What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE C.J. Uzomah, NYJ (1 Viewer)

That's a sweet contract.  Was hoping that OJ Howard could revive his value on the Jets, but he could do the same for the Bengals, at a cheaper price I'm sure.

I see that my post is at the top of this thread.  Was commenting on @Faust link that Uzomah signed a three-year, $24M contrct with the Jets.  

Last edited by a moderator:

C.J. Uzomah caught 2-of-2 targets for 17 yards in the Jets’ Week 6 win over the Packers.

Not much to see here. What this tells us is that Tyler Conklin is back to being Tyler Conklin. No Jets’ tight end should occupy a spot on your roster.
- NBCSportsEDGE

C.J. Uzomah caught 2-of-2 targets for 41 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets’ Week 15 loss against the Lions.​

Many may have started Tyler Conklin in hopes that he could muster up some fantasy points, but it was instead Uzomah. There was nothing really special about how the Jets used their tight ends, Uzomah just happened to be open on two plays out of the game. He made plays when called upon, but you don’t want to be in a situation where you’re starting Uzomah in the fantasy playoffs.
Dec 18, 2022, 5:29 PM ET

ESPN's Rich Cimini believes TE C.J. Uzomah will be "hard to cut" this offseason.​

Signed to a three-year deal in March, Uzomah started 13 games in his first season with the Jets. Uzomah's playing time dipped down the stretch, playing 53% of snaps. With Tyler Conklin the Jets' TE1, Uzomah's $8 million salary makes him an overpriced No. 2 tight end. The Jets backloaded Uzomah's contract, making him an unlikely cut with $11 million in dead money. Releasing Uzomah would lower the Jets’ cap space by $1.3 million.
SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 11, 2023, 10:52 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread