What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Evolution of the NFL (1 Viewer)

Verminator

Footballguy
Based on all of the discussions that Goodell wants 14 teams qualify for the playoffs, 4 games in London each year, an 18 game regular season, and all of the other BS in an attempt to increase revenue, I often wonder where will the NFL will be in 50 years.

Will there be a stadium on Mars to appeal to those martians who enjoy the Earth/US version of futbol?

Will the regular season be 52 weeks with each team playing 26 games and having 26 byes?

Will every NFL team and the top four NCAA football teams qualify for the playoffs and will the regular season be played during the middle of the week as to not compete with the playoff games.

Will there be franchises in Great Britain, Australia, and the Moon?

Will all television broadcasting cease to exist during NFL games so that the NFL does not have to face competition?

Could this league become any more money grubbing??? Where does this end???

Greed knows no bounds. If 16 games aren't enough, why would 18 games be enough? Soon they'll be pushing for a 20 game schedule.

Goodell is a clown and a stooge. The NFL is making money hand over fist and it's still not enough to satiate their greed.

The London stuff I can understand because it makes sense to try to expand into foreign markets, but I'm completely against an expanded season.

There was a baseball game on Nintendo, I think, where you played on the moon. You could crank home runs. It was great.

Just so I understand, do you think that Martians actually exist?
The notion of a martian franchise is ridiculous. They'll never be able to approve funding in their current political climate.
I'm more curious as to what the team name will be. Mars H2O's? I think the Rams should move there.
The Rovers
No, I think this will be a touchy subject for the Martians. The Rover invaded their planet to roll around on. I don't see how the Martians would allow such name.

The search for increased profits will never cease. But when the NFL reaches across national borders it competes against a sport that is deeply entrenched and increasingly popular around the world. Also, the damage the sport does to its own participants doesn't make it seem likely that the rest of the world will ever be all that interested.

Just so I understand, do you think that Martians actually exist?
The notion of a martian franchise is ridiculous. They'll never be able to approve funding in their current political climate.
I'm more curious as to what the team name will be. Mars H2O's? I think the Rams should move there.
The Rovers
No, I think this will be a touchy subject for the Martians. The Rover invaded their planet to roll around on. I don't see how the Martians would allow such name.
We'll just go with a classic then. The Greyskins.

Mars Volta???

I think of Goodell and the current state of ownership and management of professional sports in general and it reminds me of Charlie Sheen in Wall Street:

"HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH GOODELL?"

Greed knows no bounds. If 16 games aren't enough, why would 18 games be enough? Soon they'll be pushing for a 20 game schedule.

Goodell is a clown and a stooge. The NFL is making money hand over fist and it's still not enough to satiate their greed.

The London stuff I can understand because it makes sense to try to expand into foreign markets, but I'm completely against an expanded season.
How do you feel about intergalactic games?

The search for increased profits will never cease. But when the NFL reaches across national borders it competes against a sport that is deeply entrenched and increasingly popular around the world. Also, the damage the sport does to its own participants doesn't make it seem likely that the rest of the world will ever be all that interested.
Just imagine how difficult it will be to penetrate the martian market.

Just imagine how difficult it will be to penetrate the martian market.
Lol penetrate.

Users who are viewing this thread