What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Jaguars v. Patriots Hype Thread (1 Viewer)

Who wins AFC Wild Card Game

• Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jaguars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Without Leftwich? I don't see the reigning champs repeating this year but it won't be this game that they lose their unbeaten streak in the playoffs.

If it's me, I let Lefty start and have 1 Q to prove he is well enough to manage the team. It should be a very good game but I have to take the logical choice of the Belichick-led Pats.Edited for speeling...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a Jaguars win would send major shockwaves throughout the nation. It won't happen - Pats win by a TD.

Jags will win because:1. They play their best when they are the underdog.2. They are not a warm-weather finesse team...they are built for grind-it out games, and they are not afraid of cold weather...they actually have a pretty good cold weather record.3. Stroud and Henderson4. The Jags version of thunder and lightning...Jones and Taylor.

What's up with the NFL giving the Patriots MORE (IMO) of a homefield advantage by playing the game at night? Like it's not enough to have a southern team go play in New England in the dead of winter but make them do it at night. I think they did the same thing to Tennessee a few years back.Either way I don't care who wins. Just hope the Giants can win next week.

What's up with the NFL giving the Patriots MORE (IMO) of a homefield advantage by playing the game at night? Like it's not enough to have a southern team go play in New England in the dead of winter but make them do it at night.

I think they did the same thing to Tennessee a few years back.

Either way I don't care who wins. Just hope the Giants can win next week.
I think ABC wanted the Patriots and chose that game as their late game. If that is not how it works, please tell me, but that is my guess as to why that game is the 8:00 Saturday night game.

What's up with the NFL giving the Patriots MORE (IMO) of a homefield advantage by playing the game at night?
I think it has more to do with them being a Prime Time draw than anything else.Pats win, although it will be closer than most think. The Pats dynasty ends this season, but not this week.

Well as a Jags fan, Letfwich comming back so raw from injuries arguably has me worried. Garrard wasn't spectacular but he managed games well and was able to pick up first downs with his feet- something that Byron cannot do well. But I do trust the coaching staff- they realize its a big game and may try to rush Leftwich but I sure as hell know that if he isnt playing well come gametime, they will feel confident in their backup's ability. Both secondaries are banged up and hence, I suspect both teams will try to capitalize on that. Recievers to me seem like a wash- both have burners (matt jones, tim dwight) and reggie williams finally showed signs of life last week. Both teams have excellent QB's who have the ability to get their recievers the ball. The running game is where I think Jacksonville has the edge; simply because of its multi-faceted nature. With Taylor, you have the back that can slip through holes, with Jones you have the power back (despite his woes at the goal line) and with Pearman, who has recently stepped up, you have a pass catching back with excellent moves and speed. For the Pats, Dillon is as good as RB's come but aside from him, no other NE backs are showing signs of life save Heath Evans who has shown his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and bruise his way downfield. The offensive line, however, is where the Jags win/lose their game. The stats are decieving as they allowed three sacks the last two weeks without the anchor of their line in G Chris Naeole. However, the two question marks on their line (Mo Williams and Vince Manuwai) have played exceptionally and when they are all on the field next week and on the same page, they can really open up the running game and force the DB's to play shallow.

Receivers to me seem like a wash- both have burners (matt jones, tim dwight) and reggie williams finally showed signs of life last week. Both teams have excellent QB's who have the ability to get their recievers the ball.
I agree that teh WRs are probably a wash but Brady is MUCH superior to Garrard or Leftwich -- it isn't even close. If I were Jax I would continue playing Garrard -- he's more mobile, just as accurate as Lefty and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.
The running game is where I think Jacksonville has the edge; simply because of its multi-faceted nature. With Taylor, you have the back that can slip through holes, with Jones you have the power back (despite his woes at the goal line) and with Pearman, who has recently stepped up, you have a pass catching back with excellent moves and speed. For the Pats, Dillon is as good as RB's come but aside from him, no other NE backs are showing signs of life save Heath Evans who has shown his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and bruise his way downfield.
I think the Pats front 7 is going to make it tough on the Jaguars RBs. Taylor is OK but not nearly the back he used to be -- Jones might actually be the better choice against the Pats. Pearman could do some damage as a receiver but the Pats are pretty good sniffing out screens. On the other hand I don't think Dillon is all that great and that Jacksonville will be able to contain him just fine.The key to the game is going to be whether Jacksonville can put pressure on Brady because if he gets comfortable back there, he can pick any secondary apart. I see this as a close game -- it should be fun to watch.

Well, I took NE on this one based on the lack of a decent Jax QB (a partially recovered hefty Leftwich or the sub-par Garrard) and the scheming NEP Defense.Taylor and G Jones can each do some damage, but they can not win the game alone. And that is all Jax has. Their Def has had trouble stopping anybody lately.

Users who are viewing this thread