What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This is what Thompkins and Sudfeld going for BBID wise in PPR dynasty. (1 Viewer)

JustinHawkins

Footballguy
Out of 15 dynasty leagues i am in they BOTH went for the entire $100 allowance we have for the entire year in all 15 leagues! (Edit 2 leagues Sudfeld was a little less than full amount but close!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both were won for $0 earlier in the year.

Had one league where waivers didn't start til last night and 2 people bid $100 on KT but Sudfeld was won for $35.

FWIW I had a backup bid of $53 on Sudfeld so he would have went for more if I lost the tiebreaker.

wow, 100% of the bidding dollars in all those leagues? Are there EVER guys available on waivers?? How deep are the rosters??

I wouldn't pay full BB amount for either but I think the hype is way outreaching what the production will be.

I wouldn't pay full BB amount for either but I think the hype is way outreaching what the production will be.
Totally depends on your league I think.

One of my leagues is 12 team, 35 man roster with 30 man taxi squad. NOBODY is barely ever availabel on waivers. PLus you can get waivers for zero waiver dollars after waivers go through each week. In that league, I think it is an easy call to bid every dollar you have.

In another (FFPC) 12 team, 20 man rosters, no taxi squad, plus you need to use at least 1 dollar to perform any transactions..............who knows. Definitely no the full amount since you need reserves in case of injury to kickers, QBs, and whatever else pops up. I can see him going for 80% or more in these leagues

That is just insane. I plane to bid a significant amount on each, but nowhere near 70%. I agree production will not match the hype, so if I don't win the bids it will not break my heart.

That is just insane. I plane to bid a significant amount on each, but nowhere near 70%. I agree production will not match the hype, so if I don't win the bids it will not break my heart.
What is the league structure though. Like I mentioned in my one league where there is never anyone good on waivers, it doesnt take much production at all to be worth 100% of your bid dollars.

And really, even if Thompins finished say...............25th in WR scoring. Not great but not bad, useful for sure................to me that is about worth 95% or so in ANY format. Are there ever years where 12 players of that caliber get picked up off waivers?? At least you get one (though he could suck of course, but I think he should at least be a decent WR-3, maybe a 2)

What is the league structure though. Like I mentioned in my one league where there is never anyone good on waivers, it doesnt take much production at all to be worth 100% of your bid dollars.

And really, even if Thompins finished say...............25th in WR scoring. Not great but not bad, useful for sure................to me that is about worth 95% or so in ANY format. Are there ever years where 12 players of that caliber get picked up off waivers?? At least you get one (though he could suck of course, but I think he should at least be a decent WR-3, maybe a 2)
I am talking FFPC dynos.

I am talking FFPC dynos.
I think he is going to go high in ALL of them. LIke 800 or more in all of them, probably 900+ in most of them.

Would I spend that???? I dont know. Would you spend 900 bidding bucks on someones 2014 1st?? Cause I bet you could trade Thompkins for a 2014 1st.

Bit off topic, but how do you keep up with 15 dynasty leagues and still enjoy yourself? Do your rosters look nearly the same on all of them?

I still really do enjoy it. I do have a lot of the same players in some leagues, but clearly every team is a little different. Helps to have good rosters though. Most of my teams each year are always in the hunt.

I will say this, I learned a few years ago NOT to look at my lineup vs my opponents on a given weekend, and try to keep track of the progress. It honestly took the fun out of it. So now I don't even look at the scores until usually Sunday night football. I can remember several years ago thinking, "crap, I need player X to score this much, but not TOO much because in this league...blah blah blah lol"

Another slightly off topic - how do you guys break a BB tie at the beginning of the year when you don't have record/points to go by? If 2 guys put in $100 for Thompkins who gets him? Do you go by prior year results?

we run a draft pick randomizer to get an order, and then #1 team gets $100, 2nd team gets $99.99, 3rd team gets $99.98, and so on...

Bit off topic, but how do you keep up with 15 dynasty leagues and still enjoy yourself? Do your rosters look nearly the same on all of them?
I have enough trouble keeping up with two dynasty teams! Granted I have multiple redraft teams but they take way less of my time.

Another slightly off topic - how do you guys break a BB tie at the beginning of the year when you don't have record/points to go by? If 2 guys put in $100 for Thompkins who gets him? Do you go by prior year results?
Whoever posted the bid first gets the player.

Unless you already have some other way set up, that is all that makes sense..

I am talking FFPC dynos.
I think he is going to go high in ALL of them. LIke 800 or more in all of them, probably 900+ in most of them.

Would I spend that???? I dont know. Would you spend 900 bidding bucks on someones 2014 1st?? Cause I bet you could trade Thompkins for a 2014 1st.
Short answer is no. Too many unknowns with a future 1st. To a lesser degree the same answer applies with Thompkins. Bidding that much really hamstrings yourself from making competitive bids on players for the next 15weeks. If the winning bid is that much in my leagues I will be happy because it is one less competitor for all the other prospects that crop up during the season.

Short answer is no. Too many unknowns with a future 1st. To a lesser degree the same answer applies with Thompkins. Bidding that much really hamstrings yourself from making competitive bids on players for the next 15weeks. If the winning bid is that much in my leagues I will be happy because it is one less competitor for all the other prospects that crop up during the season.
Well, depending on your league makeup, there may not be anyone of worth to get off waivers all year if you have fairly deep rosters. PLus even if there is, you still have 10-11 other teams to compete with.

Now in leagues with smaller rosters, like FFPC, much harder to say. EVen if you really truly a feel a guy will be a very nice player, it's hard to give up 950 or whatever it would take.

Users who are viewing this thread