What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on 3 White Males at the Top of Dem Presidential Polls (1 Viewer)

Mr Anonymous

Footballguy
Personally I'm torn on this. If the election were today, I'd be voting for Bernie Sanders for POTUS so I can't exactly be the lead champion for "anything but a white male". I know if the Reps were leading up to primary season and their top 3 were white males, it would be a big deal. But this is the party that campaigns on striving for an even playing field. It just strikes me as a bad look. Especially when "done nothing Beto" is one of those top 3.

If they are the most qualified and most electable with the best chance against Trump I don’t care what race, gender, or sexual preference they are.

If they are the most qualified and most electable with the best chance against Trump I don’t care what race, gender, or sexual preference they are.
Strike me down where I stand if I'm wrong, but it seems like you'd take issue of it, if this was the case on the other side. Heck I'd wager you have posts saying as much in your history from the 2016 campaign.

Neither do I obviously. But isn't it a problem for a party that is so outspoken about championing the rights of minorities and women not to have any represented in the top 3 of their polls?
Snap shots are not representative of a full day, necessarily.  

This may be interesting but is not, to me, disturbing.  Of course I am not a democrat.  

You want your fellow Democrats to be more sexist/racist in their selections so you don’t feel guilty about voting for who you think will do the best job?

Strike me down where I stand if I'm wrong, but it seems like you'd take issue of it, if this was the case on the other side. Heck I'd wager you have posts saying as much in your history from the 2016 campaign.
Then post them rather than wagering and supposing what I think it say.  Or take my post for what it is rather than trying to play gotcha with me.

Hopefully, it will be Candace Owens.
I actually once thought the first black president would be Republican. Like a long, long time ago. Mia Love might have been one of the best promising young politicians in the party and she was thoroughly drummed out by Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you’re dazzled by her resume filled with qualifications to be President?
In "qualifications", you mean...another connected member of the "good ol' boys club"....right?

I'll take another non-politician...thank you.

She's black and has a vagina...isn't that "qualification" enough to be a black, woman President?

...or is it her party affiliation that you're having a problem with?

“Yes, Mayor Pete is a Harvard and Oxford graduate, veteran of the Afghan war, youngest mayor in this country’s history for a city with 100,000 people, speaks seven languages, and has solid policy ideas.... but Owens had three years of journalism education at Rhode Island before dropping out and she wrote for Vogue.”

“Yes, Mayor Pete is a Harvard and Oxford graduate, veteran of the Afghan war, youngest mayor in this country’s history for a city with 100,000 people, speaks seven languages, and has solid policy ideas.... but Owens had three years of journalism education at Rhode Island before dropping out and she wrote for Vogue.”
Thought it was eight?

No, I mean a college degree or relevant work experience. 
I did not know that was listed anywhere as the qualifications .

Or, is this just your preference...like being a member of the Democratic Party?

I did not know that was listed as the qualifications anywhere.
You didn’t know what was listed as the qualifications anywhere? Education and experience?

What do you list as your qualifications when you’re trying to get a job? 

You didn’t know what was listed as the qualifications anywhere? Education and experience?

What do you list as your qualifications when you’re trying to get a job? 
Depends on the list of "job qualifications" posted for a particular job.

Last I checked, the only qualifications for the Office of the President were:

• A natural born citizen of the United States
  • A resident of the US for 14 years
  • Over 35 years of age (which she will be in 6 years when President Trump is done).
...and she'll still be black...and most likely, still a woman.

The qualifications list nothing about education and/or experience.

Depends on the list of "job qualifications" posted for a particular job.

Last I checked, the only qualifications for the Office of the President were:

• A natural born citizen of the United States
  • A resident of the US for 14 years
  • Over 35 years of age (which she will be in 6 years when President Trump is done).
Those are the constitutional requirements.  I think a number of people who meet those requirements still fall short of being qualified to lead the free world. 

Those are the constitutional requirements.  I think a number of people who meet those requirements still fall short of being qualified to lead the free world. 
Not the point.

If you want education and experience to be a prerequisite....list it in the qualifications section of the application.

Not the point.

If you want education and experience to be a prerequisite....list it in the qualifications section of the application.
I see we are having different discussions. Most notably expressed by our choices in conjunctions. 

I do appreciate the formerly merit-focused Republican Party stance of “no one can be more qualified than anyone else to be President as long as they all meet the Constitutional requirements!”

I see we are having different discussions. Most notably expressed by our choices in conjunctions. 
No, we're having the same discussion.

You're only qualification or requirement, is that the POTUS be a Democrat.

What you prefer in a candidate does not make it a qualification or a requirement for the Office.

You're only qualification is that the POTUS must be a Democrat.

What you prefer in a candidate does not make it a qualification or a requirement for the Office.
Are you suggesting Republicans have no college degrees and no relevant work experience?

Your implications, over and over again, are that in your opinion,  only Republicans are worthy of being President.  I guess it's theoretically possible the Reps would elect a female, but a black female?

Color me... skeptical. 

Your implications, over and over again, are that in your opinion,  only Republicans are worthy of being President.  I guess it's theoretically possible the Reps would elect a female, but a black female?

Color me... skeptical. 
Condoleeza Rice?

The bolded...your...also where does he even imply what you claim there?

All this really means is that it gives an opportunity for someone like Kamala Harris can exploit the split of the white male vote during the primaries.

Users who are viewing this thread