What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFL draft is still 2.5 Months Away (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
The NFL draft combine should be held exactly 1 day after the super bowl.

The NFL draft 3 days after that.

We should all be drafting our dynasty rookies by Feb 28th at the very latest. That way we have a full 6 months to make trades and whatnot.

Who scheduled this & what exactly do they think we’re supposed to do with ourselves for the next 10 weeks? I’d like to speak to a manager. 

:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFL draft combine should be held exactly 1 day after the super bowl.

The NFL draft 3 days after that.

We should all be drafting our dynasty rookies by Feb 28th at the very latest. That way we have a full 6 months to make trades and whatnot.

Who scheduled this & what exactly do they think we’re supposed to do with ourselves for the next 10 weeks? I’d like to speak to a manager. 

:rant:
Might I suggest heading over to the Mock Draft Forum here at FBG. There is a Winter Survival League (WSL) sign-up thread active right now. I've always found these mocks to be very, very challenging. There are other leagues to enter and mock draft before the start of the season. PDSL (Pre Draft,) SSL (Spring,) MBSL (Message Board,) Anarchy Leagues. These have been around for many years. New drafters are always welcome. If you're truly looking for something new to occupy your fantasy football mind during this hiatus these mocks could be for you.

I have no idea what I'm doing but just did the following draft for Washington with a few trades:

11. Kenny Pickett QB

42. Trent McDuffie CB

73. Quay Walker LB

131. Kerby Joseph S

140. Zakoby McClain LB

188. Kennedy Brooks RB 

I have no idea what I'm doing but just did the following draft for Washington with a few trades:

11. Kenny Pickett QB

42. Trent McDuffie CB

73. Quay Walker LB

131. Kerby Joseph S

140. Zakoby McClain LB

188. Kennedy Brooks RB 
The Lions are an awful lot of fun to run thru the simulator, lots of trades offered at many of their selections. Jacksonville if they traded down in the simulator can almost do an entire face lift in 1 off season. They already have their QB, still have the No 1 overall pick, rare combo usually. 

The Lions can also be in play for Pickett, if that's Pittsburgh's QB who threw for over 4,000 yds and a bunch of TDs, yeah I like him quite a bit and think he can start eventually in the NFL. He might slide into the Mid-Late 1st, Lions have a lot of picks to wheel and deal. 

It's always a bummer when the draft starts because then you can no longer run the simulation, auto-starts for 2023 that night...you will burn hours playing on that thing and get furious the night of the draft when your team whiffs each time around the horn. 

Miami sits at #29, about 1 out of every 4-5 times you run it Linderbaum falls to Miami at 29 and that isn't likely to happen. 

It's going to be a very interesting selection for Miami and perhaps they slide a few more picks back and avoid a 1st round contract. 

If Linderbaum fell to Miami, unless they make a big splash in free agency or a trade, they would be fools not tot take him. Best prospect for them since Dwight Stephenson, much better than Pouncey IMHO. 

The Lions are an awful lot of fun to run thru the simulator, lots of trades offered at many of their selections. Jacksonville if they traded down in the simulator can almost do an entire face lift in 1 off season. They already have their QB, still have the No 1 overall pick, rare combo usually. 

The Lions can also be in play for Pickett, if that's Pittsburgh's QB who threw for over 4,000 yds and a bunch of TDs, yeah I like him quite a bit and think he can start eventually in the NFL. He might slide into the Mid-Late 1st, Lions have a lot of picks to wheel and deal. 
The trade calculator I foune has the Lions 32 & 34 being an even trade for 13 in case they fall in love with someone in the middle of the first. They also have the 2 which I expect to be an edge rusher.

It's always a bummer when the draft starts because then you can no longer run the simulation, auto-starts for 2023 that night...you will burn hours playing on that thing and get furious the night of the draft when your team whiffs each time around the horn. 
I like what you did here…

he might also not slide… 

never know with Pickett!!

Also, if you want to get addicted to an app you could try FootballGM. The game simulation is kind of frustrating, but the team building is pretty fun.
I found this a week ago and it’s pretty fun. The Jets keep taking a WR, letting Kayvon Thibodeaux slide which I see as madness, but it is what it is. I’ve only done a few, so maybe it’s just the “expert’s” draft boards i’ve picked so far. 

Still no substitute for the actual NFL draft though. And as a 49ers fan, I want a JimmyG trade for a 2nd (or a 1st to the Commanders) or it’s just kinda boring. lol 

ETA also frustrating to see Spiller fall to the Niners in the 2nd and Hall in the 3rd while needing everything but RB.  Woulda been nice to not trade up for Sermon.

:doh:  

Your Welcome

You'll never be the same...

You might need this to go with that other link I sent you. 

We'll see you in a few weeks, pack a lunch and some Js. 
Possibly the most dangerous post in the history of the Shark Pool. For the Raiders-quantity quantity quantity...based on the Patriot style of trading down. 15 picks for next years. Not sure how realistic this is. 

66. Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia

76. Romeo Doubs WR Nevada

96. Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan

130. John Ridgeway DT Arkansas

143. Tariq Castro-Fields CB Penn State

168. Jesse Luketa EDGE Penn State

195. Jordan Williams DT Virginia Tech

202. Cordell Volson OT North Dakota State

2023 GB 2nd

2023 CHI 2nd

2023 NE 2nd

2023 DET 3rd

2023 WAS 4th

2023 BAL 4th

2023 LAR 4th

2023 ARI 5th

It’s so addictive!!! 

Man, some of those teams are super aggressive!  I just finished a draft where I moved down 3x by a few picks & netted SF 5 more picks. Denver & Jacksonville especially.

the Rams kept making bad offers (move down 17 picks to get a 2023 4th? Pass) 

So fun. 

It’s so addictive!!! 

Man, some of those teams are super aggressive!  I just finished a draft where I moved down 3x by a few picks & netted SF 5 more picks. Denver & Jacksonville especially.

the Rams kept making bad offers (move down 17 picks to get a 2023 4th? Pass) 

So fun. 
I now have the trade value charts up so I can see which offers are close. You can propose trades, too, you know. 

Jacksonville was fun if you trade down. 
Just 3 rounds is kind of scary:

5. Evan Neal OT Alabama

10. Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU

33. Perrin Winfrey DT Oklahoma

35. Daxton Hill S Michigan

40. Zion Johnson OG Boston College

65. Trey McBride TE Colorado State

66. Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

70. George Pickens WR Georgia

85. Quay Walker LB Georgia

97. Tariq Woolen CB UTSA

2023 DET 1st

2023 DET 2nd

2023 DET 3rd

I end up with Treylon Burks on the titans way too often. Or trading down. 
I traded down and had the Titans getting QB Carson Strong mid 2nd and TE Wydermeyer early 3rd

that would be a great draft for them

Users who are viewing this thread