What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Telephone Pole (see what I did there/) (1 Viewer)

What percentage of call that 6you receive are robocalls?

• none

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • less than 10

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • 11-25

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • 26-50

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • 50-74

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • 75+

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters
I seldom answer my phone anymore, unless I recognize the number. Well over half the calls I receive are robocalls

I probably answer 25% of the time and I’d say 75% of the time it’s a robo-call

if it’s an 800 number I’m probably not answering unless I’m expecting a call from an agency or something 

also don’t answer any calls that look to be spoofed (same area code and prefix which nobody else I know has)

Out of state area code probably not answering 

local area codes I’ll take a chance 

Also with work phone even if I think it’s legitimate I rarely answer because I don’t want to be blindsided 

Robocalls are driving me insane.
I get a lot of robocalls and RE marketing spam calls.

I input everyone into my phone, even if its the owner of a home I'm showing.

I don't answer it unless there is a name 98% of the time.  I answered two this week that were in my area code, thinking they might be calls on my listing. Nope. Robo.

I instruct everyone to leave a message and I'll get right back to them, and if you've never called me before, please leave me your info or text me.

It's worked very well for five years.

If you aren't in my contact list, I'm not answering. If you aren't and you don't leave a message, I won't answer next time your number shows up either. It has served me well. Never missed an important call.

I recently switched to T-Mobile from AT&T. Honestly, the AT&T service was mediocre and I haven’t noticed any real drop in performance, with my bill being $60 less a month.

I mention this bc on the first day I switched, I noticed something awesome on T-Mobile. On a lot of random numbers the caller ID says “scam likely.” I love that feature.

Answer to question #2 depends on which phone we are talking about.  My cell phone - very few robocalls... less than 10%.  My house phone - way too many robocalls... probably around 50-60%

I recently switched to T-Mobile from AT&T. Honestly, the AT&T service was mediocre and I haven’t noticed any real drop in performance, with my bill being $60 less a month.

I mention this bc on the first day I switched, I noticed something awesome on T-Mobile. On a lot of random numbers the caller ID says “scam likely.” I love that feature.
Have this feature on ATT. Works great. 

Still get a ton that aren't marked as SPAM. Also have been getting a fee lately that leave messages. Those piss me off because since they left a message I worry it was legit.  

I seldom answer my phone anymore, unless I recognize the number. Well over half the calls I receive are robocalls
I take a LOT of calls.

Even so I'm inclined to say I don't answer them unless recognized.

Or perhaps more accurately I've come to recognize robocalls.  I get up to a dozen a day.

Still get a ton that aren't marked as SPAM. Also have been getting a fee lately that leave messages. Those piss me off because since they left a message I worry it was legit.  
I have never once seen this, on att.  How do I activate?

I never saw it on AT&T. My service was meh with them and no difference on T-Mobile. I’m happy I made the switch. I kinda dislike AT&T as a brand anyways.

If I get a call on my cell phone from a number that I do not recognize and they do not leave a message, I block the number.
I'll give them two shots before the block but that's because I deactivated voicemail, which was a fantastic decision. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I answer a number I don't recognize zero percent of the time, and one I do (including work calls) about 5% of the time.  I rarely get a robocall; I just don't want to talk to people.  I've trained everyone I know to email or text me.
:kicksrock:

I'll give them two shots before the block but that's because I deactivated voicemail, which was a fantastic decision. 
I don’t answer my phone unless they are in my contact list. Out of State and no message is an instant-block. I’ll google “local” phone numbers and block accordingly (which is most times). Clearly it’s not important if you aren’t leaving a message. 

There are quite a few apps for android that will ID spam calls. Some are better than others. Pretty easy to find the reviews. So if you phone company doesn't provide one, they are easy enough to get.

The worst is pausing the tv/reading/eating/lovemaking and getting up to find the phone, only to find out its spam, whether I answer it or not

I picked up the phone a year or two ago. My friend: "Holy ####. You picked up." 

Of course I did, friend. You called and were in my contact list. 

This has gotten absurd. It's like Miss Manners and calling cards just to talk. 

Miss Manners, by the way, was not a fan of the telephone.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst is pausing the tv/reading/eating/lovemaking and getting up to find the phone, only to find out its spam, whether I answer it or not
If I'm having the sechs with Mrs. Servo, not even a volcanic eruption is going to interrupt me.

Users who are viewing this thread