What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tech Question - Web Version or Desktop Version (1 Viewer)

In General, Do You Prefer The Website Version Or The Desktop Version?

• Website Version By Far

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Website Version A Bit More

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Desktop Version A Bit More

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Desktop Version By Far

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Question for you guys.

Several services like Spotify or Evernote offer both a website version of their product where you use the product by just visiting the website with your browser. And many also a downloadable desktop version that operates on your computer and not in your web browser.

Do you have a preference for one over the other? If so, why?

Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My answer depends on the differences in features between the two.  Assuming they are the same then I go Web version - less hassle and I can use anywhere.  

ETA - to add to that - it also prevents me from having to install the latest version in 3 places - desktop, phone and iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Chromebook proponent, I hate installable software. Everything should run in the browser or by browser extension. I'm to the point where I won't use software, even on my PC, that requires installation.  

As a Chromebook proponent, I hate installable software. Everything should run in the browser or by browser extension. I'm to the point where I won't use software, even on my PC, that requires installation.  
That's sort of the chromebook dna though, right? More of an internet connection machine, right?

For laptops and desktops with more power, I wonder if the downloadable version has advantages.

This all started today for me with my Evernote web version acting wonky not sorting search correctly. There's a good bit of discussion in evernote forums about which platform for evernote is best. And thought I'd ask here for general advice. 

Users who are viewing this thread