What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tevin Coleman, SF (1 Viewer)

is freeman droppable?
Was he ever pickupable?
yes he was drafted in every one of my leagues. Was he actually undrafted in any of yours?
No. But I avoided him like the plague. As with anything else, league size, roster restrictions, available players, etc. all come into play, but this guy will need a Coleman injury to be anything more relevant the a RB3 what the heck flex with only the most primo matchup.

is freeman droppable?
Was he ever pickupable?
yes he was drafted in every one of my leagues. Was he actually undrafted in any of yours?
No. But I avoided him like the plague. As with anything else, league size, roster restrictions, available players, etc. all come into play, but this guy will need a Coleman injury to be anything more relevant the a RB3 what the heck flex with only the most primo matchup.
Pretty sure you would have taken him in the 16th round if he was there. He was draftable even if you hated him.

That being said, tough call on whether or not to drop him. Probably will.

I thought he looked solid, good burst, seemed to read things well.

That said, he went down easy. Didn't take but a touch to the legs to bring him down.

Still think he could have a nice year there with everyone tracking Julio.

Coleman is going to break some big runs. If he's getting 15+ touches a game his floor is pretty high and his ceiling is very high.

No clue if he'll continue to get those type of touches but can't think of a reason why he won't.

Looked good to me, very explosive through the hole, I can see why draftniks touted his big-play ability, although he still collapses as soon as he gets touched. If he can get the GL work, he would be RB2 with upside some weeks, but don't think he has shown enough to change the RBBC balance to get any better than that.

If someone wants to drop Freeman in PPR, I will happily pick him up. 10 rushes and 4 targets coming off hamstring injury and playing with the lead for most of the game may be garbage for you, but I will happily hold it on my bench. One Coleman injury and it's 20 rushes and 7 targets.

You guys saying he went don't easy I don't now what game you were watching I saw some absolutely bruising runs and runs where he got 4 yards where a lot of backs would've gotten 0 as he gets more comfortable in shannahan scheme the big runs will start happening reminds me of Clinton Portis

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may have missed the boat on this guy. He looked very good. The highlights I poured over don't show any of what I saw last night. I simply wonder if this is a case of a guy with good talent getting coached up at the NFL level. His lateral quickness was still a little lacking but I think his burst more than makes up for that. He looked like a vet running the ball.

I think I may have missed the boat on this guy. He looked very good. The highlights I poured over don't show any of what I saw last night. I simply wonder if this is a case of a guy with good talent getting coached up at the NFL level. His lateral quickness was still a little lacking but I think his burst more than makes up for that. He looked like a vet running the ball.
As a Skins fan, I can see some of Alfred Morris in him. Kyle Shanahan can mold Coleman into his version of Alf. Nothing flashy, but a guy that eats up yards and moves the chains.

I thought he looked pretty good. To answer the question above, if contact was made high, he did a good job of getting extra yards. But it seems as though he was tripped up very easily around the feet and legs, showing a lack of athleticism IMO. Definitely liked what I saw overall though.

Question is ....did he prove himself to the coaches?

Answer ...Yes
Exactly. I heard Dan Quinn on the radio last night, and he was very positive on Coleman. Thought Coleman looked good in practice the last couple weeks, thought it carried over into Monday's game. Didn't give any indication of negativity. The impression I got was "if it ain't broke don't fix it."Which I took to mean that we will still see a Coleman-Freeman split, where Freeman is more of a passing down back who occasionally spells Coleman on 1st/2nd down.

Coleman is going to break some big runs. If he's getting 15+ touches a game his floor is pretty high and his ceiling is very high.

No clue if he'll continue to get those type of touches but can't think of a reason why he won't.
Ryan throwing interceptions should mean more touches for Coleman.

As no surprise to myself, he looked real REAL good.

He is Demarco Murray. Maybe not as strong (yet) but a better burst and homerun ability.

It's palpable with the ball in his hands...you feel he could bust it at any moment.

Curious who you guys would consider starting him over this week?

In one league, he's a definite flex option for me, just trying to decide if he would be worth starting over Randle and/or Adams.

Just boarded this traded, trading Allen Robinson for Coleman. Now I have to decide if I start him over Chris Johnson in flex this week.

Is it worth trying to buy somewhat low on him before he has a huge breakout game? I'm debating on whether I should try and get him now before it's too late.

Ballsy, but not sure it's very wise. Coleman's upside remains capped by Freeman and overall sub-par line play.

In PPR, Latavius will outscore Coleman simply because he will get 5 dump-offs against a strong pass-rush.

Gore can easily give you two TDs and 100+ yards if the Colts dominate.

I'm considering starting him over Latavius
Me too. Might use the other as a flex. Coleman getting 20 carries last week was nice. It seems like atl really wants him to be their guy.
So you might start Coleman and use L.Murry as your flex? Or you might start Murray and use Coleman as your flex? Tough decision.
not quite like that. the flex guy has others to compete with and it's ppr.

Any locals heard a prognosis on how long he's out (if at all)?

Guy got carted off, and haven't seen any additional diagnosis since...

Romo owner has Coleman... might try to ship him Bridgewater for Coleman.

Strap the flak jacket on him and get him back out there.

What's worse than losing your shiny new rookie to a broken rib?

Playing against his backup who scores 3 TD's against you in 2 leagues.

What's worse than losing your shiny new rookie to a broken rib?

Playing against his backup who scores 3 TD's against you in 2 leagues.
That's going to change.
I didn't see the whole game, but what I saw looked like good Atlanta o-line play and bad Dallas defense. Think we missed an even bigger day from Coleman.
Both will likely be nothing more then a flex play once both healthy. WIth one out of the lineup, the other becomes a solid RB2. Will be very frustrating for owners of only one of them this year. Ride Freeman while you can.

Users who are viewing this thread