What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! - 9/20/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

As we seem to have 8 or so threads about the topic....what are your thoughts on CJ4 (the RB formerly known as CJ2k)? Is he even a RB2 in redraft at this point?

Happy Anniversary - is your wife getting some clarity about your priorities? Let's hope after 15 years she already knows...and is playing along with the Audible drinking game ;) .

Please discuss the following RB situations 2 weeks in and choose which back of the two you'd rather have the rest of the year - assume .5 ppr:

*Pierre Thomas vs. Mark Ingram

*Kevin Smith vs. Mikel LeShoure

*Beanie Wells vs. Ryan Williams

*DeAngelo Williams vs. Jonathan Stewart

Thanks fellas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Peyton Manning just another better than avg QB now? Watching him float passes over receivers head have been pretty hard to watch all season as a Manning fan. I've been told I'm overreacting but If not for D.Thomas taking a bubble screen to the house in week 1 the media would have been questioning his arm a week ago like I have since the preseason. What does this do to Decker/Tamme value if(hypothetically) the precision passing game isn't there?

Thanks

Congratulations on your anniversary! Can you suggest some good buy low candidates? Top rated guys you think will perform better than their first two weeks? Jamaal Charles, Larry Fitz, Matt Forte, Greg Jennings? Where should i be focusing my trade offers?

As we seem to have 8 or so threads about the topic....what are your thoughts on CJ4 (the RB formerly known as CJ2k)? Is he even a RB2 in redraft at this point?
Also add Jamaal Charles to this. And DMC. In fact just do a whole segment on under performers and whether you guys think they'll bounce back.

Cec-

Love the show, you guys are great.

Finally, after a year long achilles injury and a 2 game suspension Mikel Leshoure gets a chance to take the field. In the Shark Pool there seems to be a big divide between those who thinks it's Kevin Smith's job to lose, others who think that Leshoure's injury will render him fairly ineffective and then guys like myself who see the situation ripe for the picking and that he'll be given every opportunity to take the job and run with it.

Can you talk a bit about the Lions backfield and how you see this working out in the short and long term? Thanks.

For Cec! IT's SERIOUS FUN!!!

Guys is it outrages to start Luck of PManning this week? I'm having a hard time sitting the HoFer but I think the upside of Manning against Houston is at best 230yd, 1.5TD, and 1 INT

I know Jags hasn't allowed any passing TD so far, but Donald Brown is not gonna instill fear in that porous D, could Luck pull an RGIII and run for it himself?

Hey guys! Can't wait to hear the show. Got a running back question. Got shady mccoy j Charles green-ellis the STL Richardson and andre brown. Who should I try to trade and what should I be wanting in return?

Had a trade vetoed by NFL.com today and was curious on FANTASY COURT's take:

Matt Ryan - Brandon Lloyd - Darren McFadden

for

Sam Bradford - Marques Colston - DeMarco Murray

What say you guys?

Here is the NFL.com trade review process:

In an effort to prevent collusion among owners, and to ensure fair competition, the “NFL.com Approval” trade approval process is used. After two owners agree to a trade, it will be sent to a queue for NFL.com to review the trade. If a trade is deemed fair for both sides, it will be approved by NFL.com in their sole discretion. If a trade is deemed unfair for either side, it will be denied by NFL.com in their sole discretion. Upon approval of a trade by NFL.com, the trade will immediately be reflected on the team rosters of the two teams involved in the trade. Note that any player(s) acquired via trade are placed on a team’s bench and it is the responsibility of the user to place the player(s) in their weekly starting lineup. NFL.com does not make starting lineup decisions for individual teams or users.

Happy anniversary!

Is it worth holding on to TE Hernandez in a redraft league with only 16 roster spots if he comes back in week 10?

Keep up the good work!

Truly Yours

What kind of dynasty trade value are you guys seeing for Andrew Luck? I drafted both Bob Griffin and Luck (1.2 and 1.3 in a 16 team dyno) because I had decent depth at RB and felt taking the two premium QB's could land me a nice upgrade at another position later. I am starting to get some interest for Luck so I am curious to know your opinions. FWIW I did search the dynasty trade thread in the SP and only thing I found from Fitz for Luck.

TIA boys. Keep up the great work because this show is Out-Freaking-Standing. :popcorn:

Hey Guys,

We spend so much time pouring over draft material and then after the draft we quickly forget so I would an update on your thoughts of this year's rookie class and not just the fantasy relevant rookies. Two questions on this subject.

Now that you've seen camp and preseason and the first two games>>

- are you taking note of any rookies who seem to be breaking out from the pack or that you feel soon will do so?

- have you noticed any teams who you feel had a good over-all draft class?

Thanks!

Any chance we get this show moved to Weds now with all these thursday night games.....didn't think so :wink:

I need something to do on Fridays anyways. Carry on

Does draft pedigree matter once players are part of the team? With all the Morris, Daryl Richardsons, Andre Browns, etc playing over the higher drafted guys I find this interesting. Does this change the "draft skill over situation" mantra at all?

Any concern over the high amount of usage Foster has had? 61 touches in two games seems like A LOT.

Also, if Collie plays, Wayne still a wr1?

Thanks guys.

In this week's WW special thread there was some discussion about the different FAAB values recommened by Bloom, Matt & posters. Can you talk a bit about different FAAB strategies and how various factors such as league size, roster size, team composition, budget, minimum bid($1,$0, FFA), etc, etc shape how you approach your bids. Obviously the #1 factor is knowing your league mates, but that can take a while to get a feel for.

Decided to roll the dice in my 10 Team PPR (17 roster) league with Andre Brown tonight but need some help with the flex.

QB RG3

RB D.Murray

RB A.Brown

WR C.Johnson

WR B.Marshall

TE B.Pettigrew

Flex P.Harvin / S.Ridley / J.Charles / M.LeShoure (also have P.Hillis, K.Smith, and A.Jeffrey)

PK M.Bryant

TD Arizona

Plan A Brown goes off, go with Harvin (best floor even against SF?)

Plan B Brown is okay, leaning towards Harvin again

Plan C Brown struggles, not sure what to do

Or was the mistake rolling the dice with Brown in the first place?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

Dear Doctor.

I just picked up P. Manning in the first year of a three year contract.

Not PPR 50-50

I am not worried about his neck or his feel for the game. By week 6 he will be in his groove.

My only concern is arm strength

Is his arm going to get back to 99 %

Or is he going to have a noodlearm on DOWN FIELD passes and throw Bobby Douglas looking drunken ducks like last Monday for the next three years?

Thanks man.

General question about Thursday night players. With regards to strategy is there any advantage in starting Thursday night players when everything else is equal. My thinking is along the lines of having more information, the outcome of the Thursday night performance, when setting your final lineup for Sunday. Yeah or nay.

Hey fellas, love the show. I'd like to get your thoughts on the Pats offense going forward sans Hernandez as they really seemed out of sync last week. In particular, I'd like to hear your thoughts on who you deem are buys/sells/holds.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Would like to hear your guys thoughts on Antonio Gates and Phillip Rivers. Gates already having injury problems worries me, but Rivers looks more like the 2010 version.

Bloom, you answered a Twitter question of mine and I didn't say thanks because I figured you guys get so many tweets that sending you another might just be annoying. But anyway... Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread