What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teddy Lehman (1 Viewer)

The Lions are yet another team (3 of 4 in the NFC North alone now) moving to the Tampa-2 this season.

Teddy Lehman has the skill set to play either the Mike or Will position in this defense. Generally speaking, the Will backer is the best fantasy producer in this scheme, but as last year showed, a good Mike can be a productive fantasy asset as well.

For those of you in dynasty leagues, pay very close attention to who earns the Will job in Min and Det (the Mike job as well). If they have the skill set to play the position (and Lehman does) there's no reason not to expect strong LB2 numbers or better from them.

And while I'm thinking of places to look for dynasty talent this offseason...

The Ravens are going to draft a big safety at some point in this draft. They've got no one to fill the Doug Plank role in their 46 fronts. Demps, despite being solid in run support, was too small at 205 to handle the role. If you see a 225 lb safety who gets knocked for his coverage abilities but is strong in run support drafted by Baltimore - read Darnell Bing or Greg Blue - watch out. It may be a season before that guy makes a splash, but get him and pray the Ravens play well enough that the coaching staff keeps their job into 2007.

OK, this story is over a month old so take with a grain of salt. There has been some speculation that Boss Bailey could move to the middle. I am not sure if I am buying it. But I am also hedging because I have acquired Bailey in a couple leagues.

--Since his arrival three years ago, Boss Bailey has been the Lions' strong-side linebacker, but that could change under the system coach Rod Marinelli and defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson have in mind.

Henderson, the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets the past two seasons, likes linebackers who can run and widen the field against opposing running backs, and that means the Lions' linebackers could face a complete reshuffling for 2006.

"I'm not going to go into the entire scheme because it's complex," Millen said, "but Boss could play the middle. He could also be on the weak side or stay on the strong side. All of our linebackers could play any of the three positions. We'll have to settle on where we want them."

Last year's alignment found Bailey at the strong side (until he was injured and went to injured reserve), with James Davis at the weak side and Earl Holmes in the middle. Teddy Lehman and Alex Lewis, two more fast, athletic linebackers, missed virtually the entire season with injuries.
http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl_team_rpts/200.../around-DET.php

Lions | Lehman unable to do any work

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:21:28 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said LB Teddy Lehman (foot) is unable to do any work during the team's minicamp because of his foot injury. Marinelli said Lehman is still recovering from the injury. Marinelli said he had no time projection for Lehman's return.

Lions | Lehman unable to do any work

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:21:28 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said LB Teddy Lehman (foot) is unable to do any work during the team's minicamp because of his foot injury. Marinelli said Lehman is still recovering from the injury. Marinelli said he had no time projection for Lehman's return.
get used to that kind of update. he's the definition of injury prone.

Users who are viewing this thread