What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

I've recently come on board the Taylor Swift train.

1989 is a tremendous pop album.

ETA: Out of the Woods, Style and Welcome to New York are my personal favorites.
Yep, those are good tunes. I am a big fan of Clean as well, and Shake It Off is insanely catchy. Not overly wild about Blank Space, but I appreciate the satirical lyrics. The bonus tracks Wonderland and New Romantics are outstanding as well.
just listened to 'all to well' for the first time.
Which version? The "new" 10-minute version is great, but, for me, the 5 1/2 minute version from the original Red cannot be topped.

Yep, those are good tunes. I am a big fan of Clean as well, and Shake It Off is insanely catchy. Not overly wild about Blank Space, but I appreciate the satirical lyrics. The bonus tracks Wonderland and New Romantics are outstanding as well.
Which version? The "new" 10-minute version is great, but, for me, the 5 1/2 minute version from the original Red cannot be topped.

the on from the grammies.

the on from the grammies.
That's a good one. (y)(y)

Link doesn't work, but I saw this blurb the other day. Pretty cool to see. Some can never get past "OMG, breakups" aspect of her writing (even though she hasn't written a new song about an ex in nearly a decade), but her lyrics and storytelling are top notch. I wouldn't be a fan without them.

I would re-enroll in college just to take that class.

When I listen to a song like "Invisible String" I hear brilliance even though I think that might be about relationships too. Just a beautiful song.

Link doesn't work, but I saw this blurb the other day. Pretty cool to see. Some can never get past "OMG, breakups" aspect of her writing (even though she hasn't written a new song about an ex in nearly a decade), but her lyrics and storytelling are top notch. I wouldn't be a fan without them.
Once you have the first few singles about relationships, people accept it as her style and like them or move on. Eventually an artist will have to reinvent themselves, it sounds like she did.

I would re-enroll in college just to take that class.

When I listen to a song like "Invisible String" I hear brilliance even though I think that might be about relationships too. Just a beautiful song.
"Hell was the journey, but it brought me heaven" from that song is one of my favorite single lines of hers. Seems so simple, yet it so poignant.
Once you have the first few singles about relationships, people accept it as her style and like them or move on. Eventually an artist will have to reinvent themselves, it sounds like she did.
She still writes about relationships, but not always about hers. She has a fair amount of songs on her last four albums about the guy she's been with for like six years now, but she has many relationship songs that are fictional. For example, she had three songs on Folklore about a fictional love triangle, with each song from the 1st person perspective of one of the three.

New album is out! And with a special edition with 7 bonus tracks, 3 of which are with Aaron Dessner of the National again.

Sounds very much like a mellow, electro-pop album, so we'll see how this one goes.

Maaaaaannnn,

Think this lyric may be aimed at Kanye potentially? If so, absolutely brutal.

She needed cold hard proof, so I gave her some
She had the envelope, where you think she got it from?
Now she gets the house, gets the kids, gets the pride
Picture me thick as thieves with your ex-wife
And she looks so pretty
Drivin' in your Benz
Lately she's been dressin' for revenge

Maaaaaannnn,

And she looks so pretty
Drivin' in your Benz
Nah, I think it's about Scooter Braun, whose wife left him. I doubt Taylor will be singing the praises of Kim KarTrashian in a song any time soon. My guess is she wants nothing to do with that whole mess anymore (not that she ever did).

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Maaaaaannnn,

And she looks so pretty
Drivin' in your Benz
Nah, I think it's about Scooter Braun, whose wife left him. I doubt Taylor will be singing the praises of Kim KarTrashian in a song any time soon. My guess is she wants nothing to do with that whole mess anymore (not that she ever did).
Good call.

Anyone else digging the new album? I don't think it's one of her best, but it's still very good, and the edition with the 7 bonus tracks is essential as some of the best songs from it are the ones she did with Aaron Dessner. This album is shattering records all over the place. Pretty crazy to think that she has been in the industry now over 15 years and is still this massively popular.

Anyone else digging the new album? I don't think it's one of her best, but it's still very good, and the edition with the 7 bonus tracks is essential as some of the best songs from it are the ones she did with Aaron Dessner. This album is shattering records all over the place. Pretty crazy to think that she has been in the industry now over 15 years and is still this massively popular.
Alright, I’m a bit late to the party, but I’ll out myself as a Swift fan here. Enjoying the new album; agree not her best, but still lots to enjoy. I prefer the later tracks as well — Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve some All Too Well vibes to it.

Alright, I’m a bit late to the party, but I’ll out myself as a Swift fan here. Enjoying the new album; agree not her best, but still lots to enjoy. I prefer the later tracks as well — Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve some All Too Well vibes to it.
No need to consider it "outing" yourself. Swift is the real deal, and her fanbase has really expanded over the years, so the idea that some still have that her music is only for teenage girls is a load of crap.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, yep, the new album is enjoyable, and her 2023 tour is gonna be epic. Dates announced this week.

No need to consider it "outing" yourself. Swift is the real deal, and her fanbase has really expanded over the years, so the idea that some still have that her music is only for teenage girls is a load of crap.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, yep, the new album is enjoyable, and her 2023 tour is gonna be epic. Dates announced this week.
Yeah - My wife has been to a handful of her shows, but I stay home with the kiddo while she goes with friends. It looks like skipping DC (maybe because don’t want to give Dan Snyder the money and I can’t really blame Swift for that), but my wife is intending to head up to the Philly show.

Yeah - My wife has been to a handful of her shows, but I stay home with the kiddo while she goes with friends. It looks like skipping DC (maybe because don’t want to give Dan Snyder the money and I can’t really blame Swift for that), but my wife is intending to head up to the Philly show.
With it being an "eras" tour rather strictly a Midnights tour, the set list has the potential to be a monster. She usually tours on a new album and plays most of it while filling in the rest with a few old hits and deep cuts, but with this tour likely to be spread out over her entire 17-year career, it will be interesting to see what she does and doesn't play.

Signed up for fan presale because my teen girls want to go so bad. They went a few years ago at US Bank but I stayed home. Not really my genre but no denying her talent. Wildest Dreams was a good track.

Signed up for fan presale because my teen girls want to go so bad. They went a few years ago at US Bank but I stayed home. Not really my genre but no denying her talent. Wildest Dreams was a good track.
Not really my genre either, as I am a rock (and 80s!!) guy at heart, but here we are.

The tour has begun.

44 songs (some slightly shortened) over 3 hours and 15 minutes with no break or intermission.
She just released 4 new songs too in about the weirdest way possible. They got attached to previous albums, so you have to pull up the old album in whatever streaming service to find each one. Bizarre.

The tour has begun.

44 songs (some slightly shortened) over 3 hours and 15 minutes with no break or intermission.
She just released 4 new songs too in about the weirdest way possible. They got attached to previous albums, so you have to pull up the old album in whatever streaming service to find each one. Bizarre.

Her core fans live for this kind of stuff. She sure knows her audience.

The tour has begun.

Seems like a good way to get 4 albums charting simultaneously (if that even matters anymore).

Wow, Springsteen-like work ethic here. Good for her, good for her fans.
Yep, to say she is fan-friendly would be an understatement. She knew fans wanted to hear Cruel Summer, and boom, that is the first full song being played. She knows her audience.
The tour has begun.

I looked at iTunes, and they are all featured as standalone singles. Not sure about Spotify, as I don't do that site or any streaming site (unless we count YT), but releasing four songs out of nowhere like that is so her. She keeps her fans fat and sassy with new songs.

The tour has begun.

That is pretty crazy for a touring schedule.
It is, and I think it helps that she is doing just one city a week. It's not like she is doing one of those 20 shows in 25 nights type deals. She is doing 2-3 shows in each city, with all shows on the weekend (Friday through Sunday), the exception being LA where she is doing five shows in a week at the Rams new stadium at the end of the tour. As a guy who is getting older and grimaces at concerts on work nights now :lol:, I love the idea of concerts only on the weekend.

Last edited:
The tour has begun.

It easy, and I think it helps that she is doing just one city a week. It's not like she is doing one of those 20 shows in 25 nights type deals. She is doing 2-3 shows in each city, with all shows on the weekend (Friday through Sunday), the exception being LA where she is doing five shows in a week at the Rams new stadium at the end of the tour. As a guy who is getting older and grimaces at concerts on work nights now :lol:, I love the idea of concerts only on the weekend.

Performing 44 songs as a lead vocalist over 3+ hours for even three consecutive nights is challenging vocally. Five times in a week even more so.

Edit: I realize that maybe you didn’t intend to write “it’s easy.” But yes, a touring schedule like the one you describe makes it a little less crazy.

The tour has begun.

It easy, and I think it helps that she is doing just one city a week. It's not like she is doing one of those 20 shows in 25 nights type deals. She is doing 2-3 shows in each city, with all shows on the weekend (Friday through Sunday), the exception being LA where she is doing five shows in a week at the Rams new stadium at the end of the tour. As a guy who is getting older and grimaces at concerts on work nights now :lol:, I love the idea of concerts only on the weekend.

Performing 44 songs as a lead vocalist over 3+ hours for even three consecutive nights is challenging vocally. Five times in a week even more so.

Edit: I realize that maybe you didn’t intend to write “it’s easy.” But yes, a touring schedule like the one you describe makes it a little less crazy.
Yeah, I mean to say, "it is." Good catch.

Even as a fan, I was surprised to see her doing these long shows, As much as I like her voice, she doesn't have a naturally super strong voice, and I thought long shows might be a bit difficult for her, especially since her songs are all so vocal-heavy (no DMB or Grateful Dead-type long jams to give it a rest), but I am sure she is working her butt off to get in good shape both vocally and physically for this. No one can ever accuse of her of not being a hard worker.

The tour has begun.

There is a fair bit of backing track on a lot of the songs that she just sings with. Blank Space, for example.

I love that you love her.
I am still a rocker at heart, and the great majority of what I listen to certainly falls under the rock banner, but something about Taylor and her music lands just right for this guy. :yes:
I honestly believe that Folklore is one of the best albums I have heard in the last 3 decades.
Thanks for being honest.
Since Folklore and Evermore, I don't think most have a problem with admitting she is a brilliant song writer. I'm predicting that eventually Rockaction will come around.

Users who are viewing this thread