What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Biden Thread- things are looking up (1 Viewer)

Psaki says Democrats know they’re doomed if midterms are a vote about Biden​

Former White House press secretary Jen Psaki has said Democrats know that if the 2022 midterm election is about President Joe Biden’s record, they will lose.

Ms Psaki, who left the Biden administration earlier this year, is now a contributor to NBC and will soon be a host for MSNBC. Appearing on “Meet the Press” on Sunday, she said that Democrats feel that if the election is about who is more extreme, then they can win, specifically citing Republican Representativer Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

“If it is a referendum on the president, they will lose and they know that,” she told host Chuck Todd. Typically, the president’s party loses control of at least one chamber of Congress in the midterm election since voters see it as a chance to voice dissatisfaction with the president’s party.

She also said that Democrats know that crime is a major issue. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that Republicans have a 22-point advantage against Democrats when it comes to handling crime.

So NOW she's not lying? You guys had a full thread bashing her daily.
So then you agree with her?

Psaki says Democrats know they’re doomed if midterms are a vote about Biden​

Former White House press secretary Jen Psaki has said Democrats know that if the 2022 midterm election is about President Joe Biden’s record, they will lose.

Ms Psaki, who left the Biden administration earlier this year, is now a contributor to NBC and will soon be a host for MSNBC. Appearing on “Meet the Press” on Sunday, she said that Democrats feel that if the election is about who is more extreme, then they can win, specifically citing Republican Representativer Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

“If it is a referendum on the president, they will lose and they know that,” she told host Chuck Todd. Typically, the president’s party loses control of at least one chamber of Congress in the midterm election since voters see it as a chance to voice dissatisfaction with the president’s party.

She also said that Democrats know that crime is a major issue. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that Republicans have a 22-point advantage against Democrats when it comes to handling crime.

So NOW she's not lying? You guys had a full thread bashing her daily.
So then you agree with her?
Of course she’s right. It’s not rocket science. 2018 was a referendum on Trump and Democrats won big. The opposite party almost always wins big in these cases, and when there is inflation or a recession it makes things even worse. Up until the summer, I like everybody else thought Democrats would get blown out.

Then the Dobbs decision happened. That MAY have changed everything. We will see.

Just saw that the railroad and union have a tentative deal to end the strike. :thumbup:

Oops.......
Just reading about this and the "cool off" period pushes past mid-terms, so at least there will not be a strike until mid NOV at the earliest. A mid-term disaster avoided, but any rail strike around the holidays could be devastating.

Just saw that the railroad and union have a tentative deal to end the strike. :thumbup:

Oops.......
Just reading about this and the "cool off" period pushes past mid-terms, so at least there will not be a strike until mid NOV at the earliest. A mid-term disaster avoided, but any rail strike around the holidays could be devastating.

You know what happens before the mid-terms, another Fed rate hike the week prior to the election.

Oops.......

You know what happens before the mid-terms, another Fed rate hike the week prior to the election.
I'm not sure that moves the needle anymore. Gas prices should be over 4 dollars national average by Nov 8th. Inflation will continue to rise along with the average household debt. Personal savings will drop and most likely the stock market as well. There is a pending nuclear war brewing and major crime wave in the US.

Biden and the dems have done a good job punting what they can until after midterms.

Oops.......

I'm not sure that moves the needle anymore. Gas prices should be over 4 dollars national average by Nov 8th. Inflation will continue to rise along with the average household debt. Personal savings will drop and most likely the stock market as well. There is a pending nuclear war brewing and major crime wave in the US.

Biden and the dems have done a good job punting what they can until after midterms.

Man, when you write all that down it sounds really, really bad. If the Republicans don't take both chambers of Congress they better take a long, hard look at their platform.

Oops.......

You forgot about the impending locusts, killer bees, asteroids, melting glaciers, and that there's no more Twinkies. ALL under Bidens watch.

Oops.......

You forgot about the impending locusts, killer bees, asteroids, melting glaciers, and that there's no more Twinkies. ALL under Bidens watch.
He didn't feel the need to pile on. The administration has dug enough dirt itself.

Oops.......

He didn't feel the need to pile on. The administration has dug enough dirt itself.
yeah, I barely covered the economy there. Its like punching down at this point.

Local cities natutal gas supplier went bankrupt. The best deal they could get for gas was double the rate. Went from $4.50 to $9.00.

It took a lot of effort by Joe over the last 2 years, but it is starting to look like he has finally fulfilled his #1 campaign pledge to reunite us.

This Biden presidency has been an unmitigated disaster. From choice of VP to the terrible messaging to what is obviously his lack of cognitive capacity to do this job. I don't blame him for high gas prices or inflation. That is silly. But he is no leader. And the Dems are going to get massacred in the House mostly because of him. They will likely lose the senate too. Hershel Walker is likely going to be a United States senator. And if the GOP controls congress, no legislation gets passed for the next two years and all of the insane pet projects of the lunatic mouthpieces for the party in the House are going to spend their time on their conspiracy theory pet projects and who knows what else.

Biden has been a total failure, and the next couple of years is going to be really ugly heading into 2024.

This Biden presidency has been an unmitigated disaster. From choice of VP to the terrible messaging to what is obviously his lack of cognitive capacity to do this job. I don't blame him for high gas prices or inflation. That is silly. But he is no leader. And the Dems are going to get massacred in the House mostly because of him. They will likely lose the senate too. Hershel Walker is likely going to be a United States senator. And if the GOP controls congress, no legislation gets passed for the next two years and all of the insane pet projects of the lunatic mouthpieces for the party in the House are going to spend their time on their conspiracy theory pet projects and who knows what else.

Biden has been a total failure, and the next couple of years is going to be really ugly heading into 2024.

If the Republicans take the House and Senate they should pass as much legislation as they can to make Biden veto it. Then make 2024 a referendum on Democrats as a whole.

Agree with all this, though I would add the GOP will also do exactly what they’ve railed against for years, spend time and money talking about (and maybe ultimately doing) impeaching Biden.

I have missed the daily Dow Jones updates over the past month. I’m sure they’ll start up again when things go down :lol:

Disagree on pretty much every point, other than the GOP will definitely take the house

If the Republicans take the House and Senate they should pass as much legislation as they can to make Biden veto it. Then make 2024 a referendum on Democrats as a whole.
They will spend the entire time on their pet conspiracy theories and retribution projects. Passing legislation is not really a GOP forte. And, given that Trump is going to be the candidate, I cannot support anything that may result in him even having a chance at becoming president again. He is dangerous.

They will spend the entire time on their pet conspiracy theories and retribution projects. Passing legislation is not really a GOP forte. And, given that Trump is going to be the candidate, I cannot support anything that may result in him even having a chance at becoming president again. He is dangerous.

and if he gets in we'll have inflation and high gas prices and Russia in Ukraine and record covid deaths and ............... oh wait........ that's the guy who was promising none of that

I have missed the daily Dow Jones updates over the past month. I’m sure they’ll start up again when things go down :lol:

thats my bad

DOW has been up last week to 10- days ... we've rebounds now to only down -4,420.90 (-12.08%)year to date
It’s up the last month about 10%. The Dow is higher than it ever was under Trump. Up about 15% since he won. Not bad all things considering. Would expect it to be lower TBH.

and if he gets in we'll have inflation and high gas prices and Russia in Ukraine and record covid deaths and ............... oh wait........ that's the guy who was promising none of that
By dangerous he meant as a threat to democracy. Yo know, the whole January 6th thing and what led up to it. I do understand that many people in these forums would be OK with the masses not deciding the leader at the election boxes.

By dangerous he meant as a threat to democracy. Yo know, the whole January 6th thing and what led up to it. I do understand that many people in these forums would be OK with the masses not deciding the leader at the election boxes.

sigh

yes yes, I know what the Democrats hammer over and over to make people think certain things about Jan 6th ....... fixate on that, and forget all the other things happening that's threatening our nation ..... and its working :(

thats my bad

DOW has been up last week to 10- days ... we've rebounds now to only down -4,420.90 (-12.08%)year to date
It’s up the last month about 10%. The Dow is higher than it ever was under Trump. Up about 15% since he won. Not bad all things considering. Would expect it to be lower TBH.
Usually people don't factor in inflation for these things, in a highly inflationary environment you must. When I was doing all my grad level finance we generally learned to gauge returns as "Inflation + X%". When it's running at 1-2% it's easy to gloss over it, now if you make a 4% real dollar return in an 8% inflationary environment, you've just fallen way behind.

sigh

yes yes, I know what the Democrats hammer over and over to make people think certain things about Jan 6th ....... fixate on that, and forget all the other things happening that's threatening our nation ..... and its working :(

All the problems brought on by this administration & it's---------- Oh yea what about Jan. 6th? Apparently you use what you got & that's it.

sigh

All the problems brought on by this administration & it's---------- Oh yea what about Jan. 6th? Apparently you use what you got & that's it.
Jan 6 was awful and the Dems have try to keep their team focused on anything other than the damage caused by Biden. There isn’t much positive to rally the troops. Gas and diesel prices are killing the economy. No way to avoid that now.

Users who are viewing this thread