What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrell Suggs (1 Viewer)

GridironMenace

Footballguy
Never thought it would happen, but it finally has. Rotoworld has changed Terrell Suggs' positional eligibility from DE to OLB. Only a matter of time until MFL now follows suit. Suggs loses a ton of value with this news.

Never thought it would happen, but it finally has. Rotoworld has changed Terrell Suggs' positional eligibility from DE to OLB. Only a matter of time until MFL now follows suit. Suggs loses a ton of value with this news.
Nooo!. Someone say it isnt so :shock:

Should we hold on to Suggs with a wait and see if his classification holds or try to trade him before others find out about the reclassification?

Should we hold on to Suggs with a wait and see if his classification holds or try to trade him before others find out about the reclassification?
Im trying to trade now. This designation thing is going to be an ongoing event I think as he ages and they try different things to keep him involved.I rejected a first roudner for him last year. Ugh.Now I am struggling to get Bruce Irvin for him.

On one hand, this is troubling because I own him in a couple leagues.On the other hand, in my biggest dynasty money league my "archnemesis", and resident Ravens' jock swinger, has been abusing the DE classification on for Suggs for years(we all know he's a LB, Baltimore) whilst rubbing it in people's faces. I am going to enjoy drinking his tears more than I'm going to dislike having to make hard decisions about him in those two other leagues.Yes, I realize that's makes me petty as hell. I'm cool with it.However, doesn't rotoworld do a "final adjustment" on this kind of stuff right before the season starts? Could've swore rookies have went into camp at one position and been classified as the other after TCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand, this is troubling because I own him in a couple leagues.On the other hand, in my biggest dynasty money league my "archnemesis", and resident Ravens' jock swinger, has been abusing the DE classification on for Suggs for years(we all know he's a LB, Baltimore) whilst rubbing it in people's faces. I am going to enjoy drinking his tears more than I'm going to dislike having to make hard decisions about him in those two other leagues.Yes, I realize that's makes me petty as hell. I'm cool with it.However, doesn't rotoworld do a "final adjustment" on this kind of stuff right before the season starts? Could've swore rookies have went into camp at one position and been classified as the other after TCs.
IIRC they adjust it 2-3 times during the offseason.

has been abusing the DE classification on for Suggs for years(we all know he's a LB, Baltimore)
I wouldn't say he is abusing the DE classification at all. I am not sure of the snap count at this time, but back when Suggs was franchised, he played more plays at DE than LB.
Suggs challenged his designation as a franchise linebacker by claiming he had more snaps as a defensive end than he did at linebacker last season.
The settlement, which is being finalized by lawyers for the NFLPA and the Management Council, creates a new position in franchise designations -- a defensive end-linebacker. Once the paperwork is completed later this week, Suggs, designated as a franchise linebacker, will be re-designated as a defensive end-linebacker, and his one-year franchise tender will increase from $8.065 million to around $8.5 million.
The new position doesn't officially have a name. It could be called "defensive end-linebacker." It could be called hybrid for the players who move between defensive end and linebacker during the course of games.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3394771

I understand why players like Jabaal Sheard or Demarcus Ware have a position switch (new defensive scheme). Ditto with Mario Williams each of the past two off seasons or a player like Aaron Kampman five years ago.However, nothing has changed in Baltimore's scheme and there is really no reason to change Suggs' IDP designation IMO. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen...just that I don't see the reason to do so. Changing something just to change it doesn't make much sense unless it's supported with a defensive scheme switch, new player acquisition where a position switch occurs, or a solid statistically supported reason for doing so.

I understand why players like Jabaal Sheard or Demarcus Ware have a position switch (new defensive scheme). Ditto with Mario Williams each of the past two off seasons or a player like Aaron Kampman five years ago.However, nothing has changed in Baltimore's scheme and there is really no reason to change Suggs' IDP designation IMO. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen...just that I don't see the reason to do so. Changing something just to change it doesn't make much sense unless it's supported with a defensive scheme switch, new player acquisition where a position switch occurs, or a solid statistically supported reason for doing so.
He just wants more money

Has always been listed as LB at nfl.com, which is what both my Dynasty leagues use. Sheard and Smith are listed at DE as of now. Not hard to make a position changes on MFL

He just wants more money
So does Jared Cook, I doubt he'll be listed as a WR next season.

My league allows me to keep a player at the position they were when I acquired them, so as long as he's on my team he'll be a DL (as is Robert Mathis). That said, if I were to trade either now, as they are currently listed as a LB, they would be a LB for the next team, so their trade value is next to nothing.That said, would Suggs be considered a top 5 DL in redraft? Mathis maybe still a top 10-15ish?

He just wants more money
Defensive end numbers are higher.

I was able to get Greg Jennings and a 2013 second round pick 5 for Suggs in one league. I'm working on a trade in another league.

Suggs has now been moved to "LB" on MFL. Shucks.

Not sure what has changed this offseason for Rotoworld to change their position of him.

Not sure what has changed this offseason for Rotoworld to change their position of him.
As expected, the same thing happened with Brandon Graham. I ended the season thinking I had two top DL's in Suggs and Graham and I'm now left with two LB4/5's. I can't trade them, so is there any chance they get changed back to DL's before the beginning of the season or is time to cut them?

• BAL: Terrell Suggs from DE to LB
  • BAL: Chris Canty from DT to DE
  • BAL: Deangelo Tyson from DE to DT
  • BAL: Elvis Dumervil from DE to LB
  • BAL: Corey Graham from S to CB
  • BUF: Alex Carrington from DT to DE
  • BUF: Arthur Moats from LB to DE
  • CAR: Mario Addison from LB to DE
  • CLE: Paul Kruger from DE to LB
  • DAL: Demarcus Ware from LB to DE
  • DAL: Anthony Spencer from LB to DE
  • DAL: Cameron Sheffield from LB to DE
  • DAL: Jason Hatcher from DE to DT
  • DAL: Sean Lissemore from DE to DT
  • DAL: Ben Bass from DE to DT
  • IND: Lawrence Sidbury from DE to LB
  • IND: Ricky Jean-Francois from DT to DE
  • NE : Rob Ninkovich from LB to DE
  • NE : Brandon Deaderick from DT to DE
  • NE : Devin McCourty from CB to S
  • NO : Greg Romeus from DE to LB
  • NYG: Mathias Kiwanuka from LB to DE
  • NYJ: Garrett McIntyre from DE to LB
  • NYJ: Ricky Sapp from DE to LB
  • PHI: James Casey from RB to TE
  • PHI: Fletcher Cox from DT to DE
  • PHI: Cedric Thornton from DT to DE
  • PHI: Trent Cole from DE to LB
  • PHI: Brandon Graham from DE to LB
  • PHI: Phillip Hunt from DE to LB
  • WAS: Darryl Tapp from DE to LB
  • WAS: Jerome Murphy from CB to S

Glad my league allows me to keep any player at the position they were when I acquired them! Suggs and Mathis both as DLs?! Yes please!

As expected, the same thing happened with Brandon Graham. I ended the season thinking I had two top DL's in Suggs and Graham and I'm now left with two LB4/5's. I can't trade them, so is there any chance they get changed back to DL's before the beginning of the season or is time to cut them?
No, because they both are OLB in a 3-4

I think Mario will stay as a DE. Its Ware that I'm wondering about. MFL still has him at DE though Rotoword has him at DE now

Users who are viewing this thread