What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Sundquist Bronco's GM discussing Den's RB's (1 Viewer)

Did C Portis ruin it for T Bell in Denver? 5.3 yards per carry and not the starter? He looked too good last year to be regulated to virtually 3rd string status especially if hes healthy. This just doesn't make sense.

:confused:
There's alot more to being an NFL running back than just yards per carry.Anderson has better hands out of the backfield, and, more importantly, is a WAY better blocker. No coach wants to lose his quarterback because his halfback forgot that he had blitz-pickup responsibilities.

As maybe people with a clue posted, the denver RB situation is a mess, period. I don't care where you drafted any of them, it was a bad pick. Someone posted they drafted all 3 RBs. *lol* What a waste of picks and roster spots.
1st year playing fantasy football?

Hm. Interesting. I have a question for PRS Guy or any other Denver homers that listen to this show: How has Sundquist's view of the RB situation changed over the last 3-6 months? Was he ever high on Bell? Does he have a history of flip-flopping? Why is he now down on Bell? Has he regressed? Or have the others just performed better in camp?

It's clear he likes Dayne, but I would like to know why. And, also, was he ever high on Bell, and, if so, why has that opinion changed?
First, thanks for all of the compliments everyone.Second, I have no idea if Sundquist's views have changed to be honest. If I had to guess, it would seem to me that he liked Anderson as the early favorite and knew he would be hard to beat out based purely on his recent comments. I think that perhaps they are internally a little disappointed with Bell's ability to do the little things that an NFL starter must do in addition to running fast. That said, I think it's fair to say that Dayne has looked as good as or better than Bell so far, so it's not much of a stretch to suggest that Sundquist is likely disappointed with Bell to a certain extent.

One post above made a good point that I have to agree with. Bell seems to be the change of pace back right now, and would likely continue in that role if Anderson were hurt. This means that Dayne may not see a snap for 4 weeks, while Bell comes in to relieve Anderson. The perception would become that they prefer Bell to Dayne, but I don’t think that is the case regarding the “starter” role. To finish my point, assume that in week 4 Anderson gets hurt, I can envision Dayne moving into the starter role and Bell now relieving Dayne rather than relieving Anderson.

This goes well beyond what I heard in the interview as Sundquist didn’t say that specifically, I’m just speculating and offering my :2cents:

I read this in a Mike Anderson and Dayne thread a few days ago...QUOTE(Nigel @ Sep 6 2005, 09:22 AM)I spoke on the phone last night to a starter on the Denver O-line - I grew up with him and he is getting me some stuff for a charity auction. In his words "Mike Anderson will be the man, he has looked awsome. Bell will spell him but for now Anderson will get most of the touches." He then added "The real surprise has been Ron Dayne. I don't know why he sucked in New York - nobody can tackle him in practice."Sounds like the great dayne is making some soild noise in Denver....

i am a bell owner, droughns is available, should i jump at getting him?
I am a Anderson owner and Droughns owners. Drounghs is my #6 RB(dynasty league). I am thinking abou offering the Suggs owner Droughns for Dayne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny to see all the Tater owners who refuse to admit he's not the man. Somehow they know more than the coach, the GM and the players. If it looks like a pig, acts like a pig and smells like a pig . . .

Funny to see all the Tater owners who refuse to admit he's not the man. Somehow they know more than the coach, the GM and the players.

If it looks like a pig, acts like a pig and smells like a pig . . .
Just curious, what were the coach, GM, and players saying about Q this time last year?I wouldn't gloat about this; it is far from set in stone....

[i am not a tater owner....]

IMO nearly EVERYBODY is overrating the DEN RBs. :banned: Still good, but DEN is on the downhill from it's dominant rushing attack. Is it any wonder that ATL led the NFL in rushing last year? Of course you can argue that Vick had a lot to do with that and I wouldn't disagree... has anyone but me noticed how much ATL's O-line is beginning to look like the DEN O-line of recent memory? Down to the LEG WHIPS! Does this have anything to do w/ little Gibbs leaving DEN to join ATL's staff? I see the line (on both sides of the ball) being the single biggest contrubutor to an offenses (or defenses) effectiveness. O-line coach from DEN to ATL. Dynasty guys, now is the time to get you $'s worth from your DEN RBs.

Funny to see all the Tater owners who refuse to admit he's not the man. Somehow they know more than the coach, the GM and the players.

No need to rub it in peoples faces. In fantasy football you take shots and make projections unless you are a mindless follower. Its hard to believe that Bell wont find his way onto the field. He seems like he is far more talented than all of the RB's on that team but hey Shanahan is the head coach not me.

First, Sundquist and the Denver brain trust outsmarted the entire NFL by scooping up Maurice. Next, they outsmarted the Giants organization by taking Dayne from it. The Giants gave Dayne every opportunity to succeed (almost 600 carries). I'm thinking that if Dayne had something, the Giants probably would have seen it. I could be wrong. We'll see.

No need to rub it in peoples faces. In fantasy football you take shots and make projections unless you are a mindless follower. Its hard to believe that Bell wont find his way onto the field. He seems like he is far more talented than all of the RB's on that team but hey Shanahan is the head coach not me.
Thats the thing, if he is all that and a bag of chips, it seems to me he has had ample time to become the man. He has not yet, there must be a reason.Like I said before, it is about picking up blitzes and poor blocking. MY guess (and it is just a guess) is that until Bell improves in those areas he will be the change of pace guy brought in to spell whoever is starting.

Funny to see all the Tater owners who refuse to admit he's not the man.  Somehow they know more than the coach, the GM and the players. 

I agree that it's far from over, but this Bell owner has essentially admitted the error of his ways. In fact, I picked up Dayne late in my draft after missing out on Anderson.I've mentioned this on other threads, but I'm seriously questioning the "more talented" label that has been placed upon Bell. Sure, he's got greater speed than Anderson or Dayne, but that's hardly the recipe for success as a RB. Obviously, receiving, blocking and durability are huge parts of the equation in order to stay on the field, and Bell seems to be deficient in these areas to date.

IMO nearly EVERYBODY is overrating the DEN RBs. :banned: Still good, but DEN is on the downhill from it's dominant rushing attack. Is it any wonder that ATL led the NFL in rushing last year? Of course you can argue that Vick had a lot to do with that and I wouldn't disagree... has anyone but me noticed how much ATL's O-line is beginning to look like the DEN O-line of recent memory? Down to the LEG WHIPS! Does this have anything to do w/ little Gibbs leaving DEN to join ATL's staff? I see the line (on both sides of the ball) being the single biggest contrubutor to an offenses (or defenses) effectiveness. O-line coach from DEN to ATL.

Dynasty guys, now is the time to get you $'s worth from your DEN RBs.
:lmao:

As a Bell owner, I have to admit this is pretty damning stuff. The way the ball was being distributed in preseason between Bell and Dayne hinted that something was going on. And Dayne looked pretty good running with adequate speed and much better power than Bell in those games.I'm going to seriously consider acquiring Dayne and dropping Bell before word of this gets out. There are too many signs pointing away from Bell being the guy if Anderson goes down.

As a Bell owner, I have to admit this is pretty damning stuff. The way the ball was being distributed in preseason between Bell and Dayne hinted that something was going on. And Dayne looked pretty good running with adequate speed and much better power than Bell in those games.

I'm going to seriously consider acquiring Dayne and dropping Bell before word of this gets out. There are too many signs pointing away from Bell being the guy if Anderson goes down.
Dude, don't fall for the preseason hype. You'll be extremely disappointed if you drop Bell for Dayne and someone else scoops up Bell.Bell has yet to prove he can't be a successful NFL RB. Dayne has proven it over and over and over and over and over...

Bell has yet to prove he can't be a successful NFL RB. Dayne has proven it over and over and over and over and over...
I would say that the fact that he can't beat out an older, slower full-back for the starting job says something...And talk around Denver is that the Donkeys organization strongly feel that Dayne was not put in the right environment to succeed, and that he can thrive in Denver.

Are they right? I don't know. I do know that Shanny is a much better evaluator of RB talant than I am.

I am not a Broncos Fan nor did I draft any Broncos this year. Not that I wouldn't, just didn't.

Did C Portis ruin it for T Bell in Denver? 5.3 yards per carry and not the starter? He looked too good last year to be regulated to virtually 3rd string status especially if hes healthy. This just doesn't make sense.

As the entire Denver Broncos organization has said year after year after year, the 5 yard runs are far more important than the 60 yard runs. Denver's offense is about sustaining drives, not hitting the home run and then going 3 and out. Denver's offense is a much better fit for a guy with a 4.5 yard per carry and low standard deviation than a guy with a 5.3 yard per carry and a high standard deviation. That's just how it works.Seriously, this is how you predict every time who is going to be more successful in the Denver backfield. You look at all the guys in the backfield, and you predict who will get the most 5 yard runs. That guy is going to be "the guy". Simple.

Also, Gibbs' blocking scheme favors between-the-tackle runners.

IMO nearly EVERYBODY is overrating the DEN RBs. :banned: Still good, but DEN is on the downhill from it's dominant rushing attack. Is it any wonder that ATL led the NFL in rushing last year? Of course you can argue that Vick had a lot to do with that and I wouldn't disagree... has anyone but me noticed how much ATL's O-line is beginning to look like the DEN O-line of recent memory? Down to the LEG WHIPS! Does this have anything to do w/ little Gibbs leaving DEN to join ATL's staff? I see the line (on both sides of the ball) being the single biggest contrubutor to an offenses (or defenses) effectiveness. O-line coach from DEN to ATL.

First off, Denver's offensive line doesn't do leg whips. That was the 49ers offensive line during their dynasty years. Denver's offensive line cut blocks. Get your offensive line biases straight.Second, Denver didn't lead the league in rushing last season. You're absolutely correct. Actually, they were 4th in rushing yardage. Clearly they're no longer an elite rushing offense. Quick guys, go out and draft the 28 offenses that Denver outrushed last year ahead of them!

Let's be serious here. Denver turned their 5th string RB into the #14 fantasy rusher last season- although he only played 12 games. They've still got it. Trust me.

Also, Gibbs hasn't been Denver's O-line coach since 2000. Just a little bit of information that a lot of people seem to overlook.

Seriously, here's a link to Yudkin's article about RB productivity by team: http://www.footballguys.com/05yudkin_rbproduction.htm

Over the last 3 seasons, Denver has been 2nd in carries, 2nd in touches, 1st in rush yards, 3rd in total yards, 2nd in TDs, 3rd in fantasy points, 4th in fantasy points per touch. Yes, this is clearly a rushing situation to steer clear of. :rolleyes:

As a Bell owner, I have to admit this is pretty damning stuff. The way the ball was being distributed in preseason between Bell and Dayne hinted that something was going on. And Dayne looked pretty good running with adequate speed and much better power than Bell in those games.

I'm going to seriously consider acquiring Dayne and dropping Bell before word of this gets out. There are too many signs pointing away from Bell being the guy if Anderson goes down.
Dude, don't fall for the preseason hype. You'll be extremely disappointed if you drop Bell for Dayne and someone else scoops up Bell.Bell has yet to prove he can't be a successful NFL RB. Dayne has proven it over and over and over and over and over...
Tommy - to be honest, I wish I hadn't touched the Denver backfield with a ten foot pole. I'd love to wash my hands of the whole situation if given the chance. But, I learn from my past mistakes and I was one of the guys who refused to believe that Griffin wasn't the guy last year after that first game. I was slow on the uptake (which is unusual for me) and lost Droughns as a result. I don't have to get beaten over the head. I'm not making the same mistake this time. The GM is telling you Dayne is the guy. Skeletor has praised the guy to death and he loves reclaimation projects. Do the math. Dayne is the #2 and they'll reshuffle the depth charts if Anderson gets hurt to reflect that.

As a Bell owner, I have to admit this is pretty damning stuff.  The way the ball was being distributed in preseason between Bell and Dayne hinted that something was going on.    And Dayne looked pretty good running with adequate speed and much better power than Bell in those games.

I'm going to seriously consider acquiring Dayne and dropping Bell before word of this gets out.  There are too many signs pointing away from Bell being the guy if Anderson goes down.
Tommy - to be honest, I wish I hadn't touched the Denver backfield with a ten foot pole. I'd love to wash my hands of the whole situation if given the chance. But, I learn from my past mistakes and I was one of the guys who refused to believe that Griffin wasn't the guy last year after that first game. I was slow on the uptake (which is unusual for me) and lost Droughns as a result. I don't have to get beaten over the head. I'm not making the same mistake this time. The GM is telling you Dayne is the guy. Skeletor has praised the guy to death and he loves reclaimation projects. Do the math. Dayne is the #2 and they'll reshuffle the depth charts if Anderson gets hurt to reflect that.
Completely agree, I have picked up Dayne in almost all my leagues...especially if I had Mike Anderson already on the roster.

As the entire Denver Broncos organization has said year after year after year, the 5 yard runs are far more important than the 60 yard runs. Denver's offense is about sustaining drives, not hitting the home run and then going 3 and out. Denver's offense is a much better fit for a guy with a 4.5 yard per carry and low standard deviation than a guy with a 5.3 yard per carry and a high standard deviation. That's just how it works.Seriously, this is how you predict every time who is going to be more successful in the Denver backfield. You look at all the guys in the backfield, and you predict who will get the most 5 yard runs. That guy is going to be "the guy". Simple.

First off, Denver's offensive line doesn't do leg whips. That was the 49ers offensive line during their dynasty years. Denver's offensive line cut blocks. Get your offensive line biases straight.Second, Denver didn't lead the league in rushing last season. You're absolutely correct. Actually, they were 4th in rushing yardage. Clearly they're no longer an elite rushing offense. Quick guys, go out and draft the 28 offenses that Denver outrushed last year ahead of them!

Let's be serious here. Denver turned their 5th string RB into the #14 fantasy rusher last season- although he only played 12 games. They've still got it. Trust me.

Also, Gibbs hasn't been Denver's O-line coach since 2000. Just a little bit of information that a lot of people seem to overlook.

Seriously, here's a link to Yudkin's article about RB productivity by team: http://www.footballguys.com/05yudkin_rbproduction.htm

Over the last 3 seasons, Denver has been 2nd in carries, 2nd in touches, 1st in rush yards, 3rd in total yards, 2nd in TDs, 3rd in fantasy points, 4th in fantasy points per touch. Yes, this is clearly a rushing situation to steer clear of. :rolleyes:
There you go, ruining a potentially entertaining argument with research and useful information. WTF were you thinking? :o

First off, Denver's offensive line doesn't do leg whips. That was the 49ers offensive line during their dynasty years. Denver's offensive line cut blocks. Get your offensive line biases straight.

Second, Denver didn't lead the league in rushing last season. You're absolutely correct. Actually, they were 4th in rushing yardage. Clearly they're no longer an elite rushing offense. Quick guys, go out and draft the 28 offenses that Denver outrushed last year ahead of them!

As a Mike Anderson and Ron Dayne owner but not a Tatum Bell owner, I love this guy! I have no idea if he's right, but I drank the coolaid on Dayne because of this thread alone. Go SSOG! I'm with ya buddy!

Even as a Bell owner who drank the Kool Aid by the gallon :bag: , this news doesn't really surprise me if you think about all of the signs that we saw this summer. I'm just glad I was able to listen to some of the inside DEN guys on this site and grabbed Anderson/Dayne early before any of this leaked out...This is what FF is all about. What do you do with your late picks and FA pickups. For those that say "I'm not going anywhere near the DEN running game" really miss out year to year...With that said, let's see how this all pans out. Will Mr. Anderson hold up for 16 games? :shrug: :banned:

IMO nearly EVERYBODY is overrating the DEN RBs. :banned:   Still good, but DEN is on the downhill from it's dominant rushing attack.  Is it any wonder that ATL led the NFL in rushing last year?  Of course you can argue that Vick had a lot to do with that and I wouldn't disagree... has anyone but me noticed how much ATL's O-line is beginning to look like the DEN O-line of recent memory?  Down to the LEG WHIPS!  Does this have anything to do w/ little Gibbs leaving DEN to join ATL's staff?  I see the line (on both sides of the ball) being the single biggest contrubutor to an offenses (or defenses) effectiveness.  O-line coach from DEN to ATL. 

I'll play Devil's Advocate here and say BOTH of these views are right.Yes, the Broncos have been a dominant running team. But there numbers have also been declining. In the last 3 seasons, they went 437, 404.3, and 361.5 in terms of fantasy points scored by their RB.

Here were the teams that were better last year . . .

KC 499.6

NYJ 395.8

SD 372.8

NE 368.9

NYG 363.4

That's it. And now you can see why I've been pimping the Chiefs RBs.

So now considering what's happened to Anderson, is it Dayne that we go to? or Bell? Based on what the GM says, it seems to be Dayne.. :popcorn:

So now considering what's happened to Anderson, is it Dayne that we go to? or Bell? Based on what the GM says, it seems to be Dayne..

:popcorn:
If MA cant play I say Dayne gets the start.Bell could not score from less than 3 yards out 5 times. He fumbled. He missed blitzing players.

It was Bells opportunity to win the job. All he did was re-enforce the things Shanny feels he is lacking.

So now considering what's happened to Anderson, is it Dayne that we go to? or Bell? Based on what the GM says, it seems to be Dayne..

If MA cant play I say Dayne gets the start.Bell could not score from less than 3 yards out 5 times. He fumbled. He missed blitzing players.

It was Bells opportunity to win the job. All he did was re-enforce the things Shanny feels he is lacking.
I think so as well.. So many people on this board seems to think Bell will get his shot next week... But when you actually listen to what the organization has been saying.. all indications say it will be Dayne. Especially when you look at Bell's performance on the goalline

I think so as well.. So many people on this board seems to think Bell will get his shot next week... But when you actually listen to what the organization has been saying.. all indications say it will be Dayne. Especially when you look at Bell's performance on the goalline
I listen closely to what the organization says. They spoke very LOUDLY and very CLEARLY yesterday when they told Ron Dayne not to bother dressing out.

I listen closely to what the organization says. They spoke very LOUDLY and very CLEARLY yesterday when they told Ron Dayne not to bother dressing out.
You are kidding right? He didn't want to dress 3 RB's, and in hindsight that was a mistake. I bet he wishes he had Dayne in there on 4th and goal from the 1.... twice.Even if MA comes back to start next week Dayne will be in uni. Count on it.

Hm.  Interesting.  I have a question for PRS Guy or any other Denver homers that listen to this show: How has Sundquist's view of the RB situation changed over the last 3-6 months?  Was he ever high on Bell?  Does he have a history of flip-flopping?  Why is he now down on Bell?  Has he regressed?  Or have the others just performed better in camp?

It's clear he likes Dayne, but I would like to know why.  And, also, was he ever high on Bell, and, if so, why has that opinion changed?
just wondering, how was the Giants running game a bad situation for Dayne.
The explanations I've read are that the Giants wanted Dayne to run like Stephen Davis, which is to say lower his shoulder, cut it up inside, and slam into a tackler while falling forward for 4-5 yards. This appears to have been based purely upon his size. In reality, Dayne is more of a shifty runner, in the Jerome Bettis mold, and he has surprising speed for his size which causes would-be tacklers to take bad lines to him, allowing him to shed arm tackles. So instead of essentially assigning him a hole and using him as a battering ram, Denver wants to zone block and allow him to pick where to cut upfield.

Hm.  Interesting.  I have a question for PRS Guy or any other Denver homers that listen to this show: How has Sundquist's view of the RB situation changed over the last 3-6 months?  Was he ever high on Bell?  Does he have a history of flip-flopping?  Why is he now down on Bell?  Has he regressed?  Or have the others just performed better in camp?

It's clear he likes Dayne, but I would like to know why.  And, also, was he ever high on Bell, and, if so, why has that opinion changed?
The explanations I've read are that the Giants wanted Dayne to run like Stephen Davis, which is to say lower his shoulder, cut it up inside, and slam into a tackler while falling forward for 4-5 yards. This appears to have been based purely upon his size. In reality, Dayne is more of a shifty runner, in the Jerome Bettis mold, and he has surprising speed for his size which causes would-be tacklers to take bad lines to him, allowing him to shed arm tackles. So instead of essentially assigning him a hole and using him as a battering ram, Denver wants to zone block and allow him to pick where to cut upfield.
The Bus is not shifty. He's exactly the type of rb Dayne is not.

And Bell was very LOUD and CLEAR about how terrible a redzone back he can be. Bell, once again, had a chance to make a case for himself, and he didn't.. expect dayne to start next week..

As his career has advanced, he's gotten to be more of a pure power RB. That wasn't always the case.

As his career has advanced, he's gotten to be more of a pure power RB. That wasn't always the case.
He was never confused with Sanders but ok.Dayne was always tried as a short yardage specialist and from what I've read that's the one thing he's not. So if Bell is being replaced in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards and Dayne was let go in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards, who's next?

Dayne was always tried as a short yardage specialist and from what I've read that's the one thing he's not. So if Bell is being replaced in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards and Dayne was let go in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards, who's next?
Don't know how to answer your question directly, but it sure speaks well about Anderson's job security and goalline value when he's healthy, no?

He was never confused with Sanders but ok.Dayne was always tried as a short yardage specialist and from what I've read that's the one thing he's not. So if Bell is being replaced in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards and Dayne was let go in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards, who's next?
If Dayne comes in it will not be as a short yardage specialist. IT will be to get 4 yards every carry which is what they are trying to use Anderson to get.That being said, and past failure aside, in a short yardage situation the smarter money is still on Dayne over Bell. It isn't a gimmie but Dayne can move the line, Bell clearly can't.

He was never confused with Sanders but ok.

Dayne was always tried as a short yardage specialist and from what I've read that's the one thing he's not.  So if Bell is being replaced in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards and Dayne was let go in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards, who's next?
If Dayne comes in it will not be as a short yardage specialist. IT will be to get 4 yards every carry which is what they are trying to use Anderson to get.That being said, and past failure aside, in a short yardage situation the smarter money is still on Dayne over Bell.It isn't a gimmie but Dayne can move the line, Bell clearly can't.
What has Dayne EVER done to show you might be able to move a line? Bell has a ways to go until he flops as much as Dayne has.

Dayne was always tried as a short yardage specialist and from what I've read that's the one thing he's not.  So if Bell is being replaced in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards and Dayne was let go in part because he couldn't pick up the short yards, who's next?
If Dayne comes in it will not be as a short yardage specialist. IT will be to get 4 yards every carry which is what they are trying to use Anderson to get.That being said, and past failure aside, in a short yardage situation the smarter money is still on Dayne over Bell.It isn't a gimmie but Dayne can move the line, Bell clearly can't.
What has Dayne EVER done to show you might be able to move a line? Bell has a ways to go until he flops as much as Dayne has.
As I said before, The Broncos as a whole believe Dayne is much better than his career indicates.I am not saying they are right or wrong, just that they think he is. That alone is enough to know that Dayne will get the start over Bell. Yesterdays performance just solidified it.

As I said before, The Broncos as a whole believe Dayne is much better than his career indicates.I am not saying they are right or wrong, just that they think he is. That alone is enough to know that Dayne will get the start over Bell. Yesterdays performance just solidified it.
I'm not arguing Dayne has a good chance to start. But he's never been a good short distance runner so I don't see how he'll fix their problem much. MA is the guy to trade for.Edit to ask if Maurice is now kicking himself. :popcorn:

Great Stuff!!!!!!

I drafted Mike Anderson and missed out on Tatum, and caught absolute crap about it. But took a flyer on Dayne late in the draft. This is great news.

Thanks
LOL you happened to end up with the starters of the Denver Broncos even though you didn't realize it.

I'm not arguing Dayne has a good chance to start. But he's never been a good short distance runner so I don't see how he'll fix their problem much. MA is the guy to trade for.

Edit to ask if Maurice is now kicking himself. :popcorn:
MA is the man, we all know that. I thought this was a "who starts if MA can't?" discussion.The answer is clearly Dayne.

I'm not arguing Dayne has a good chance to start.  But he's never been a good short distance runner so I don't see how he'll fix their problem much.  MA is the guy to trade for.

Edit to ask if Maurice is now kicking himself.  :popcorn:
MA is the man, we all know that. I thought this was a "who starts if MA can't?" discussion.The answer is clearly Dayne.
I honestly wonder how effective he'll be though. I'm not as high on him as I was hours ago. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking he'll be as big a flop as Bell. Am I overthinking this?

I'm not arguing Dayne has a good chance to start. But he's never been a good short distance runner so I don't see how he'll fix their problem much. MA is the guy to trade for.Edit to ask if Maurice is now kicking himself. :popcorn:
I don't understand how you can say if Dayne is, or isn't the answer if you haven't seem him in action yet... and don't bring up his days in NY, that was a totally different situation.. all we have to go on is camp/pre-season production, and everything i've read has been positive about the guy...And i don't know why we're second guessing denver management about the RB situation right now, I would think they'd know a thing or two about who is the guy for the job in that backfield

MA is the man, we all know that. I thought this was a "who starts if MA can't?" discussion.

The answer is clearly Dayne.
The answer is there is no answer right now. Anyone who thinks they know for sure here on Monday morning is wrong...even if they end up being right.

I'm not arguing Dayne has a good chance to start.  But he's never been a good short distance runner so I don't see how he'll fix their problem much.  MA is the guy to trade for.

Edit to ask if Maurice is now kicking himself.   :popcorn:
I honestly wonder how effective he'll be though. I'm not as high on him as I was hours ago. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking he'll be as big a flop as Bell. Am I overthinking this?
I don't think he will be quite as effective as MA because he does not have the ability to break one for 60 yards. I don't even know that he will be more effective than Bell would be from a productivity stand point, because Bell is the better runner.That being said, because Dayne can block well and pick up Blitzes he will be the one in the game. And the Denver starter is more effective than 90% of NFL RB's fantasy wise on most Sundays, regardless of who that starter is.

I would not bench a top tier RB for Dayne, but I would bench a Kevin Jones or a Brian Westbrook if Dayne is named the starter.

Denver got owned at the line yesterday, Shanny wont let that happen again.

MA is the man, we all know that. I thought this was a "who starts if MA can't?" discussion.

The answer is clearly Dayne.
The answer is there is no answer right now. Anyone who thinks they know for sure here on Monday morning is wrong...even if they end up being right.
Did you read the article at the beginning of this post? The one where Denvers GM says "If Anderson can't start, Dayne is the starter"?

Users who are viewing this thread