What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Lauren Boebert Thread (1 Viewer)

It’s hard for me to envision a more salacious and unsavory accusation of a woman than while she was a married mother of four, she was also a prostitute and aborted babies fathered by her johns. Though highly unlikely, I guess it’s possible there is truth to the story. But if not, and the perpetrators made it up out of whole cloth, I hope she takes them for all they’re worth. 

I love when stories like this pop up and the people seem shocked....as if politicians are the purist and moral role models we have. 

the way we are heading, in about 5 years, we will have about a 30% chance that a female candidate has/had an Onlyfans Account. 

Direct Headline: Getting It First or Getting It Right?

THE media critic Jack Shafer wrote recently that, in the age of Twitter, the public had better get used to a new fact of life: News stories, especially the early reports of breaking news events, are very likely to be inaccurate. That comment on his Reuters blog was prompted by the misinformation that circulated after the terrible shooting deaths in Newtown, Conn. “Don’t expect too much,” he advised news consumers. “You won’t be disappointed.”...To this, I offer a radical response: That’s not good enough. Or maybe it’s good enough for some news organizations and some news consumers. But it’s not good enough for The New York Times and its readers...One of those readers, Gail G. Abrams of Little Silver, N.J., wrote to me last week: “My daughter’s godchild was one of the 6-year-olds murdered in Connecticut on Friday. We believed that The New York Times was more interested in getting it right than in getting it first. We don’t believe that anymore....”

....But on the first day, The Times reported on its Web site that the gunman was Ryan Lanza, attributing that information to other news organizations. It was actually his brother, Adam Lanza. Mistakes don’t get much worse.....The next day, in its lead front-page article, The Times got several major facts wrong, stating without attribution that Mr. Lanza was “buzzed in” to the Sandy Hook Elementary School building by its principal, who “recognized him as the son of a colleague.”...Not so. He forced his way into the school, dressed in combat gear and carrying guns. There is still no confirmation that his mother, Nancy Lanza, ever worked at the school. There were other errors, too — many the result of wrong information from the police. In many cases, the attribution was to unnamed law enforcement officials....

...The Times can’t get pulled into the maelstrom of Twitter-era news. It has to stand apart from those news sources that are getting information out in a fast, piecemeal and frequently inaccurate way. That process has its own appeal and its own valuable purpose. But The Times should be its authoritative and accurate counterbalance.....

By Margaret Sullivan Dec. 22, 2012

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/public-editor/getting-it-first-or-getting-it-right.html

No one wants to just let it play out anymore. Time will tell what happens with this story.

If you want to call Lauren Boebert "trash" for things she's done on record, that's your free speech.

If you want to call Lauren Boebert "trash" for speculation thus far, that's still free speech but the behavior is abusive.

The same methodology upon which Boebert is shown zero mercy will be the same strategy used one day against your own children if enough people think and act like you do here.

Lauren Boebert is accused of being a whore in the most literal definition of the term. If some of you feel that way, just say it plain. Just say it straight up. Or should we all just skip to the part where some here were itching to call her a "whore", without having the steel to say the words plain, the first chance they could get?

The activist complicit MSM has been caught lying outright so many times, the only answer is to let things play out in their own time.

I’m not sure that having their most prominent female participant be a 30+ year old married mother of four helps their brand. 
You know what is good publicity?

And the nice thing about men.   Is we as a group have a member that will do any kind of woman that exists.

Lauren Boebert dropped out of high school as a senior because she got pregnant and had a baby, the first of four with her now husband, who she married at the age of 19. It seems unlikely to me given that this story would be true given that she’s been in a relationship with her husband and had a family since high school. 

The point is to attempt to incite violence.

The radical left wants to keep prodding Conservatives and Republicans to see if they can trigger some kind of violent response. Then they can say everything they've accused the GOP of is now justified.

It's just so poorly executed. I see this strategy from a mile away. It's a classic Susan Rice failure point.

The best thing Boebert can do for herself here is tell the truth, keep winning elections and deliver wins for the working class everyday people in her district.

sho nuff said:
All strange rumors.

But in so many instances the people that preach the most against a topic...how often do they end up wrapped up in a scandal going against exactly what they preached?

The ones for family values end up caught in a homosexual affair and so on...

So free speech now not a big deal anymore?   
We have had several threads about unsubstantiated rumors…against the right and left. 
Are we for censorship here or not?

VIDEO: These viral videos about Ukraine invasion are completely fabricated Mar 11, 2022 CNN

CNN's Daniel Dale breaks down two videos being spread online to claim the media is broadcasting footage of "crisis actors." Neither video shows what pro-Russia social media accounts claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LkXnEPK3GM

Your hardened tribalism is so ingrained, that you just won't let this story play out over time.

Your rationalization and the steps you use for it are the same used by Hitler at the beginning of his rise to control state media. The pathology of bad faith actors has an instinctive blueprint to it.

It's unsubstantiated that Lauren Boebert actually behaved in a manner that is the literal definition of a whore.

It's also unsubstantiated that you are using tactics that could have people declare that you are a Nazi.

Do you see how this works? But even if you could see how it works, you've made it clear over years and years that you just don't care.

It would just be simpler if you posted a list up of the Conservatives and/or Republicans you just want permanently banned off this site.

Protecting due process for Boebert, even if people here find her general behavior repugnant, is really protecting due process for themselves. You can't separate one from the other. Some have tried though in history, they were called Nazis.

Go on, shout about Godwin's Law now. Or shout Meine Ehre Heisst Treue. From you, the bile is all the same.

I think it’s a great story. She dropped out of high school to have a baby. Worked at McDonald’s and climbed the chain into management. Started a small business with her husband. And is now a member of the US Congress at age 35. 

I'm trying to understand your position here. It may be a great story in a vacuum. But Boebert is a terrible person who constantly says either dumb or terrible things (i.e., "May his days be few.")

She's everything that's wrong with politics today and thrives on sowing division in the country. So maybe it'd be a great story that a woman pulled herself up and became a congressman. But she is quite an imperfect vessel for that story.

the way we are heading, in about 5 years, we will have about a 30% chance that a female candidate has/had an Onlyfans Account. 

Five years????

Dude, we got really close to that in May of THIS year:  :wub:

Democrat former stripper running for Congress hits out at critics by starting an ONLYFANS account to fund her campaign - after trolls told her the X-rated site would be her only option of income when 'she loses the election'

Alexandra Hunt, 29, who is originally from New York, worked as an exotic dancer to help 'pay her bills' during college, but she is certainly not ashamed of her past 

The former sex worker is running for Pennsylvania’s third congressional district, and has been vocal about her past in an attempt to end the stigma around it

She launched an OnlyFans account to hit back at a troll who told her that they 'looked forward' to seeing her on the platform after her political pursuits failed

'Who says I have to lose an election to start an OnlyFans? There’s no shame in the OnlyFans game,' she responded to the hater, while sharing a link to her account

The account itself - seen by DailyMail.com - does not feature any illicit or risque content, but instead sees Alexandra posting about her campaign 

She is charging $4.99 per month for access to the account, on which she has also posted a video defending her decision to set up an OnlyFans  

While working as a dancer, Alexandra said she kept it a secret from almost everyone in her life due to fears that she would be kicked out of school 

When she was fired from her job as a soccer coach years later - after her bosses found out about her past - she decided she was no longer going to hide it 

The election will take place on May 17, and Alexandra is facing fellow Democrats Austin Rodill and Michael Cogbill 

I'm trying to understand your position here. It may be a great story in a vacuum. But Boebert is a terrible person who constantly says either dumb or terrible things (i.e., "May his days be few.")

She's everything that's wrong with politics today and thrives on sowing division in the country. So maybe it'd be a great story that a woman pulled herself up and became a congressman. But she is quite an imperfect vessel for that story.
So because YOU don’t like her you can’t appreciate the struggles of this highly successful woman overcame to get where she is today.  

So because YOU don’t like her you can’t appreciate the struggles of this highly successful woman overcame to get where she is today.  

That doesn't seem like a very accurate summary of my post. 

I get that she overcame a hard time to become a congressman. I appreciate that. Good for her. 

That doesn't excuse her being an objectively terrible person who is trying to create division in the country. 

How do we define "highly successful woman"? In some sense, I guess she is. In others, she quite clearly is not.

The best thing Boebert can do for herself here is tell the truth, keep winning elections and deliver wins for the working class everyday people in her district.
What exactly is she delivering to the working class people in her district? She has introduced 17 bills and seven resolutions, none of which passed committee

That doesn't seem like a very accurate summary of my post. 

I get that she overcame a hard time to become a congressman. I appreciate that. Good for her. 

That doesn't excuse her being an objectively terrible person who is trying to create division in the country. 

How do we define "highly successful woman"? In some sense, I guess she is. In others, she quite clearly is not.

I firmly believe she should be treated with the same respect, appreciation and decorum that the fine red blooded folks on this website have extended to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez over the years. 

What exactly is she delivering to the working class people in her district? She has introduced 17 bills and seven resolutions, none of which passed committee

She still has a vote on other bills, doesn't she?  IIRC she beat an entrenched incumbent.  Apparently the people in her district didn't think he was delivering.  They will have the opportunity to decide whether she is doing better in the next election. 

She still has a vote on other bills, doesn't she?  IIRC she beat an entrenched incumbent.  Apparently the people in her district didn't think he was delivering.  They will have the opportunity to decide whether she is doing better in the next election. 
True. She was one of nine House members who voted against two bills to alleviate the 2022 shortage of baby formula caused by bacterial contamination. One of the bills, the Access to Baby Formula Act, makes it easier for low-income families to continue buying formula with vouchers; the other allows the government to invoke the Defense Production Act to speed up production. 

The thing that offends me most is that they call sweet Stan Lane a "journeyman" he was part of the  midnight express world tag team champion along with beautiful Bobby Eaton.   In my book he was on par with loverboy Dennis condrey.
I actually used to work with Beautiful Bobby's brother.  I had never thought about the last name and where they were from until someone else who worked there told me.  Then I looked at him and they looked a lot alike and I couldn't believe I'd missed it.

True. She was one of nine House members who voted against two bills to alleviate the 2022 shortage of baby formula caused by bacterial contamination. One of the bills, the Access to Baby Formula Act, makes it easier for low-income families to continue buying formula with vouchers; the other allows the government to invoke the Defense Production Act to speed up production. 

You'll never get me to say I'm a Bobert supporter.  But this thread is pathetic and apparently based on lies.  But keep slamming her cause she's not on your side. 

You'll never get me to say I'm a Bobert supporter.  But this thread is pathetic and apparently based on lies.  But keep slamming her cause she's not on your side. 
I haven't commented on the allegations. I think it is sleazy unless there is incontrovertible proof, which there doesn't appear to be. So I agree with you there.

We can still talk about her ineptitude even if the premise of the thread is terrible. I only replied to the statement that she is delivering to the working class in her district

The thing that offends me most is that they call sweet Stan Lane a "journeyman" he was part of the  midnight express world tag team champion along with beautiful Bobby Eaton.   In my book he was on par with loverboy Dennis condrey.

He will always be a Fabulous One first for me, then Heavenly Body, then Midnight Express. (My Midnight Express will always be Condrey and Eaton and will always be feuding with The Fantastics thanks to 10 year old me).

But yes, absolutely not a journeyman. You can't get into the Memphis Wrestling Hall of Fame if you didn't contribute.

He will always be a Fabulous One first for me, then Heavenly Body, then Midnight Express. (My Midnight Express will always be Condrey and Eaton and will always be feuding with The Fantastics thanks to 10 year old me).

But yes, absolutely not a journeyman. You can't get into the Memphis Wrestling Hall of Fame if you didn't contribute.
“Sweet” Stan Lane would definitely not fit the description of a journeyman wrestler. 

She’s a firebrand no doubt. But even if I disagree with her politics, or her tactics, I can recognize what she’s overcome to be where she is today. And as much as I disliked her yesterday, I find myself rooting for her today. Because that story about her is about as repugnant as it comes. Is this what we’re willing to do now to score points against our political opponents?  Spread unsubstantiated rumors about women on the other team being actual prostitutes and aborting babies from their johns?  (I’m not talking about you specifically, but about this story that is being spread across the Internet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, if there is a god, do not let that be Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Watters. 
Hey now, I'd throw Nance $8 for a look. Why?

"Some friends of mine asked me if I wanted to go to a strip club, and I didn't… want to go. But I ended up going, 'cause—back me up on this, fellas—once you've seen one woman naked, you… wanna see the rest of 'em naked. It can be an old biker chick, you know they're gonna hang down to here. "Wanna see my #######!?" "Yeah, I do!" [cringes] "All right, that's enough, roll 'em back up!" [imitates her rolling her breasts back up and sealing them in place. ] The things that make you go [shudders]“ —  Ron White

HellToupee said:
Bob Kraft might disagree 
I stand corrected. Great example.

I guess when I become a billionaire, I'm planning only procuring the finest of hookers and the purest of blow.

Agreed. Can we come together, across the aisle, and agree that while Stan was "Sweet" and Bobby was "Beautiful", I have strong doubts that Dennis was a "Loverboy".
I think you underestimate how many ladies dug guys that wore bandannas around their necks in the 80’s. 

Lauren Boebert dropped out of high school as a senior because she got pregnant and had a baby, the first of four with her now husband, who she married at the age of 19. It seems unlikely to me given that this story would be true given that she’s been in a relationship with her husband and had a family since high school. 
Her sugardaddy website profile is available online with minimal googling effort. I guess it could be faked but it could also be real.

I already think she's crazy and hateful. If she hooked for a bit, that actually doesn't change my opinion of her much. Neither would her having abortions. People gotta do what they gotta do. It would expose her as a hypocrite, but that's not really much of a surprise with her anyways.

She came back from that and made something of herself and is now in the US Congress.  She should be celebrated as a great American story or we can’t do that because she is Team Red?
I mean, if she was a successful member of congress then sure. Pretty sure she's literally passed zero bills and is just a loud mouth with crazy soundbites thriving on the attention she generates. Exactly the sort of thing I wish we'd stop celebrating.

I mean, if she was a successful member of congress then sure. Pretty sure she's literally passed zero bills and is just a loud mouth with crazy soundbites thriving on the attention she generates. Exactly the sort of thing I wish we'd stop celebrating.
I blame Pelosi for blocking her bills.  

Users who are viewing this thread