What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE (1 Viewer)

GIANNI

Footballguy
no ppr

should i pick up Antonio Gates? i have to have two TE

i have Travis Kelce and George Kittle

thanks

Well it's a tough one. Reading about Gates having to get back into "game shape" sounds a bit worrisome but then again it's the same team so shouldn't be too bad. Also it's Virgil Green ahead of him, so once he's back, do expect he'll be mainly red zone threat. That's about it. Now if Cole/Gordon are somehow both covered, then Gates definitely will see some ball. But remember he's 38 as well.

Kittle had that shoulder separation so I'm iffy on him. He's definitely their TE going down the road but apparently he may share snaps Game 1 with Celek. Not much of an issue, probably just to ease him back in. 

As much as I want to say go with Gates because of the red zone targets, I'mma go with Kittle just because McKinnon is done for the year (though Morris is a decent back up), I think Jimmy G will target Kittle more down the road.

Well it's a tough one. Reading about Gates having to get back into "game shape" sounds a bit worrisome but then again it's the same team so shouldn't be too bad. Also it's Virgil Green ahead of him, so once he's back, do expect he'll be mainly red zone threat. That's about it. Now if Cole/Gordon are somehow both covered, then Gates definitely will see some ball. But remember he's 38 as well.

Kittle had that shoulder separation so I'm iffy on him. He's definitely their TE going down the road but apparently he may share snaps Game 1 with Celek. Not much of an issue, probably just to ease him back in. 

As much as I want to say go with Gates because of the red zone targets, I'mma go with Kittle just because McKinnon is done for the year (though Morris is a decent back up), I think Jimmy G will target Kittle more down the road.
thanks for the info that was awesome

thanks again

If the decision is Kittle or Gates, I'd stick with Kittle.

Keep Gates on a watch list, never know what the old guy has left, might be worth adding later.

Users who are viewing this thread