interested in any conclusions as to whether going up in money levels increases the level of competition, as one might expect.

Clayton was confused on when I would do my FanDuel column each week. I am shooting for late Friday each week, but that could be Saturday mornings some weeks so that's what the schedule will reflect. So much of the edge in daily games comes on the changing news cycle (the scratches, depth chart moves, etc), that I think more people are served by me just avoiding the Thursday game each week and concentrating on final weekly thoughts (when my projections have also been thoroughly gone through)
:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn:
It's up now.

Nothing yet from Dodds for this week. Even the blog just references him betting a truckload of money but no hint about the Thursday lineups he used.

Hes up 16,700. he's going big this weekend it seems.

Going after it this week
I allocated over $10,000 in Thursday lineups alone. I plan to allocate another $15,000 in Sunday games.

Why so much this week?

- I actually like that Denver is on bye. That removes a lot of guys that score a ton of points.
- There are some matchups that I really love.
- As 8 weeks of games have been played, I finally feel like there is enough data to make really accurate prognostications.

Going after it this week
I allocated over $10,000 in Thursday lineups alone. I plan to allocate another $15,000 in Sunday games.Why so much this week?

- I actually like that Denver is on bye. That removes a lot of guys that score a ton of points.

- As 8 weeks of games have been played, I finally feel like there is enough data to make really accurate prognostications.
Subscribing in epic thread. Surprised your blog hasn't blown up more than it appears it has. Do people not understand how incredible and rare 30+% ROI in 8 weeks is?

Actually now that I think about it some, there are a lot of similarities between these weekly FF games of 2012-13 and online poker back in the early 2000s

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Going after it this week

I allocated over $10,000 in Thursday lineups alone. I plan to allocate another $15,000 in Sunday games.

Why so much this week?

Subscribing in epic thread. Surprised your blog hasn't blown up more than it appears it has. Do people not understand how incredible and rare 30+% ROI in 8 weeks is?Actually now that I think about it some, there are a lot of similarities between these weekly FF games of 2012-13 and online poker back in the early 2000s

A lot of us are doing as well or better (albeit on a smaller scale). Fanduel is easy money.

Going after it this week

Why so much this week?

Subscribing in epic thread. Surprised your blog hasn't blown up more than it appears it has. Do people not understand how incredible and rare 30+% ROI in 8 weeks is?Actually now that I think about it some, there are a lot of similarities between these weekly FF games of 2012-13 and online poker back in the early 2000s

A lot of us are doing as well or better (albeit on a smaller scale). Fanduel is easy money.
Agreed. But putting big (BIG) money on it and then making it public - that's gotta tighten the sac up a bit when rolling the (proverbial) dice.

I'll let Dodds have that role, for now.

Keith Overton has convinced me that a good book needs a Great Ending. So in typical All-In Fashion, I plan on putting the entire bankroll in play in week 16 (my final week of this craziness). Giddy about the whole experience.
I won't bore you guys with all the details, but this will be my last week this season with Daily games. I just have far too many other commitments now that my daughter has arrived from college.
:kicksrock:

Keith Overton has convinced me that a good book needs a Great Ending. So in typical All-In Fashion, I plan on putting the entire bankroll in play in week 16 (my final week of this craziness). Giddy about the whole experience.
I won't bore you guys with all the details, but this will be my last week this season with Daily games. I just have far too many other commitments now that my daughter has arrived from college.
:kicksrock:
:goodposting:

man what a let-down. this is a big reason I followed the entire time, to see how he handled the bankroll when trying to get $75k+ down

No matter the sum? :popcorn:
Yep going All-In. I will utilize risk management principals to try and handle variance and such, but I will put it all in in Week 16 regardless of sum. Everyone like s a cliff-hanger. This should be one for the ages.
What could have been...

Yeah, I was looking foward to him going through with this.

Maybe his wife checked his emails when he wasn't around, saw how much he was up and what he planned on doing, and then threatened to castrate him in his sleep if he went through with it.

I got your back Dodds. I will put my entire $55.30 on the line! ALL-IN!
Update: $20 won so far, and only need 7 points from SF K and D to get in the money in the $25 tournament which would make it a profitable week. 20 points from them gets me to $200+, or a 300% profit!

Sniffing the money with a Gore strong day in two expert leagues also.

Going to make one hell of a ending chapter, I should have the first draft done in a week or so.

jah77 said:
Week 16 might not be the best time to go all in with more random variables to deal with at this point in the season...weather potentially playing a factor...some teams and players already mailing it in...some teams maybe resting some starters or sitting a guy a little early. I can't say I blame him if he just thought better of it.
I tell you what, week 16 puts up some real anomalies in terms of stats for those games vs the whole season.

End of season injuries, teams looking at other options and last but not least... some really cold weather changing game plans.

Yeah, I was looking foward to him going through with this.

Maybe his wife checked his emails when he wasn't around, saw how much he was up and what he planned on doing, and then threatened to castrate him in his sleep if he went through with it.
80% chance this is what happened. Lame.

I don't have a wife, but am getting married at the end of June. I really did screw up my finger pretty badly making computer work a bit challenging. It takes forever to load a zillion rosters even with a good set of fingers. Between Christmas stuff, year end FBG stuff, my daughter coming home for the holidays and then wiping out my hand, there was no hope in getting all the dollars in play. Add in the weather, NFL teams mailing it in, etc it just seemed pointless. On weeks when I even wanted to get more action, I had trouble getting even $20,000 down (people stopped taking my H2H games as I continued to win, etc). Anyway - I did the blog and the experiment to capture data to write a compelling book. Crappy ending I suppose, but I think the book will be a good read and help people that play Daily.

I got your back Dodds. I will put my entire $55.30 on the line! ALL-IN!
Update: $20 won so far, and only need 7 points from SF K and D to get in the money in the $25 tournament which would make it a profitable week. 20 points from them gets me to $200+, or a 300% profit!Sniffing the money with a Gore strong day in two expert leagues also.

Going to make one hell of a ending chapter, I should have the first draft done in a week or so.
I went all in with the $280 I had on there. Depending on tonight, I may double up. Already locked in a small win :)

ETA: Ended up just a hair shy of doubling up. Great weekend for me :)

I don't have a wife, but am getting married at the end of June. I really did screw up my finger pretty badly making computer work a bit challenging. It takes forever to load a zillion rosters even with a good set of fingers. Between Christmas stuff, year end FBG stuff, my daughter coming home for the holidays and then wiping out my hand, there was no hope in getting all the dollars in play. Add in the weather, NFL teams mailing it in, etc it just seemed pointless. On weeks when I even wanted to get more action, I had trouble getting even $20,000 down (people stopped taking my H2H games as I continued to win, etc). Anyway - I did the blog and the experiment to capture data to write a compelling book. Crappy ending I suppose, but I think the book will be a good read and help people that play Daily.
you can go all in next week still. Tricky week though.

Maybe do it again next year using what you learned this year to streamline the process a bit. And make the "all in" week on week 14 or 15. We want to the the all-or-none ending you teased us with! :)

(HULK) said:
David Dodds said:
you can go all in next week still. Tricky week though.
I would only consider players on teams that have something to play for and if I find matchups I like.

David Dodds said:
Time to create the second unknown account to use that last week to get more money in.

Users who are viewing this thread