What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things we KNOW will happen this season (1 Viewer)

JAMES!

Footballguy
Danny Amendola will start off like a house of fire but injured by mid-season.

Tom Brady will put up his normal big numbers no matter who is on the field.

Maurice Jones-Drew will make us all wonder why we didn't consider him an elite rb before the season.

Darren McFadden will find little room to run and be out for the season by week 6.

Robert Griffin iii will make us regret downgrading him due to injury.

Colin Kaepernick will be the most exciting player in football.

David Wilson will have a decent season but won't live up to the hype.

Dez Bryant will completely dominate.

T.Y. Hilton will outperform Reggie Wayne.

Alfred Morris will put up great numbers week in and week out and be on many a championship team.

Eddie Lacy will disappoint.

Frank Gore will get it done again.

Ben Tate will finally become fantasy relevant this season.

Christine Michael will show flashes of greatness.

I agree with every one of these except maybe the injury to Amendola.... I just have a feeling that he is going to stay healthy this year and put up huge stats. I waited to long for him in every league though. If I didn't know better I would have thought I wrote this....

I agree with every one of these except maybe the injury to Amendola.... I just have a feeling that he is going to stay healthy this year and put up huge stats. I waited to long for him in every league though. If I didn't know better I would have thought I wrote this....
i got danny in round 5 last night paired with victor cruz.. hopefully brady and bill are telling him to be less reckless because they need him for all 16 + games.. hes gonna be a ppr monster when he is on the field. lot of footballs to be caught between gronk, danny, kenbrell, sudfield, and the backs

Maurice Jones-Drew will make us all wonder why we didn't consider him an elite rb before the season.

Darren McFadden will find little room to run and be out for the season by week 6.

Alfred Morris will put up great numbers week in and week out and be on many a championship team.

bump this at years end, because i'd say atleast 10 of these are correct

I think Hilton is a year away from topping Wayne. Luck is still a young QB and will still lean on the Veteran savvy or Wayne.

Can't trust MJD. I would rather be wrong and watch him over perform his ADP, than trying to be right and watch him sitting on my bench every week.

The rest, I no real complaints.

T.Y. Hilton will outperform Reggie Wayne. NOPE NOPE NOPE...people gonna be disappointed

DeMarco Murray will inevitably get injured at some point, making Lance Dunbar the trendy waiver pickup of the moment.

Actual things we know will happen this year:

Several highly drafted players will suffer significant injuries in the first few weeks of the season

Someone on the waiver wire in 12-team leagues will be a top-20 receiver by the end of the year

A player who's "injury prone" won't get hurt

A bust-proof WR will bust

The Raiders will be really bad

You'll lose to a guy who didn't swap out players for their bye week

DeMarco Murray will inevitably get injured at some point, making Lance Dunbar the trendy waiver pickup of the moment.
:goodposting:

adding

Lynch gets banged up for 3 games and C. Michael becomes the undisputed SEA back of the future.

Age catches up with Gore and Kendall Hunter explodes in the 2nd half of the season

Nice list. Let's add:

Lamar Miller will have a 2006 Frank Gore-ish year.

Gio Bernard never cracks the starting lineup.

Chris Givens will be what Torrey Smith was supposed to be last year.

Julio Jones truly becomes the Falcons #1 option.

Defenses adjust to the read-option, but up-tempo offenses make it too difficult for defenses to stay disciplined. "How do you defend up-tempo read-option" spams the headlines.

DeMarco Murray is the new Felix Jones.

Terrell Pryor is the new Tim Tebow.

Reggie Bush is the new Jahvid Best.

CJ Spiller is the new Adrian Peterson

Larry Fitzgerald will have a career high 105+ receptions.

Le'Veon Bell becomes just another member, not the president of the Pitt RB committee.

some of them are good but the wilson one was terrible. What evidence do you have to prove that. The way you said it like WE know it's gonna happen. Come on man.

some of them are good but the wilson one was terrible. What evidence do you have to prove that. The way you said it like WE know it's gonna happen. Come on man.
The most hyped guy never lives up to it. In the last few years: Julio, Ingram, Finley...this list goes on and on.

Outstanding, very few on the list I disagree with.

I KNOW I'll take the under on these 14 predictions if you set the line at 9. (I'm saying that only about half of those will be true when we take a look at the end of the year). But kudos for throwing them out there!

Vick shows flashes of greatness in chip kelly's system but his play is too uneven and eventually gets replaced by Foles by Week 10 whether by injury or ineffectiveness.

Steelers offensive line woes sideline Roethlisberger for at least a couple games.

Justin Blackmon looks great on the field when he returns from suspension - only to have a minor scrape with the law off of it.

Jacby Ford has a multi-TD game, only to disappear for teh next several weeks

Rex Ryan is a dead man walking and Ron Rivera better be renting not buying.

Actual things we know will happen this year:

Several highly drafted players will suffer significant injuries in the first few weeks of the season

Someone on the waiver wire in 12-team leagues will be a top-20 receiver by the end of the year

A player who's "injury prone" won't get hurt

A bust-proof WR will bust

The Raiders will be really bad

You'll lose to a guy who didn't swap out players for their bye week
This. Although it's a wacky game and maybe the Raiders won't be as bad as they look.

I like the original OP thoughts, but it's really speculating like anything else.

Christian Ponder will get replaced due to ineffectiveness by a not much more effective Matt Cassel.

I disagree with most of this, but that's ok.

I don't know anything about anything. Just takin' guesses and chuckin' darts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most hyped guy never lives up to it. In the last few years: Julio, Ingram, Finley...this list goes on and on.
The most hyped guy in 2010 was Arian Foster. Just sayin'.
I don't know about that. I seem to remember Jahvid Best being the most hyped guy that pre season. Foster had some buzz but people were still drafting Steve Slaton near him. Foster was like a 9th round pick.

I don't know about that. I seem to remember Jahvid Best being the most hyped guy that pre season. Foster had some buzz but people were still drafting Steve Slaton near him. Foster was like a 9th round pick.
Seriously? He had a 50+ page thread on RW. Foster was a 9th round pick maybe in early drafts, but as his hype built he was going higher and higher. He went in the third round in my league that year.

Geno Smith gets rocked, Sanchez comes back too early, looks absolutely awful and Quinn is starting for the Jets. He looks just as bad and the hot topic of local sports talk shows will be "Why not start Matt Simms at this point"?. All by week 6. Book it.

Seriously? He had a 50+ page thread on RW. Foster was a 9th round pick maybe in early drafts, but as his hype built he was going higher and higher. He went in the third round in my league that year.
Ryan Matthews was a late first round pick that year. He wins.

i got danny in round 5 last night paired with victor cruz.. hopefully brady and bill are telling him to be less reckless because they need him for all 16 + games.. hes gonna be a ppr monster when he is on the field. lot of footballs to be caught between gronk, danny, kenbrell, sudfield, and the backs
Reckless? Its not like he fights for YAC. He catches the ball and goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread