What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Pharaoh Brown, Texans (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
TE Pharaoh Brown has big day catching, blocking in Texans win

Excerpt:

Pharaoh Brown was many things on Sunday in the Texans 37-21 win over the Jaguars.

Just ask RB Mark Ingram II.

"Pharaoh's a dog," Ingram said of the tight end. "He's a beast. Straight savage. An animal. I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best."

Brown caught four passes for 67 yards, including a 29-yarder in the third quarter and a 25-yarder in the second quarter.

The latter was a reception to the left side in which he punished five Jaguars after catching the ball at the Jacksonville 26-yard line, before finally getting dropped at the 13. Three plays later, the Texans were in the end zone.

The 29-yarder, meanwhile, was a thing of beauty. With one hand, he gathered in a Tyrod Taylor pass over the middle, and set the Texans up with a 1st-and-Goal at the Jaguars' 5-yard line. Ingram took the direct snap on the next play, and handed off to Phillip Lindsay who scampered in for the score.

"Pharaoh made a great catch," Taylor said. "I would've loved to see him score on that play."

Ingram pointed also to Brown's impact on the ground attack, which gained 160 yards on 41 carries Sunday.

"He's physical in the run game," Ingram said. "Takes pride in blocking, and he's going to get his guy. Even when he doesn't, he comes to the sideline and says 'That was on me.' Obviously, he has the talent and the athleticism to go run routes downfield, catch the ball, break tackles. He's a versatile tight end. A complete tight end. I think he's one of the best in the game and he's super underrated."

TE Pharaoh Brown caught 4-of-5 targets for 67 yards in the Texans' Week 1 win against the Jaguars. 

Brown out-targeted and out-produced Jordan Akins even though Akins ran four more pass routes on the day. Texans head coach David Culley complimented Brown after the game, calling him a "large individual." Adjust your ranks. Brown -- Pro Football Focus' top-rated pass catching tight end in Week 1 -- could turn into an interesting add in deeper tight end premium formats. 

RELATED: 

Jordan Akins

Sep 13, 2021, 11:13 AM ET

Could this late bloomer be this year's Logan Thomas? Tyrod has shown a reliance on TEs. I'm making a claim as a backup TE while Engram does his thing on IR.

Could this late bloomer be this year's Logan Thomas? Tyrod has shown a reliance on TEs. I'm making a claim as a backup TE while Engram does his thing on IR.
I don't think he makes the leap in to the top 10 of TEs but he's an intriguing add and will be a decent bye week fill in.

Debating between him and Juwan Johnson or Conklin as my second TE.

I don't think he makes the leap in to the top 10 of TEs but he's an intriguing add and will be a decent bye week fill in.

Debating between him and Juwan Johnson or Conklin as my second TE.
I'd go for JJ if he's available. I had Njoku as my top claim but he had 5 claims and was #1 taken. I was swayed into making Cooper my #2 option after reading Ingram's beyond effusive praise:

"Pharaoh's a dog," Ingram said of the tight end. "He's a beast. Straight savage. An animal. I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best."

I mean I know it's a player hyping his teammate, but that's pretty steep.

Texans TE Pharaoh Brown (ankle/shoulder) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Brown out-targeted Jordan Akins 5-2 against the Jaguars in Week 1, though the latter did run three more routes (23-20) on Tyrod Taylor's 40 dropbacks. Brown's potential absence would at least offer Akins significantly more reps in an inevitable negative game script against Cleveland in Week 2.

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Sep 15, 2021, 5:16 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread