What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! - 5/23/2013 10P ET (1 Viewer)

As owners likely using MyFantasy League (MFL), what are your thoughts on the information that private chat being available to owners with apps (and right versions of apps)? If owners can see your private chat, it is useless for negotitions... and how much of a competitive balance concern would it be for you if third parties (teams in your league not involved in the trade) of trade offers were being sent your offers to/from another team?

Subject: How to spice up my league?

I am trying to introduce new ideas to my league, what is your input on the following:

- 2QB league (2nd QB as a flex)

- Separate IDP positions (DT / DE / LB / S / CB), do you know if MFL supports OLB and ILB?

- any other ideas

Thanks, love the show and cannot wait for draft season to start!!!

Myron

Any preliminary leans (outside of the FBG rankings) in terms of the Philadelphia Eagles backfield? I've got nothing in terms of arriving somewhere conclusively/with conviction.

We know what McCoy's talent is. We know Brown is talented from the stretch last year, but is pre-conditioned to fumble. Any rumblings that you might have heard/other leans at this point in trying to forecast the two of them? I'm not putting much (if any) emphasis on Felix Jones eating into either's potential touches/receptions. Right?

Thanks, guys!

Hey guys love the show. I'd like to know why Wildman has been slacking on his motorboating duties? Just kidding.

When it comes to where rookies are drafted? Like Dobson in the 2nd Rnd and Boyce in the 4th Rnd or AJ Jenkins in the 1st Rnd (2012) and Patton in the 4th Rnd (2013). Do coaches and orginizations have more allegiance to showcasing and giving the higher draft picks more of chance to start (more snaps?) Or do you think in general that doesn't matter to most coaches and Gm's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a long time since I posted a question. Q For Cecil: are you now more excited about Hillman or less?

Q for Jene Bramel: with Beason playing SLB do I just let him go in RFA for a 5th rd rookie draft or do I try to match and trade him for more. I know James Anderson was productive at SLB last year

Q: With the Seahawks trading for Percy Harvin and the Rams trading up for Austin, do you think that these moves are just two teams going after very talented players? Or do you think that perhaps these teams have seen a way to exploit a possible weakness in their division? Mainly, a major hole in the 49ers defense.

*BONUS QUESTION*

How does this affect your fantasy opinion of them (Harvin, Austin, 9ers D)? If at all.

Love the show!

My question is why havent the Broncos gone out and signed a veteran backup QB? It seems the team is primed for a Superbowl run but have a glaring hole behind Manning. As we have seen, QB's missing games has become commonplace and I would assume the Broncos go from an elite team to an average one with Osweiler.

Where would you put the over/under on number of games Manning plays in 2013? And if he does miss any game I would assume that starting any Denver WR's would be quite risky. Does this factor into your expectations or rankings (or am I just over-thinking)?

Thanks, you guys are the best!

I could use help with general draft strategy for 16 team league. How much higher do you rate QBs and TEs?

My league just expanded to 16 from 14 and switched from 3 keepers to 2 keepers. I've got Doug Martin and Jaamal Charles, so I'm set a RB, but 8 teams are keeping QBs so I'm wondering how soon do I pull the trigger on them or TEs mostly.

Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge.

Wondering about your thoughts re: Donald Jones as a late round stash pick, considering Danny Amendola's injury history. Seems to me there is a very real possibility that Jones steps in at some point this season and can produce 70-80% of Welker's production playing a similar role. His signing reminds me of when Welker was traded "under-the-radar" from the Dolphins back in '07.

I'll throw a couple questions at ya guys for tonight's show. Thanks for getting me through the doldrums of the work days guys!

1) Gotta half point PPR where I can keep three. League also has bonus points for long TDs. Can flex a third RB. Have Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Alf, and A-Rod. My third keeper comes down to Alf and A-Rod. Keepers don't cost a draft slot and I pick 7th in a snake. Using this scenario, what do you think of building a more balanced roster (ie. keeping a top QB) or loading up on RBs and filling other positions in the draft (ie. keeping all the RBs)? In essence, draft strategy for keeper leagues based on keepers?

2) Where's a good location to find ADP data for 2 QB leagues? How would you approach this type of league draft?

Thanks guys and keep on scrubbing that carpet and producing great podcasts.

I am a pessimistic Atlanta Falcons fan. How do you feel about the Atlanta offense this season given the lackluster offensive line play, especially considering Tyson Clabo was a cap casualty and is now in Miami? I am concerned Matt Ryan won't have enough time to get the ball downfield to Roddy and Julio.

Should we temper our expectations of the Atlanta skill players given the offensive line?

Thanks for your time and any insight you can provide.

I've come to realize how valuable this show is that I can't wait until Friday anymore. Going to be listening live for the first time tonight.

No specific question as its a bit late & there are already some great ones here. I'm particularly interested to hear discussion on the ones posted by Joemoney, Jacobo & halfdanish.

You guys make other podcasts look like amateur hour!

-Fertile Rams

ps-my father was a scout with the (then LA) Rams for 25 years but he's never taken FF, or my interest in it, seriously. I had him listen to a portion of the show from a week or 2 ago when you guys were discussing Cecil's (I believe it was) experiences at the Senior Bowl and other rookie/scouting specifics. After which, for the first time, I think he actually had some respect for this game I love & its connection with the game he loved.

Our long time league just added a 2nd QB starter. PPR, 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE. How would you approach the draft? Can I still wait on QB? Have the 5th pick, and an offer on the table for my 2nd and 3rd rounders for the 1st overall and a 4th rounder.

I've come to realize how valuable this show is that I can't wait until Friday anymore. Going to be listening live for the first time tonight.No specific question as its a bit late & there are already some great ones here. I'm particularly interested to hear discussion on the ones posted by Joemoney, Jacobo & halfdanish.You guys make other podcasts look like amateur hour!-Fertile Ramsps-my father was a scout with the (then LA) Rams for 25 years but he's never taken FF, or my interest in it, seriously. I had him listen to a portion of the show from a week or 2 ago when you guys were discussing Cecil's (I believe it was) experiences at the Senior Bowl and other rookie/scouting specifics. After which, for the first time, I think he actually had some respect for this game I love & its connection with the game he loved.
Wow, awesome! Thanks so much for the kind words and glad your dad liked the show!

Users who are viewing this thread