What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things you've put off buying, finally bought, and are super-glad you finally bit... (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Whenever I travel for work, I add the SiriusXM radio option to my rental car.  I hate having to search for local sports talk radio stations or whatever.  But half the time, the Hertz folks don't properly activate the radio, and having to get their "support staff" to activate it while you're on the road is a pain in the booty.  But man, I do love listening to NFL Radio when I'm on the road.

On top of that, I've grown tired to the "drive time" shows on my local sports talk radio staions.  It's become less and less about "sports" and more about "pop culture", with some "sports" sprinkled in.  I drive to work three days a week, so that's three mornings of Dan Patrick and three afternoons of the local drive time show.  I've actually been switching that show off and listening to classical on the way home.   

At one point, I had SiriusXM in one of my vehicles and loved it.  So I finally just bit the bullet, did some research... and found out I can get it on my phone and use it in any car with an auxiliary input or Bluetooth.  So that means no more having to hassle with Hertz or Avis (who don't even offer SiriusXM) and quality programming on my commute (which is short, but still).  And all for $11 a month.  A drop in the bucket.

So is there anything you put off buying but finally went ahead and got to your satisfaction?

And as always, schtick welcomed and encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
air-frying toaster oven. had the same ol beater toaster oven for years, Penisheadspaceman Inc offered me $100 coupon on their overstock of Cuisinarts after the holidays & i bit. i still cook with it like it's a game

air-frying toaster oven. had the same ol beater toaster oven for years, Penisheadapaceman Inc offered me $100 coupon on their overstock of Cuisinarts after the holidays & i bit. i still cook with it like it's a game
same. i bought this ninja one a couple months ago for 194 and still think it was worth every penny, costco now has it for 149. even toasts taste better and i don't care it's all in my head.

Knives. We rocked the same $100 set from our wedding for far too long. 5/6 of the standard knives had missing or bent tips. Other than the bread knife everything else was virtually useless and dull. 

We didn’t even go that crazy and bought a ~$260 set for $100 off at Costco. Such a difference. 

Whenever I travel for work, I add the SiriusXM radio option to my rental car.  I hate having to search for local sports talk radio stations or whatever.  But half the time, the Hertz folks don't properly activate the radio, and having to get their "support staff" to activate it while you're on the road is a pain in the booty.  But man, I do love listening to NFL Radio when I'm on the road.

On top of that, I've grown tired to the "drive time" shows on my local sports talk radio staions.  It's become less and less about "sports" and more about "pop culture", with some "sports" sprinkled in.  I drive to work three days a week, so that's three mornings of Dan Patrick and three afternoons of the local drive time show.  I've actually been switching that show off and listening to classical on the way home.   

At one point, I had SiriusXM in one of my vehicles and loved it.  So I finally just bit the bullet, did some research... and found out I can get it on my phone and use it in any car with an auxiliary input or Bluetooth.  So that means no more having to hassle with Hertz or Avis (who don't even offer SiriusXM) and quality programming on my commute (which is short, but still).  And all for $11 a month.  A drop in the bucket.

So is there anything you put off buying but finally went ahead and got to your satisfaction?

And as always, schtick welcomed and encouraged.
Enjoyed Sirius XM for many years but with the move to working at home I'm hardly ever in the car anymore so I cancelled. When I go somewhere it's Spotify via Bluetooth now.

Also, when it's time to renew never pay the ridiculous prices they quote you. Call to cancel. They'll give you a smaller discount. Tell them it's still too high and you just don't use it enough to justify it. Then you'll get the best offer. Varies a little depending on your package. 

• +1 Air Fryer
  • Nespresso Machine 
  • Maid Service
  • +1 premium golf balls, when I actually hit the ball well I want the extra 5% or whatever they may give

When we bought our place, it came with a Samsung refrigerator that, we later discovered, is the subject of a class-action lawsuit. The icemaker would routinely freeze over and have to be thawed out, and it eventually just broke. There was no point in replacing it, so we were making ice manually for the past couple months, which was a pain in the tuchus. Last week we got a free-standing icemaker and it's awesome! It can whip up a batch of ice (enough for a couple drinks) in 8 minutes. Cost like $100 at Costco.

This is a couple years old, but in the early stages of the pandemic we quickly discovered all the dead spots in our place as we tried to navigate the constant Zooming. Finally bit the bullet and got an eero wi-fi mesh. Total game changer. Super easy to set up, covers every inch of the house and no switching between different networks (I always hated trying to remember whether I wanted to be on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz version)

Ultra Widescreen curved monitor for my house.  The only downside is that my wife thinks I'm an idiot, but she'd do that regardless.

As others have said, Air Fryer - probably used almost every day since we got it.

Yeah we're in this group too.  Especially since my son eats french fries with pretty much every dinner.  10 minutes and those suckers are done, and as good as any fast food joint without the grease.  

And my wife makes all sorts of crap in there.  I use it to heat up leftover pizza or get hot dogs w/ cheese and their respective buns perfect.

Propane weed burner...just ordered, going to like it a lot I' m pretty sure.

2nd the air fryer...awesome for so many things. Use once or twice most days. 

a good pillow

not something i ever considered would make much difference so i just replaced the $5 Kohl's pillow every 3 months.  finally spent on a real pillow and have slept like a baby for the last week.

Global entry - getting to skip the giant lines at customs/integration is worth every penny.

Food saver/vacuum sealer 

GE Opal Countertop Icemaker - the king of countertop icemakers for your home bar
The pre-check is very nice too. Sure beats waiting in line with the peasants. 

The pre-check is very nice too. Sure beats waiting in line with the peasants. 
Except now there are often more people in the pre-check line than the plebe one. Luckily, one of the wife's credit cards includes two memberships in CLEAR so its right to the front every time.

I guess I'm going to have to try an air fryer.

The airport check in doesn't bother me because the plane is leaving at a set time.

Standing in line an extra 20 minutes when instead your sitting around the gate doesn't make much difference to me.

I only travel once a year. PWM and CMH don't have a lot of "cool" things to do. It's usually sit at the gate and read a book.

Orbi Mesh Network - had dead spots/low connectivity in various spots in the house for years. Saw the thread here about mesh networks so invested. Even then it took another 6 months before I hooked it up. It was like going from black & white to color  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread