What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! 8/18/2013 10 PM ET (1 Viewer)

Evening Guys

That was a fantastic On the Couch last night!

There are a few RB that are getting pushed further and further down the drafts I am seeing.

Which, if any ,of these depressed backs do you think is going to deliver a solid season assuming all things work the right way as far as injuries.

Chris Johnson

McFadden

Mendenhall

Deangelo Williams

These guys can be had for a song this year.

Statgrubby!

Hey Cecil...hopefully you havent already written the article on this question so maybe you can take the time to answer this question, unlike Peyton!!

In a 1 QB PPR and half point per completion league...am I crazy to totally wait on QB until round 8/9/10 and then take a couple of guys from the cutler, bradford, tannehill, eli range and hope for one to hit as a QB1?

Carryover from last week...

Hi guys,

Two part question for VBD enthusiasts:

1. Name a player who you think out-performs their ADP by 3 or more rounds this year.

2. Similarly, name a player who under-performs their ADP by 3 or more rounds.

Cecil, my only caveat is that you cannot answer this question using the two words, "Ronnie" or "Hillman". :-D

Thanks and peace out!

WMH

I'm in a 12 team dynasty PPR league Qb/Wr/Wr/Rb/Rb/Te/K/DEF 2 Rb/Wr flex

I'm sitting on both Cam Newton and Russel Wilson in this league. I know it's CRAZY to hold 2 high quality QBs in a 12 team league when I could be moving one for quality players. I just LOVE the luxury of having two excellent QBs. I have potential offers for either of them that would net me very high tier Wrs or Rbs. I also have 3 1sts next year (prob 1.1 and 1.4-1.7 and 1.10-1.12 area). With THAT should I defiantly be moving one of the two and if I want two high quality QBs aim for a Bridgewater, Fales, Boyd with that mid or late 1st next year?

What should Wilson or Cam net be ballpark.

This one is for Bloom. You've been a big advocate of taking Jimmy Graham in the late first or second round if he's available and taking at least 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds. Let's say you draw pick 11 or 12 in a 12 team PPR league with a flex and take Graham and a RB to start. The drafters all decide to emphasize RB early and when your third round pick comes around, all of your Boom/Bust RB2s (according to your RB tiers article) are gone. At this point, what is your plan for RB going forward? Who would you be targeting and when?

[SIZE=12pt]RB Handcuff[/SIZE]:

[SIZE=12pt]Both Lesean McCoy & David Wilson will be on my Roster in my non-PPR Keeper League. I will also draft another stud RB1 with the #2 pick (likely Jamaal Charles).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My Question is: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]- Without regard to ADP, what level of importance should I place on acquiring either Andre Brown, and/or Bryce Brown based upon how you see these potential RBBC's playing out?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]- Does it make more sense to draft a potential Top 20 back like Lamar Miller earler in the draft instead of either Brown? Thanks Guys! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] 17 Roster Spots[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 Flex (RB, WR, or TE) / 1 DEF/ 1 K[/SIZE]

Hey guys love the show. Its like Vitamins I have to take each week.

I snagged James Casey in our Free Agent draft earlier in the year cause of the possibility of being used like a movable chess piece. But the more I hear of how Kelly ran his team in Oregon I have a concern. If he really runs his team and offense like a track meet, and uses a lot of different players. Wouldn't that render most of the Eagles team fantasy useless (Outside of McCoy and possibly the starting QB)????? If they spread it around so much I don't see how you can count on any Eagles really for fantasy. What say you?

Hey guys! In a league with buddies where QB TDs are 6 points. As they tend to draft QBs in the first round, what do you think the proper response would be: Should I draft a QB if I get a spot in the 1st half of the first round, or should I take advantage of their early QB picks and grab 2 stud RBs and rely on a later QB pick such as Romo?

Also, I would love to hear your guys' thoughts on MJD this season. I am feeling he will produce better than his current 3rd round ADP, but I am hearing many opinions from informed fantasy football players that they will be avoiding him this season. What are your guys' thoughts on him this season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the show! Helps to make my Friday workday go by that much quicker.

Do you have any advice as to how to approach an auction draft with a very deep starting roster? (1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 3Flex, 1QBFlex(QB/WR/RB/TE), K, D)

(.5 PPR / 3 Point Bonus for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving / 3 Point added bonus if the 40 yard play results in a TD)

Thanks Guys!

Good evening gentlemen!

Fantastic "On The Couch" podcast with Greg Cosell! It's definitely a must-listen!

I prepping for my 3 round rookie draft that also included free agents. My question is: Where would you slot Chris Ivory and Shane Vereen in comparison to the current rookie class in a 10 team, 1/2 PPR dynasty league?

And if you have time, what's your philosophy on when to start looking at selling a productive but aging RB in dynasty? I.E. Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster, Darren Sproles . . .

Evening, sirs. Love the show.

Matt- Love the RSP. You're analysis of Marquess Wilson in the RSP indicates that you view him as a good dynasty stash. The general consensus seems to be that he's way more talented than a seventh round pick but maybe not ready for the NFL. Have your thoughts on him changed at all following reports out of minicamp that he is struggling and may not make the roster? He went undrafted in our rookie/FA draft and I'm thinking about scooping him up once waivers open, so would love to get your thoughts. Sig and Lammy, too.

Thanks guys. Go Saints and Go Gators. Wash Ufizi drive me to Firenze.

14 team PPR dynasty w/ 23 roster spots. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE Flex & 1 RB/WR/TE flex.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was mention of an auction article at the beginning of last night's show. But I can't find that article on the Football Guys site. Can you post a direct link?

Also, is it just me or is the site significantly harder to navigate than it once was.

Users who are viewing this thread