What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thought Freeney and S. Rice were safe plays (1 Viewer)

mottay

Footballguy
I saw no mention of either one not being active, but neither produced points yesterday. Anyone know why? :confused:

As far as I can tell, they were both reasonably healthy and played all or most of the game, but simply failed to make an impact.

David Garrard is not easily sacked. In 81 pass attempts YTD, he's only been sacked one time. If you couple Garrard's ability to avoid sacks with Freeney's lack of solid scoring from tackles, you can see (hindsight) that Dwight was hardly a "safe play".Simeon, on the other hand, was a head-scratcher yesterday. Much like Freeney, Rice is a high-sack / low-tackle type of DE. His matchup looked great on paper via Travelle Wharton and Jake Delhomme, but it just wasn't meant to be. I would have bet dollars over donuts that Rice would have netted at least one sack......I would have lost. :cry:

freeney would be hard to sit if you had him... that might be week he gets 2-3 sacks...he has never been a big tackle guy... so if he doesn't get a sack, that is a recipe for a bad week.he hasn't been very consistent in second half of season... i think he has been shutout in three of the last five or six weeks... boom or bust.the week before he had 2 sacks.if you are concerned about things like consistency, distribution of scoring across the season, percentage of scoring due to big plays & tackles... i am a big proponent of breaking down the game logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have since talked with friends in Indy and they say that Freeney was doubled all day long, but that his impact allowed the LB's to get more involved.The same is true for Rice.. according to the Buc's fan board.Thanks.

I have since talked with friends in Indy and they say that Freeney was doubled all day long, but that his impact allowed the LB's to get more involved.

The same is true for Rice.. according to the Buc's fan board.

Thanks.
it is probably safe to assume freeney is doubled every week, & has been for a few seasons (unless he is facing walter jones, best LT in game with ogden & pace declining somewhat... they face each other in two weeks).

FWIW, the Jaguars rookie LT Khalif Barnes was given a lot of praise for his play against Freeney on Sunday

Weiner Dog, just like you predicting Mike Peterson to have a better game than London Fletcher.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=212317

Your credibility on these boards are falling by the second!

RAPTURE
Two more weeks until the championship game, Juice. I hope Brady's knee is A-OK by then.
:eek: Patriots | Brady downgraded to questionable for Week 15

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:28:54 -0800

ESPNews reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (leg) has been downgraded from probable to questionable for Week 15.

Both guys have had the big ZERO a couple other times this year. Unfortunately you really can't sit them unless you are stacked because either one could get 3 sacks the next game and have. Things like this are just like why has LT2 gotten only 50 rushing yards in a game. Sometimes it's not to be, even for the top players.

Users who are viewing this thread