What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** THURSDAY CUT THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

open competition b/w Dayne, Bell, Cobbs, and a rookie to be named later.

Should be fun to watch.
Cobbs? Do you really think he has a shot? (serious question - not being sarcastic)
Cobbs seems to have a changed attitude here in Denver. There is a good buzz about him out at Dove Valley. Now, this could all be the "company line" but I haven't heard the things about Cedric like I heard about Mo Clarett. This is a system that his skill set is geared towards, so I think he has to be considered. Denver will still take a RB on the first day of the draft IMHO.

Was about time. I'm not sure if Tatum Bell is an everydown back though. I think he ideally should get around 20 carries per game and Ron Dayne the rest.

The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contracts of cornerbacks Reggie Howard and Sam Madison (pictured), safety Tebucky Jones and tackle Damion McIntosh. In addition on Wednesday, the team signed kicker Ola Kimrin and allocated him to the NFL Europe League.

The Bills have released:

Defensive tackle Sam Adams

Tight end Mark Campbell

Safety Lawyer Milloy
I'm surprised about Milloy, but wonder if this is a sign that they are trying to keep Moulds.

The Bills have released:

Tight end Mark Campbell

Safety Lawyer Milloy
I wonder how cheap he could be had? He's the kind of veteran guy that the Chargers could use.

It's surprising to me that teams are starting to make so many cuts today. From what I understand, there is an emergency meeting between the owners at 8:30 tomorrow morning in NYC and still a possibility that they could get Gene Upshaw to agree to a 3 or 4 day extension. With even the possibility of extending the CBA or agreeing to a new one, I wouldn't be making my cuts until 3:59 tomorrow afternoon.

Ron Dayne and Cedric Cobbs are decent guys to have on your roster at this point.

If Reuben Droughns can do it...

Ron Dayne and Cedric Cobbs are decent guys to have on your roster at this point.

I don't think so. I think it means their RB is not on their roster

It's surprising to me that teams are starting to make so many cuts today. From what I understand, there is an emergency meeting between the owners at 8:30 tomorrow morning in NYC and still a possibility that they could get Gene Upshaw to agree to a 3 or 4 day extension. With even the possibility of extending the CBA or agreeing to a new one, I wouldn't be making my cuts until 3:59 tomorrow afternoon.
I wonder if this is a sign that new CBA wont be initiated before the start of this years free agency.

I don't think so. I think it means their RB is not on their roster
That is an good educated guess...Edge to Denver? :ph34r:

They don't have enough money though So they might just resign Anderson - although he might also go to ATL or CAR as a cheap Duckett/Davis

These guys are all going to sign back at lower cap numbers. If the Tatum Bell era was ever going to begin in Denver it would have been last season. I am convinced that they do not think he is ever going to be an every down back.

you could fashion a starting offensive line with the names out there... mawae & hopkins would be great veteran additions for a team looking to secure a solid OLine

These guys are all going to sign back at lower cap numbers. If the Tatum Bell era was ever going to begin in Denver it would have been last season. I am convinced that they do not think he is ever going to be an every down back.
:goodposting:

The Bills have released:

Tight end Mark Campbell

Safety Lawyer Milloy
I wonder how cheap he could be had? He's the kind of veteran guy that the Chargers could use.
Him and Sam madsion might make me forget about Brees being let go.Come on AJ open the pocket book

These guys are all going to sign back at lower cap numbers.  If the Tatum Bell era was ever going to begin in Denver it would have been last season.  I am convinced that they do not think he is ever going to be an every down back.
:goodposting:
I don't understand this line of thought. If Anderson and the Broncos both want to be together next year with a lower cap figure, why not just re-negotiate/restructure (re-negotiate means accepting a paycut)? If Anderson has more than a year left on his current contract, cut him creates a bigger cap hit compared to re-negotiating/restructuring.

In lieu of the :blackdot: smiley, I'll wonder aloud if Milloy will come back to the Pats now.
How about Milloy and Law!!Probly no chance seeing how they might have to cut Harrison just to get some breathing room

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if Tatum Bell's job changes. Dayne or drfaft pick slide in for Mike Anderson, Bell maintains his carries (10-15 a game).

Almost feel badly for the guys that will be free agents on Friday. Most of these guys expected nice paydays, instead they face much more free agent competition and teams that can't pay them.

In lieu of the  :blackdot: smiley, I'll wonder aloud if Milloy will come back to the Pats now.
How about Milloy and Law!!Probly no chance seeing how they might have to cut Harrison just to get some breathing room
SD could actually benefit frome the O-Line glut there seems to be now. I know that was AJs biggest priority. Bentley is obviously high on the list, but they really need some depth as well.Law expressed interest in SD and AJ axed him for some reason. I can't say as to why, but it appears AJ isn't even going to court the idea. Milloy or possibly Reed would be nice. Either way SD is going to be in a position to get some new toys with or without the new CBA.

Look very closely at every RB on that roster. Every single one, including the scmucks from Plainsville State or Northern Country U.

Exactly but as I said previously, I think they'll make him share the carries with Ron Dayne.

No doubt Denver gets another RB. Mike A has been a warrior for that team, im sure he likes the idea of signing for the highest bidder, this could be his last contract. If he signs back with Denver its because they offered the highest contract. Someone will start MA. Denver is opening up a spot for youth, which is probably smart with that position. Perhaps Bell is going to lead the charge.

Edit: What was MA contract for this year? That could change my tone of my above post.

It was reported on another board that the deadline tomorrow was moved back from 4 pm until 10 pm. Someone said they saw it on ESPN. Did anyone else see that?

I love the parity of the NFL and I think that is one thing that makes it great. At the same time, I have found that I almost enjoy the offseasons of my favorite sports as much as the regular season. From the college all-star games, the combine, free agency and the draft, the offseason is great! With all the players that will potentially be cut tomorrow and free agency starting at midnight, the next few days should be very interesting to watch.

Miami Herald link

NFL owners will try Thursday to find labor peace before the start of free agency, hoping to avoid the mass dumping of veterans for salary-cap reasons.

The owners will meet in New York, looking to reach an agreement with the players' union that could add $10 million to $15 million to a 2006 salary cap that currently is $94.5 million. Without it, some teams could be forced into wholesale cuts to get beneath the cap by midnight. Free agency starts Friday. The NFL extended the deadline for teams to terminate contracts and request waivers on players six hours, from 4 p.m. Thursday to 10 p.m.

So with that said....

CB Ty Law

CB Sam Madison

CB Duane Starks

CB/S Marcus Coleman

S Lawyer Milloy

S Tebucky Jones

LB Barrett Green

DE Trevor Pryce

DT Brenton Buckner

DT Sam Adams

RB Mike Anderson

RB Stephen Davis

TE Jeb Putzier

TE Mark Campbell

OT Brad Hopkins

OT Damion MacIntosh

C Jim Otto

It was reported on another board that the deadline tomorrow was moved back from 4 pm until 10 pm. Someone said they saw it on ESPN. Did anyone else see that?
I can confirm this. I heard this on a couple of different sports radio stations.

So with that said....

CB Ty Law

CB Sam Madison

CB Duane Starks

CB/S Marcus Coleman

S Lawyer Milloy

S Tebucky Jones

LB Barrett Green

DE Trevor Pryce

DT Brenton Buckner

DT Sam Adams

RB Mike Anderson

RB Stephen Jackson

TE Jeb Putzier

TE Mark Campbell

OT Brad Hopkins

OT Damion MacIntosh
:eek:

In lieu of the :blackdot: smiley, I'll wonder aloud if Milloy will come back to the Pats now.
SD could actually benefit frome the O-Line glut there seems to be now. I know that was AJs biggest priority. Bentley is obviously high on the list, but they really need some depth as well.Law expressed interest in SD and AJ axed him for some reason. I can't say as to why, but it appears AJ isn't even going to court the idea. Milloy or possibly Reed would be nice. Either way SD is going to be in a position to get some new toys with or without the new CBA.
Law wants too much money and as a physical CB he is hurt by the new rules the way Jammer is.

Whoa, Stephen Jackson?!?!?!?!? I hope he goes somewhere that likes to run the ball or my keeper league team is going to be flushed...

Users who are viewing this thread