What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Johnson (1 Viewer)

Portis 26

Madden Freak
Ted Johnson has, for the last few years, been a pretty average fantasy performer- maybe only a LB #4 in a start 4 LB league, while Bruschi has been a strong performer the last couple of years. In large part that was because while both are ILBs, Bruschi was on the field a lot more.Am I not right in thinking that with Bruschi likely out for the season Johnson is the obvious choice to inherit Bruschi's ILB role and therefore fantasy stats? And if I am, and it is this obvious, how come he's usually available in IDP dynasty leagues and I've been able to snare him in nearly every one?

Interesting question. The answer is "I don't know" but I'll look into it.BTW- isn't "Obvious sleeper" a contradiction in terms?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ted Johnson has, for the last few years, been a pretty average fantasy performer- maybe only a LB #4 in a start 4 LB league, while Bruschi has been a strong performer the last couple of years. In large part that was because while both are ILBs, Bruschi was on the field a lot more.

Am I not right in thinking that with Bruschi likely out for the season Johnson is the obvious choice to inherit Bruschi's ILB role and therefore fantasy stats? And if I am, and it is this obvious, how come he's usually available in IDP dynasty leagues and I've been able to snare him in nearly every one?
Monty Beisel?

I'm not sure what scenario will play out with Bruschi gone, but Ted Johnson was not sniffing the field on passing/3rd downs in '04. TJ is a solid run stuffer, but his limited field-time will make him an average LB at best.On passing downs, the Pats' D takes on a whole new look. I swear...it seems like eight starters leave the field and eight new (and quicker) guys take over. Unless your team is sporting Harrison and maybe Seymour, your chance of owning a FF contributor from the Pats' D is limited.

Monty Beisel?
Well, he's the competition, but while he putting up good numbers in limited action last season with KC I don't know yet how he fits in in NE.
FBG lists him as an OLB on their depth chart but I keep hearing that he could be on the inside.
Then again, Troy Brown was listed as a WR last year . . . In other words, Belichick is capable of anything. There could be a bargain pickup here though, at least for depth on your roster.

Johnson won't be terribly valuable because he generally only sees the field on obvious running downs. He just doesn't move well enough to be on the field in other situations. Inheriting his playing time will be some combination of Biesel, Chad Brown, and possibly even Dan Klecko or maybe even Roman Phifer if he's brought back.

Users who are viewing this thread