What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! 5/30/2013 10pm ET (1 Viewer)

Hello Cecil, I have a draft coming up where I don't pick until the 28th spot as I've traded all my picks away for 2014 selections.

Thinking about tight ends, many went off the board before the running backs and wideouts being taken in the top 10 of rookie drafts. Eifert was picked before every running back and receiver not named Tavon. Ertz was selected before all the rbs as well and went within 8 picks of consensus rookie first rounders Patterson, Hopkins, and Hunter. Kelce went before Keenan Allen and Markus Wheaton and only an handful of picks after Ball and Lacy.

Are we trying to fit square pegs into round holes here and missing out on the real value? If NFL front offices chose these TEs before all the backs and receivers, shouldn't we take note?

Statgrubby asks....

Okay guys.......rate this deal if you like puzzles.

12 teams 20 man rosters

I trade Hillman, Lamar Miller and my 3rd round pick

I get Victor Cruz ( I need a WR2 bad) , Mendenhall (I have Ryan Williams to give me the starter one way or another) and Locker to back up P.Manning. I get his 8th rounder

I need a second set of eyes on this one.

My line up would be something like this

Thanks guys. I really look forward to all these podcasts each week.

Statgrubby asks....

Okay guys.......rate this deal if you like puzzles.

12 teams 20 man rosters

I trade Hillman, Lamar Miller and my 3rd round pick

I get Victor Cruz ( I need a WR2 bad) , Mendenhall (I have Ryan Williams to give me the starter one way or another) and Locker to back up P.Manning. I get his 8th rounder

I need a second set of eyes on this one.

My line up would be something like this

Thanks guys. I really look forward to all these podcasts each week.
That's a steal of VC by himself..

Hey Guys! Love the Show!!

Just got a look at the Sneak Peak screen screen shots Dodds posted today for the new Draft GM Apps.

All I can say is - Holy "shut your mouth"

Looks awesome!!!

I am a long time dominator advocate.

If you have had an opportunity to test drive can you give some feedback? Seems like the next generation dominator.

Any compare/contrast opportunities between DD and Draft GM.

Do you know if the new app will have mock capability?

Will this replace DD or be another tool in the FBG arsenal?

Thanks Much

I was wondering what your guys think of this strategy of picking 12 at the turn;

Take AJ Green and Marshall 12th and 13th, then a top 3 TE and the best WR left at the next turn. With the remaining picks take a late QB and just load up on long shot RBs hoping two hit?

I'm sure you've been asked about this strategy a ton over the years but was wondering if this year is any different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding keeper leagues, which guys would you be looking to draft cheap this year in the hopes of an increase in value occurring the next year due to situation/possible free agency moves/established starters aging etc. Examples from last year might be guys like CJ Spiller or Reggie Bush.

General question here for you guys this week. This past year I had a rather unconventional draft strategy for one of my leagues. I didn't have a good year, however to evaluate my strategy I recorded individual player (ie. starter WR1slot was highest scoring starting WR that week) and team scores for each week and cross-referenced them with wins and league averages. The idea was to not only analyze the league and teams to see if my strategy was a good one, even though it didn't work out for me, and also to see the makeup of a good team and formulate a draft strategy for this year. I felt this was pretty out there so my question for you guys is...

What's the most "out there" thing you have done to prepare for an individual league?

Thanks guys and keep on keeping on with the excellent podcasts!!

Statgrubby asks.... Okay guys.......rate this deal if you like puzzles.12 teams 20 man rostersI trade Hillman, Lamar Miller and my 3rd round pick I get Victor Cruz ( I need a WR2 bad) , Mendenhall (I have Ryan Williams to give me the starter one way or another) and Locker to back up P.Manning. I get his 8th rounderI need a second set of eyes on this one.My line up would be something like this Thanks guys. I really look forward to all these podcasts each week.
That's a steal of VC by himself..
Agreed.

What are some rules that could be added to fantasy leagues to help minimize the luck factor come playoff time?

Users who are viewing this thread