What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV - Season 3 coming March 2023!!!) (1 Viewer)

The whole "Believe" concept has been absent this season. That was foundational to Ted's coaching philosophy. Seems like it comes back as the fourth component?

Loved this weeks episode, didn't want it to end.

Excellent episode. Wanted more 2nd half action but overall I liked it.

Got to love everyone looking around the room to figure out who else is gay and not noticing Trent Crimm in a Dolly Parton shirt

Yep - this was the excellence we got during the first two seasons. Was fantastic. Hopefully they can keep that level for whatever is left

Got to love everyone looking around the room to figure out who else is gay and not noticing Trent Crimm in a Dolly Parton shirt

Yep - this was the excellence we got during the first two seasons. Was fantastic. Hopefully they can keep that level for whatever is left
3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

- Ted's resolution with ex-wife whatever that may be.
- Nate's resolution with Ted/West Ham
- Keeley/Jamie/Roy resolution.
- Some sort of Rebecca closure.

What else is there? Seems very doable in three episodes.

3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

Well, when you put it that way.....

Also adding:
Ted moving home?
Something with Nate/Rupert/Jade
Trent's book

I also have this suspicion about them winning a trophy. They made so much out of them being a team without a major trophy in the first two seasons....

3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

Also adding:
Ted moving home?
Trent's book

I also have this suspicion about them winning a trophy. They made so much out of them being a team without a major trophy in the first two seasons....

Trent's book is the only new one added here and that's easily resolved by having him narrate the last scene that shows everyone's resolution. Someone else in the thread mentioned this.

In terms of the trophy, the actual football games have always played second fiddle, but I could see the Premier league final being between Richmond and West Ham and part of the Ted/Nate resolution.

I think they're on a good pace to resolve everything.

3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

Also adding:
Ted moving home?
Trent's book

Trent's book is the only new one added here and that's easily resolved by having him narrate the last scene that shows everyone's resolution. Someone else in the thread mentioned this.

In terms of the trophy, the actual football games have always played second fiddle, but I could see the Premier league final being between Richmond and West Ham and part of the Ted/Nate resolution.

I think they're on a good pace to resolve everything.
:goodposting: Still feels like a lot, but laid out it seems doable. Hopefully the final episodes are great.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE

I agree that everything looks set up to get resolved in time for the end, but this season still feels a bit like they are staggering to the finish line.

I think the whole Nate arc has not been handled well. I get that he was never a true bad guy in the most literal term, versus a guy like Rupert, who they love to portray like a villain in a bad 90s action movie, but they have spent this whole season convincing us that he is still a good guy despite his actions near the end of S2, which, yes, stemmed from his insecurities, but it seems a bit too easy for him to still be good guy Nate.

3 episodes to go?
A lot to resolve.

I would say Jamie - Keeley is resolved after his apology

versus a guy like Rupert, who they love to portray like a villain in a bad 90s action movie, but they have spent this whole season convincing us that he is still a good guy despite his actions near the end of S2, which, yes, stemmed from his insecurities, but it seems a bit too easy for him to still be good guy Nate.
After this week I'm pretty convinced Rupert is going to make a play for Jade just to F with Nate. Rupert loves to own...teams, things, relationships, people, whatever. Nate went against the grain this week which challenges Rupert. Might be Nate the Great's out with West Ham opening up the path back to Richmond :shrug:

My predictions:

- I don't know if Ted gets back together with his wife or if this resolution will just be him moving on from it, but I think he returns to the USA to coach the NFLs newest expansion team, the Wichita Believers.
- Nate quits West Ham over stuff Rupert does, probably involving Jade. I don't know what happens after. Nate's arc this season has been him transforming from a shy, unassertive loser into someone who does the opposite. Asking Jade out and turning down Rupert are part of the transformation. It may be enough resolution for Nate to dramatically walk out on Rupert and make up with Ted.
- Roy takes over at Richmond. They are setting this up with him doing the press conferences.

I know they are overdoing the green matchbook thing, but it’s interesting that Ted pulled one out of his pocket a couple of episodes ago.

Slower episode, with some emotional weight to it. I did not like the return of Okufu and the story there, but it did give some excellent moments and laughs. The rest seemingly set up the redemption arcs for the final 2 eps.

Loved the Dani Rojas heal turn toward Van Damme (Putting on a Mexico jersey will do that to a player). Rebecca staying strong in the face of Rupert and a great call back to the first Trent Crimm question! ROY AND KEELY!!!!!!!!!! Jack pulling funding was absolutely no surprise.

Slower episode, with some emotional weight to it. I did not like the return of Okufu and the story there, but it did give some excellent moments and laughs. The rest seemingly set up the redemption arcs for the final 2 eps.

Loved the Dani Rojas heal turn toward Van Damme (Putting on a Mexico jersey will do that to a player). Rebecca staying strong in the face of Rupert and a great call back to the first Trent Crimm question! ROY AND KEELY!!!!!!!!!! Jack pulling funding was absolutely no surprise.
Agree with everything. I can't believe the negative reviews this season is getting. One guy complains about the episodes being too long WTF.....

I also really enjoyed
Nathan arc this episode..... the fact he actually quit etc just nicely done

The Super League for Beginners angle seemed really shoehorned in there, but overall I really liked the episode. And Okufu is awesome!

Agree with everything. I can't believe the negative reviews this season is getting. One guy complains about the episodes being too long WTF.....

I also really enjoyed
to your spoiler, sums up 99% of people's issues and once he heard his dad say what he did it's like the whole world just became a brand new place because that burden is gone.

I also really enjoyed
I can see the complaints about the beginning of the season but the last few eps have been fantastic and too short!!!!!

The Nate heel turn thing is really odd in retrospect since they didn’t follow through with it. They even ended last season with some devilish look on his face. He started the show as a nice guy and is ending it that way it appears and they didn’t even advance him being a prick very much. Just weird story telling.

The Nate heel turn thing is really odd in retrospect since they didn’t follow through with it. They even ended last season with some devilish look on his face. He started the show as a nice guy and is ending it that way it appears and they didn’t even advance him being a prick very much. Just weird story telling.
Yep, most of this season has the writers reminding us of why we are supposed to like Nate. His redemption arc was inevitable, but I don't think it was handled well. Much of this season has felt "off" from the vibe the first two seasons had.

I also really enjoyed
I can see the complaints about the beginning of the season but the last few eps have been fantastic and too short!!!!!

Yeah, there was something “missing” those first few episodes but the last half has been gold like s1/2. I wonder if they go off on a high note or extend to a 4th season. As much as I love it I think I may be in favor of them wrapping it up with 3 quality seasons. I’m not sure how much more they really have to explore. If these last two episodes close things out then I’ll be happy - I would hope they have decided on whether they are returning already as it could really change what happens these last 2, IMO.

I also really enjoyed

Yeah, there was something “missing” those first few episodes but the last half has been gold like s1/2. I wonder if they go off on a high note or extend to a 4th season. As much as I love it I think I may be in favor of them wrapping it up with 3 quality seasons. I’m not sure how much more they really have to explore. If these last two episodes close things out then I’ll be happy - I would hope they have decided on whether they are returning already as it could really change what happens these last 2, IMO.

I've read a lot of rumors of a spinoff without Jason Sudeikis.

Total guess, but after this week, it seems like maybe they are setting it up for Nate to return and be the coach in the spinoff show.

I really hope they go with Roy as the next coach if Ted leaves. I don't know if I could buy the whole team immediately accepting Nate as the coach after what he did.

Yep, with Roy doing that press conference last week instead of Ted and softening him a bit, it seems like it is setting up for Roy to be the coach if they decide to go forward without Sudeikis in either a Season 4 or a spinoff.

I could see Nate buying the restaurant with his girlfriend, but I think he’s going to be wedged back into the locker room somehow.

Wow what an episode. I think we all know what two words Ted is going to say where it just cut to black at the end.

Also, it's crazy how the racism Sam experienced is being reflected in real life with Vinicius Jr. in Madrid right now.

I didn't think Nate would go back to Richmond, but I think he has to at this point. Probably a Roy/Nate duo similar to Ted/Beard. Ted goes back to US and is offered an NFL job with Beard as OC.

Ted goes back to US and is offered an NFL job with Beard as OC.
That's a funny way to spell MLS.

Especially after they win the EPL next week

I guess this could happen. I just thought if they really wanted to end on a happy note for him, an NFL team would be better. Going from EPL to MLS is a terrible move.
I agree the move is a step down but worth more to go home near his boy right?
Plus he's now a soccer coach and has been away from American Football for 3 years.

I do hear the USMNT needs a coach!

Users who are viewing this thread