What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Greg Dulcich, DEN (1 Viewer)

Former UCLA redshirt sophomore TE Greg Dulcich turned in a solid Senior Bowl practice according to Ryan Fowler of The Draft Network.

Dulcich (6'3/245) is part of a stacked tight end class, so a solid day at the Senior Bowl practice is a great start for the former Bruin. According to Fowler, Dulcich was, "as smooth as an athlete could possibly be with his athletic profile." He reportedly wowed on every rep he received, regardless of which defender was lined up against him and caught several passes on the day.

SOURCE: The Draft Network

Feb 1, 2022, 8:22 PM ET

Per PFF Draft on Twitter, former UCLA TE Greg Dulcich and former Iowa State TE Charlie Kolar are tied amongst tight ends with the most 15+ yard receptions since 2020 by Power Five TEs.

Dulcich (6'3/245) and Kolar will both be drafted this spring during the 2022 NFL Draft, but rank as the seventh and 11th best tight ends in the class per Pro Football Focus. Last season with the Bruins, Dulcich caught 42 passes for 725 yards and five touchdowns, and averaged 17.6 yards per reception for his career. Kolar posted a receiving line of 62-756-6 in 2021, and had a career receiving line of 168-2181-23. Both tight ends caught 36 passes of 15+ yards since the 2020 season, and both had 500+ receiving yards in each of their last two seasons.

RELATED: 

Charlie Kolar

SOURCE: PFF Draft on Twitter

Mar 1, 2022, 9:30 PM ET

UCLA TE Greg Dulcich posted a 4.61 40-yard dash time.

It was very important for Dulcich to test fast. He's not huge at 6'3", 245, and if he's going to project pretty much only as a pass catcher he needs to impress here and he did. He shined in the Senior Bowl, and had the numbers to back up his great season at UCLA where he caught 42 passes for 725 yards and five touchdowns. 

SOURCE: NFL Draft on Twitter

Mar 3, 2022, 4:24 PM ET

Best TE after McBride in my opinion. Frankly, the only guy other than McBride I think is a likely NFL starter. 

Best TE after McBride in my opinion. Frankly, the only guy other than McBride I think is a likely NFL starter. 
I would include Jelani Woods in this conversation, but I agree there are not many Tight Ends I am particularly interested in in non-TE premium leagues.  The top 6 Tight Ends in this class all offer some promise, but McBride, Woods and Dulcich seem like the best candidates to develop into NFL starters.

TE1    Trey McBride
TE2    Jelani Woods
TE3     Greg Dulcich
TE4    Chigoziem Okonkwo
TE5    Cade Otton
TE6    Isaiah Likely

Frankly, the only guy other than McBride I think is a likely NFL starter. 
 I think the depth of this TE class is  kind of strong just not a lot of front line players. But for an example I looked at Dane Bruglers 7 round mock last night and he had Mcbride going end of round 2, 4 TE's going in round 3, and at least two in round 4.

The TE position in fantasy seems to turn out more gems in middle rounds then any other position and for most part fantasy people are not that high on them when we are drafting them.

Last year the top 4 TE's were two third round picks, a 4th and a 5th round pick. Only one of those that I ever saw go in first two rounds of TE Premium leagues rookie drafts was Kelce but he also went as late as third round.

Previous year's top 5 was a first, third, fourth, sixth and  an UDFA.  Out of those 5 Hockenson was a first round pick in all of my leagues and then Kelce was only one anyone drafted in first few rounds if drafted at all.

Long way of saying while I don't really love ANY TE in this class it's kind of deep with those late day 2/early day 3 types that we often see spring up out of nowhere and I think odds are one of them will end up being something of value. Of course we can't draft the field and pinpointing which one is the issue.

And even if you draft the right guy you got to hope you see enough to hang on. I've cut both Kelce and Kittle after drafting them and a lot of FFPC players have similar tales of woe.

Broncos selected TE Greg Dulcich with the No. 80 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Dulcich (6'4/243) emerged as a junior with a 26-517-5 receiving line in seven games. He followed up with a senior campaign of 43-721-5 in 11 games and was named first-team All-Pac-12. Over his final two seasons, Dulcich recorded a 31% yardage share and a 26% target share, operating as a true downfield weapon with a 13.4 average depth of target. Dulcich appears capable of running more than typical underneath inline routes, profiling more as a big slot receiver in the mold of Mike Gesicki. With a 4.69 40, 34-inch vertical, and 10-foot-2 broad jump, he lacks Gesicki's elite athleticism, but still projects to be an above-average athlete at the position with uncommon receiving skills. With Albert Okwuegbunam ahead of him on the depth chart, Dulcich won't see the field a ton as a rookie. However, his pass-caching chops make him the ideal backup to the oft-injured Okwuegbunam.

Apr 29, 2022, 10:20 PM ET

Broncos signed third-round TE Greg Dulcich to a four-year contract.

Dulcich will work behind Albert Okwuegbunam to start, but the Broncos depth chart is a very friendly landing spot for him. Eric Tomlinson is an established blocking tight end. Dulcich isn't any kind of fantasy sleeper in his first season without an injury to Okwuegbunam, but he should set out a nice season as a role player and the Broncos offense has some upside with Russell Wilson at the helm. 

May 13, 2022, 1:33 PM ET

Might be better than McBride imo. I have them pretty much neck and neck.
I have McBride ahead right now, but it's close. Albert O isn't holding off Dulcich for very long, if at all. The little vid the Broncos put out about drafting their top guys is pretty telling, IMO. Hackett said multiple times during the clip that they don't have a guy like him. Hackett also said "he's ####### good" & asked Dulcich if he was ready to catch a bunch of passes. I know...grain of salt, but I loved the vibe.

Dulcich is a steal in the mid-to-late 3rd where he seems to be going. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have McBride ahead right now, but it's close. Albert O isn't holding off Dulcich for very long, if at all. The little vid the Broncos put out about drafting their top guys is pretty telling, IMO. Hackett said multiple times during the clip that they don't have a guy like him. Hacket also said "he's ####### good" & asked Dulcich if he was ready to catch a bunch of passes. I know...grain of salt, but I loved the vibe.

Yeah but he’s a rookie TE.  Be prepared to wait a couple of years

I have McBride ahead right now, but it's close. Albert O isn't holding off Dulcich for very long, if at all. The little vid the Broncos put out about drafting their top guys is pretty telling, IMO. Hackett said multiple times during the clip that they don't have a guy like him. Hacket also said "he's ####### good" & asked Dulcich if he was ready to catch a bunch of passes. I know...grain of salt, but I loved the vibe.

Total agreement and have been surprised by disparity between not only him and McBride in my TE premium rookie drafts but also the divide between Dulcich and Albert O who was released a few months ago and available in some leagues.

Seems to be some notion that Albert O has the job on lockdown and I don't see what he's done to deserve that? In week one due to competing vs a rookie I'd certainly give him a big advantage for starting TE in their base offense but don't know he's long for that role or would hold off Dulcich on more obvious passing downs. Also the least amount of games Albert O has missed in his entire 6 year pro and college career was the 3 games he missed last season. Put another way in his entire 6 year college and pro career he's only played more then 9 games once, again that was last year.

Just think as a pure receiver that Dulcich will offer considerably more as a seam buster that is more suited for Wilson's game then Albert O. I say that will understanding that Albert O timed faster at the combine but he's never actually been much of  downfield threat.

Saying all of that I'm not uber confident with the top 4 WR's healthy and all contractually signed for at least next two seasons combined with Wilson's history of limited TE usage will lead to fantasy success for whoever the main TE becomes in this offense . But  I am saying that TE could be Dulcich sooner then later, especially on obvious passing downs.

Broncos rookie minicamp notes: Dulcich has it all, and can catch too

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Greg Dulcich doesn’t just have The Hair.

He also has The Bod. The Thighs (thanks to short shorts). And (what really matters) The Hands.

There was something for everyone to like in the first look of the third-round tight end from UCLA during the Broncos’ rookie minicamp practice Friday.

“Have you seen his hair?’’ said head coach Nathaniel Hackett. “I mean, wow! Just watching him out here, it’s flowing in the wind.’’

Then there were the quads. Between the long socks pulled up to his knees and the shorts nearly up to his waist, Dulcich appeared to be modeling his upper legs.

“I mean short shorts, they’re called shorts for a reason, right?” Dulcich said with a smile. “And then long socks, I figured, why not?”

And the long, curly locks?

“The hair is staying forever,’’ Dulcich said. “You can quote that.”

A walk-on at UCLA, Dulcich developed into one of the more explosive pass-catching tight ends in the country his last two years there when he combined for 68 catches and 1,242 yards – a robust 18.3 yards per catch – and 10 touchdowns.

In the Broncos' first practice with the rookies, Dulcich ran sharp intermediate routes for tryout quarterback Eric Barriere. There was one off-target, but catchable throw that Dulcich didn’t come up with but otherwise he snagged the ball well and often Friday.

“Was great to see him out here and run routes,’’ Hackett said. “He can really run. He’s in great shape, you can see that. Even being over here with some of the blocking drills, you can see that he’s definitely a willing blocker. So I think it’s kind of that all-purpose guy.”

Soon, Dulcich will compete with third-year player Albert Okwuegbunam for the Broncos’ starting tight end position to open the 2022 season. Dulcich should develop into an every-down NFL tight end eventually. The question is whether it happens right away.

“People have the misconception I’m only going to go out and run routes,’’ Dulcich said. “That’s totally wrong, I’m going to do it all.’’

Altitude factor

There were five parts to the 70-minute rookie practice Friday. One, the team stretch. Two, position drills. Three, team work against air – QB, three receivers, tight end and running back on the offensive side; secondary and linebackers on the defensive side. Four, a long special teams period – all rookies must contribute if they want to make the varsity. And five, several, 53-yard, cross field wind sprints.

Dulcich finished in front of the pack with every sprint. Several linemen, though, had to walk it in. Nik Bonitto, the Broncos’ second-round pick, ran it to the finish line each time, but there were times when the altitude was a beast.

“Yeah, it got to me a little bit today,’’ Bonitto said. “It’s just something that I’m going to have to continue to work through and push through until my body gets accustomed to the altitude.”

Just one beat writers opinion but this goes back to post I made a few up:

Hi Ryan, thanks for the fine coverage over the years. 1. Who’s going to be the main tight end when Week 1 arrives: Albert Okwuegbunam or Greg Dulcich?

1. When Dulcich was drafted last month, I thought Okwuegbunam would be TE1 for the opener. But the combination of looking up some of Dulcich’s UCLA highlights and the praise he’s earned from the Broncos’ coaches, I’ve flipped to Dulcich being the starter. Both players will have significant roles.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/05/17/broncos-mailbag-week-1-starting-tight-end-albert-okwuegbunam-greg-dulcich/

Still training camp, but perhaps Albert O. presents a bigger obstacle than many in here hope/believe.

...one thing which really popped visually during OTAs was how many times Wilson looked towards tight end Albert Okwuegbunam with the deep ball and it could be an early outlier. Two clear branches appear to be shooting off the tree; first, Wilson is establishing trust in the Broncos' top tight end, and second, the Nathaniel Hackett-designed offense appears to favor using Albert O’s speed to break bigger plays downfield.

Outten admitted how he’s seen a major leap forwards, especially when it came to the mental side of mastering his position during recent practices.

“[TE] Albert [Okwuegbunam] has really stepped up mentally,” Outten insisted. “This playbook is not easy and then with the position that he plays, you know he took a gigantic step during that second week of OTAs.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-broncos-oc-singles-out-te-albert-okwuegbunam/ar-AAYxYba?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

Broncos third-round TE Greg Dulcich missed the entire preseason with a hamstring injury.​

Speaking four days ago, head coach Nathaniel Hackett said the team was doing "everything it can" to get Dulcich back for Week 1. One of this year's highest-drafted tight ends, there has been plenty of speculation that Dulcich could become a staple in two-TE sets or even make Albert Okwuegbunam expendable, but he missed essentially all of camp in addition to the entire preseason. It is difficult to envision rookie re-draft impact from the No. 80 overall pick.
SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter
Aug 28, 2022, 12:08 AM ET

Broncos placed TE Greg Dulcich on injured reserve with a hamstring injury.​

Third-rounder Dulcich was drawing hype as a Day 2 pick who could actually see rookie targets, perhaps even picking up Tim Patrick's lost looks or cutting into Albert Okwuegbunam's. Instead, he will miss at least the first four games, and give Okwuegbunam some runway to get in his new quarterback and coaching staff's good graces. The lost training camp and early-season absence pretty much removes Dulcich from 2022 re-draft consideration, though that could change if Okwuegbunam face plants during the rookie's absence.

Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett said there's a "good chance" that TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring-IR) will practice next week.​

This does not necessarily mean that Dulcich will be activated right away, but it's a good sign that he's mostly over the injury that he'll be practicing in line to spend the minimum amount of time on injured reserve. Albert Okwuegbunam has not exactly seized a passing game role in Dulcich's absence, but nobody in Denver's passing game is actually fantasy-worthy at this moment. Dulcich will be a monitor-and-stash guy rather than an instant contributor when back.
SOURCE: Nick Kosmider on Twitter
Sep 30, 2022, 3:44 PM ET

Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett said TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring-IR) will return to practice this week.​

Perhaps Dulcich will finally be a good enough blocker to get a pass-catcher in on Denver's Eric Saubert/Eric Tomlinson target share, but it probably won't happen right away. In non-dynasty leagues he'll be a stash and monitor player. He certainly couldn't do much less than Albert Okwuegbunam has this year.
SOURCE: Kyle Newman on Twitter
Oct 11, 2022, 2:01 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring) could be activated for Week 6 against the Chargers.​

Dulcich went on injured reserve before the season but it's possible that he makes his NFL debut against the Chargers. With Albert Okwuegbunam increasingly phased out of the offense, the Broncos could use a pass-catching tight end. However, expectations should be low for Dulcich early in the season as he works into the offense and works back from a hamstring injury.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 17, 2022, 11:21 AM ET

Greg Dulcich caught 2-of-3 targets for 44 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' Week 6 loss to the Chargers.​

Making his NFL debut after missing all of training camp and the first five games of the year with a hamstring injury, third-round rookie Dulcich immediately forced Albert Okwuegbunam to the inactives list and played 71% of the snaps. He caught Russell Wilson's lone touchdown with a run-after-catch 39-yarder in the first quarter. Dulcich was later targeted on another end-zone shot and appears to have already locked himself into a passing-down role for Denver. Dulcich is worth adding in all formats as an upside pickup at fantasy's thinnest position. Dulcich gets a Week 7 date with the Jets.
Oct 18, 2022, 12:22 AM ET

Like this guy in dynasty, but not as much in redraft where rookie TEs not named Kyle Pitts often take some time to figure things out. He'll have some good games, but wouldn't rely on him for consistency.

@adamlevitan

Greg Dulcich's NFL debut last night:

* 41-of-58 snaps (71%)
* 22 slot, 16 inline, 3 wide
* 27 routes on 34 Russ Wilson dropbacks (79%)
* 3 targets for a 10.7% share
* 2-44-1 result
* Albert O a healthy scratch
10/18/22, 8:59 AM

Those are numbers rarely seen in a rookies tight end debut.

Like this guy in dynasty, but not as much in redraft where rookie TEs not named Kyle Pitts often take some time to figure things out. He'll have some good games, but wouldn't rely on him for consistency.

Disagree: I'm buying in redraft. Better early to the party than late. The TE landscape is barren. Bye bye busted up Schultz.

In my lineup over Pitts moving forward. Wanted to make that move today, but chickened out. Not dealing with Atlanta’s non existent passing game any longer.

Greg Dulcich caught 6-of-9 targets for 51 yards in the Broncos' Week 7 loss to the Jets.

Appearing in just his second career contest, the third-round rookie couldn't find the end zone like he did in Week 6 but increased his targets from three to nine. That was with backup quarterback Brett Rypien under center, but we would expect Dulcich to remain an emphasis for Russell Wilson whenever he gets back from his hamstring injury. Already solidified as a top-18 option at a thin position, Dulcich could make a run at TE1 value even in this struggling offense. The Jags are on tap for Week 8.

- NBCSportsEDGE

In a second year dynasty I really needed another TE to pair with Freirmuth since Jonnu Smith didn’t pan out. Landed this guy and Otton with my 2 4th rd rookie picks this past draft. Paying off.

Yeah but he’s a rookie TE. Be prepared to wait a couple of years
So much for that.

This guy seriously might be in my flex spot going forward next week when Kelce is back over the likes I’ve ARob, Herbert and Gus Edwards.

Was actually offered Treylon Burks for Dulcich this past week in dynasty. The offer went to my spam for some reason. Other owner traded Burks before I had a chance to accept because I would have. Thinking that might have been a bad move at this point.

Greg Dulcich caught 4-of-5 targets for 87 yards in the Broncos' Week 8 win over the Jaguars.​

Dulcich's day was far more quiet than it would appear, as the rookie tight end saw three of his four receptions come on the Broncos' first drive in the second half. On that drive, Dulcich secured three passes for 78 yards, which included receptions of 18, 22 and 38 yards. Dulcich fell a yard shy of the end zone on his final catch of the draft, robbing him of a bigger fantasy day. Dulcich has been one of Russell Wilson's favorite targets since returning in Week 6. Despite the odd usage in this one, his 87 receiving yards are good for a season-high, while his five targets were second on the team behind Jerry Jeudy. Dulcich and the Broncos now head into their Week 9 bye, but he could have some TE1 upside in Week 10 against the Titans.
Oct 30, 2022, 1:37 PM ET

Greg Dulcich played 82% of snaps in the Broncos' Week 8 win over the Jaguars.​

Dulcich turned his season-high snap share into a 4/87 receiving line on five targets, although three of Dulcich's receptions came on the Broncos' first drive of the second half. Since returning in Week 6, Dulcich has caught 12 passes for 182 yards and one touchdown, averaging a solid 15.2 YPR. Those enjoying Dulcich's emergence will need to look elsewhere in Week 9 with the Broncos heading into their bye week, but he should have some top-12 upside when he returns in Week 10 to face the Titans.
Oct 31, 2022, 9:08 AM ET

I added him in redraft as it looked like Andrews was in doubt this past week. I am now holding through the bye. I don't need him with Andrews on the team but there are some teams struggling at TE and he could give me some trade deadline flexibility.

Pretty impressive so far considering he has had double digit points in his first 3 games in the NFL.

Was planning on rolling with him ROS in full PPR. Got offered Dalton Schultz for him today. Tempting but thinking that Dolcich has more upside once he gets acclimated with Wilson. Both are on bye so I have some time to contemplate

Pretty impressive so far considering he has had double digit points in his first 3 games in the NFL.

Was planning on rolling with him ROS in full PPR. Got offered Dalton Schultz for him today. Tempting but thinking that Dolcich has more upside once he gets acclimated with Wilson. Both are on bye so I have some time to contemplate
I would have accepted the trade. At this time a big difference in their respective offenses and quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread