What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyree Jackson, PHI (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
EAGLES TRAINING CAMP NOTEBOOK: A NEW UNDERDOG EMERGES

Excerpt:

A new underdog?

Every year we see a new Eagles underdog steal our hearts. From Paul Turner and Raheem Mostert, to Alex Singleton and Greg Ward, Training Camp opens up the doors for an overlooked player to turn heads. Early signs are pointing towards former Bills QB Tyree Jackson walking down that path.

Mike Kaye @mike_e_kaye

Ummm… QB-turned-TE Tyree Jackson just caught a pass over the middle from Nick Mullens and absolutely ran over Rashad Smith. He’s welcomed himself to the position. #Eagles

Eliott Shorr-Parks @EliotShorParks

Tyree Jackson just ran over Davion Taylor after a catch in an 11o11 drill #Eagles

Eliott Shorr-Parks @EliotShorParks

First day take: #Eagles should keep Tyree Jackson on their 53. Looks like he has a ton of potential at TE

Now competing at tight end, Jackson is working behind a very light depth chart that could get even lighter if Ertz is moved. Jackson has burst out of the gate with a vengeance. Let’s see if he can keep the momentum rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 Eagles training camp observations from practice No. 5: Brandon Graham, Derek Barnett dominate; Tyree Jackson is dark horse to watch

Excerpt:

His name is Tyree Jackson

50 Cent once sang, “Hate it or love it, the underdog’s on top.” Tyree Jackson is that underdog in the Eagles’ training camp right now.

The QB-turned-TE has outshined everyone at the position, not named Zach Ertz or Dallas Goedert, through the first five practices. At 6-foot-7 and 250 pounds, Jackson is hard to miss, but he’s also making plays all over the field in team drills against the second- and third-team defenses. Monday, Jackson made a trio of impressive catches over defenders.

Second-string QB Joe Flacco hit Jackson over the middle for a nice YAC gain in 11-on-11. He then hit him again toward the corner on the same series. Jackson later caught a pass across the middle from Nick Mullens.

As NJ Advance Media has previously reported, Ertz seems to be embracing his current fate with the Eagles on the surface, so Jackson might actually be competing with Jack Stoll, Caleb Wilson and Richard Rodgers for the third tight end job. So far, this early in his position transition, he’s turning heads.

The clear leader between Mailata and Dillard in Roob’s observations

Excerpt:

Tyree Jackson has been one of the biggest early surprises of camp. Jackson is the 6-foot-7, 250-pound college (and XFL) quarterback trying to convert to NFL tight end. Considering the position switch, Jackson has been solid catching the ball and surprisingly physical both after the catch and blocking the line of scrimmage. “He’s come a long way,” Dallas Goedert said. “Even from OTAs to now, he’s improved tremendously. He’s been impressive blocking, his routes have been good, he’s a huge target, he’s got long arms, he’s had great hands all camp. That transition is tough going from quarterback to tight end, there’s a lot to learn, but he’s learning it very fast and he’s doing a great job.” Jackson should still be considered a long-term project, but he’s an intriguing one.

This team sure is loaded at that position. Tyree and Dallas are huge athletes. I have not seen Tyree play, how does he compare to Dallas physically?

TE Tyree Jackson made the Eagles' initial 53-man roster.

Jackson fractured a bone in his back, and will almost certainly head to IR in the coming days. The fact that Jackson made the initial 53 before heading to IR is significant however, because it makes him eligible to return later in the season. Jackson had a strong training camp, and despite injuring his back, may play for the Eagles at some point this season. The former quarterback is 6'7"/249 with 4.59 speed, and would likely be utilized as a move-TE. Jackson is an intriguing deep sleeper to keep an eye on.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Sep 1, 2021, 9:38 AM ET

Eagles designated TE Tyree Jackson for return from injured reserve.

Jackson is an athletic, converted quarterback who made the Eagles' final 53 man roster despite having fractured a bone in his back. Following the Zach Ertz trade, GM Howie Roseman talked up Jackson as someone who would get an opportunity. Jackson could still be a few weeks away from playing, but can be stashed in deeper formats prior to being activated. The Eagles have a 21 day window to add him to their active roster.

Oct 20, 2021, 11:40 AM ET

Interested to see what kind of role this guy takes on once healthy now with Ertz gone.  Does he take over Ertz’s production or does he become strictly depth for Goedert?

Have been holding this guy on the IR in my deeper leagues (especially TE Prem), the Eagles seem to like him and I’ve done well with unconventional breakout TE’s in recent years (Waller and Logan Thomas). Hope they put him to good use.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Eagles TE Tyree Jackson is believed to have avoided a torn ACL in Philadelphia's Week 18 loss to the Cowboys. 

The 24-year-old converted quarterback's first career catches, including a touchdown, came before he left the game on Saturday. The Eagles supposedly have high hopes for Jackson behind Dallas Goedert going forward after trading Zach Ertz, though he had only two targets all year entering this evening. He dealt with broken bones in his back earlier this season. Something short of a torn ACL would give Jackson an opportunity to be 100 percent healthy well in advance of next summer's training camp. The 6-foot-7 seam stretcher is an end-of-bench stash in deeper Dynasty leagues.  

Jan 9, 2022, 12:33 AM ET

Eagles TE Tyree Jackson (ACL) will start training camp on the PUP list. 

The hyper-athletic tight end -- a converted quarterback -- tore his ACL in Week 18 against the Cowboys after catching three passes for 22 yards and a touchdown (Dallas Goedert was out with COVID-19). Jackson was seen doing light work during the team's OTAs this spring. When fully healthy, Jackson should be the Eagles' No. 2 tight end behind Goedert. He won't have fantasy value unless Goedert misses time in 2022. 

SOURCE: The Philly Voice on Twitter 

Jul 12, 2022, 10:12 AM ET

With Goedert down, anybody taking a flier on this guy? He has dark horse written all over him....although the Eagles would need to add to active roster by tomorrow (designated for PUP return on Oct. 26th) when the 21 day window closes, or revert back to PUP for ROS.

Pretty decent passer too, I hear.

Last edited:
With Goedert down, anybody taking a flier on this guy? He has dark horse written all over him....although the Eagles would need to add to active roster by tomorrow (designated for PUP return on Oct. 26th) when the 21 day window closes, or revert back to PUP for ROS.

Pretty decent passer too, I hear.
I picked him up as a flier but I am in rebuild so it's a long term view
He was the reason they moved Ertz, IIRC

Eagles activated TE Tyree Jackson (ACL) from the PUP list.​

A converted quarterback with athleticism to spare, Jackson should be considered the favorite to replace Dallas Goedert (shoulder), who on Wednesday was placed on injured reserve and will miss at least the next four games. Jackson in Week 18 last season was targeted four times on 27 pass routes, catching three for 22 yards and a touchdown. Jackson is a sneaky waiver add in deeper formats. Jack Stoll and Grant Calcaterra will mix in at tight end too.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter
Nov 16, 2022, 12:55 PM ET

I'm absolutely taking a flyer on TJackson. If this kid is completely healthy, I think he's going to be a pleasant surprise ROS. He's going for pennies. Stoll is almost a pure blocker, Calcaterra is JAG, Togai is raw. I hear the Eagles have been looking forward to activating him, even prior to the Goedert injury. Goedert is one of the best blocking TE in NFL. Eagles are going to need Stoll to serve in that capacity. They're also going to need another downfield receiving threat, and that's TJackson, in spades. Just lost Goedert on 2 very good National High Stakes Teams. I picked him up every Team that I had fat to cut, for less than $10/$1000 FAAB. If that ACL is sound, he has the potential to be dynamic, in what is a very streamlined pass offense. I really think we have something here. If not, it's a very inexpensive shot to take.

I'm absolutely taking a flyer on TJackson. If this kid is completely healthy, I think he's going to be a pleasant surprise ROS. He's going for pennies. Stoll is almost a pure blocker, Calcaterra is JAG, Togai is raw. I hear the Eagles have been looking forward to activating him, even prior to the Goedert injury. Goedert is one of the best blocking TE in NFL. Eagles are going to need Stoll to serve in that capacity. They're also going to need another downfield receiving threat, and that's TJackson, in spades. Just lost Goedert on 2 very good National High Stakes Teams. I picked him up every Team that I had fat to cut, for less than $10/$1000 FAAB. If that ACL is sound, he has the potential to be dynamic, in what is a very streamlined pass offense. I really think we have something here. If not, it's a very inexpensive shot to take.
Couldn’t agree more! People talking up Calcaterra makes no messes to me

Who's to say Stoll isn't the guy who gets the TE love? I don't see how anyone could possibly start Jackson unless you're desperate.

Eagles TE Tyree Jackson signed his exclusive rights tender.​

Jackson, a giant at 6'7", has struggled through a multitude of injuries over the past couple seasons, including an ACL tear that kept him sidelined for most of 2022. Jackson has three catches on seven targets in 14 regular season games since the start of the 2021 season.
SOURCE: PhiladelphiaEagles.com
Apr 24, 2023, 12:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread