What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Thursday Night Football: Chargers v Chiefs (-4)(54): Prime + Rib = Prime Rib Matchup*** (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
Chiefs get a dose of the 4 man rush tonight and lots of it. Staley isn't stupid enough to blitz Mahomes all night like the Cardinals did. Plus, the Chiefs young defense gets a real offense this week and will learn some valuable lessons for down the road.

This will be the "See, I told you the Chiefs couldn't operate without Tyreek" game that all the pundits have been waiting to spring on the world. I see the Chargers winning this one.

Was hoping someone might launch this game thread

LA Chargers at KC Chiefs (-4) (54.5)

The Chiefs injected a lot into their Defense thru the Draft in the off season and while perhaps they didn’t all come out with impactful plays, it does seem like the KC Defense is much better and that’s scary when you have Patrick Mahomes on the other side. IIRC it was 37-7 vs Arizona at one point, just a showcase of controlling and shutting down Murray and the passing attack.

This week they face one of the absolute best young QBs in the NFL, Justin Herbert. I want to see it again this week but I am impressed with what I saw from KC last week and we have a short week which traditionally on Thursday Night can cause lower scores across the board. I feel this one is different, we had the Rams-Chiefs a couple years back and that was 1st one to score 50 but it doesn’t happen often.

-Keenan Allen is down right now, might not play and Mike Williams did not produce last week, folks who follow him know that he is not super consistent but Herbert will likely look for him tonight vs the Chiefs. I see a lot of targets and potential production out of the TE and RBs

Exploit: Get on the Gerald Everett train because most defenses are going to overlook him. 3/50/TD last week on 4 targets, would like to see that come up to 6+ but he will be productive when they throw to him. With the WRs injured and also a little subpar in the stats this past weekend, Everett should be an easy start.

DeAndre Carter is listed at 5-8, he’s not going to win any jump balls, I would not invest much and I would be scared to start him. He is not likely to do well, targets should flow thru Williams, Ekeler and maybe the TE-Everett but you cannot bank on DeAndre Carter as an example. I see Mike Williams having a rebound game on Thursday.

CEH scored twice and was pulled mostly when they were blowing out AZ, that won’t happen this week vs LAC, doubt Pacheco touches the ball a lot. Keep CEH in your line up tonight, short week and I would doubt they are thinking anyone else is a better option in the back field vs the LAC.

Final Score: Chargers 28...Chiefs 27

I was expecting everyone to be on the Chiefs this week, so I feel better about my Chargers pick, now I am not so sure.

The main guy I am keeping my eye on this week is Austin Ekeler, will he rebound from a pretty terrible week 1. Will he get the snaps/routes like last year? Will he produce like an ADP 1.3-1.5 player should in what should be a very competitive and close game?

I was expecting everyone to be on the Chiefs this week, so I feel better about my Chargers pick, now I am not so sure.

The main guy I am keeping my eye on this week is Austin Ekeler, will he rebound from a pretty terrible week 1. Will he get the snaps/routes like last year? Will he produce like an ADP 1.3-1.5 player should in what should be a very competitive and close game?
Yeah, I think he will. He always seems to tear up the Chiefs.

That Chiefs defense is so young. Kyler Murray missed so many open opporunities that Herbert won't. This game will be interesting for sure. I just feel like the Chiefs in week 17 are going to be really good, but they have some growing pains to go through first.

Great game for Amazon,lousy that we lose a "free" game.
Chiefs look fine with no Hill,Mahomes spread the ball around,except for his security blanket. Chargers need to prove they can finally take that next step.
I think(hope) this will be an old school AFL shootout,so....

Chargers- 41
Chiefs- 38

-The real challenge tonight is the Chargers played a 24-19 nail biter to the Raiders and have to travel on a short week, they are going to be exhausted in the 4th Q tonight

The Chiefs had the game wrapped up pretty early and they got to come home and prepare, home field could be a major factor tonight. It's fun to root for the Chargers and in fact I just want to enjoy BOTH teams tonight and let the game play out vs writing the narrative but you have to think the Chiefs do have a big advantage tonight in terms of rest and preparedness

Chiefs have a young defense, I'm not a fan of Coach KK so I'm not surprised they pooped the bed last week. Chiefs will be challenged a lot more this week IMHO.

The freak-out on social media when people discover this is on Prime is going to be pretty funny.

-In years past when the NFLN was doing the telecast, they would also broadcast it on CBS as I recall.
-Amazon subscriber so it's not a big deal to me, do wonder how many folks are shut out tonight.
-Kirk Herbstreit is going to be one of my new whipping boys in the booth, should make several gaffes tonight, his approach is all college and I don't think its going to play well. There's a difference calling the Alabama-LSU game vs NFL Football, I don't find them to crossover very well. Sean McDonough was briefly the voice for MNF in '16 and '17, I liked him but he's much better calling any college football game on Saturday. Kirk is going to do the color commentary, he's very vanilla and typically operates on just the talking points/headlines and his "when we were in the meetings" which gives him a pass to say anything because you as the audience weren't there so only Kirk would know what was said.

He also hates the Univ of Miami so I know he has a huge fan base built in but I hate him :lol:

My only knock that this is on Amazon only is that I can't channel flip easily.
And NFL+. Since I won't be doing streaming only, back to the radio for me.
Yeah either way I'm a flipper- especially for a game my team isnt playing.

So I log into the app on my tv to watch no problem but then, it'll be a commercial ill "flip" channels and be mad i have to go log in again lol.

I mean we're talking probably 10 seconds or so but its not seamless lol

This will be the "See, I told you the Chiefs couldn't operate without Tyreek" game that all the pundits have been waiting to spring on the world. I see the Chargers winning this one.
Even without Tyreek, the Chiefs' passing game is really good. In fact, I like the Chiefs' targets this week more than the Chargers' targets without Keenan Allen.

I expect a close game, but I favor KC playing at home.

These 2 games last year were insane, and this should be again. No Keenan might offset any slight edge LAC had on paper. Arrowhead will be LOUD.

The freak-out on social media when people discover this is on Prime is going to be pretty funny.

oh come on who doesn't have prime?

now watch they'll be a 4K post thread on Reddit about this injustice
My idiot friend is blowing up out league text over it as we speak.

He was none too pleased when I mentioned that he used to pay $400+ a year for Sunday ticket but is whining about paying $15 a month for Prime.

Also he has NFL network, so…

These 2 games last year were insane, and this should be again. No Keenan might offset any slight edge LAC had on paper. Arrowhead will be LOUD.
Yeah, Arrowhead is gonna be nuts. They say the gates to the parking lot open at 2:30 today. I'm sure there are people there already.

Weather gonna be warm and dry tonight. Probably around 80 degrees at kickoff. Perfect conditions.

To Palmer or not to Palmer - that is the question
What are your options?
I'll speak for me, as Judge and I facing same dilemma.

Palmer
Dotson
Toney (yeah, I said it)
Coin flip between Palmer & Dotson, though Dotson has shown his worth & Palmer is speculative.

Toney isn’t in the equation for me.

Dotson is the answer.

The rub on Toney is he will get dropped to make room for one of the others......and then the FantasyGods will #### me in the ### while he blows up and is subsequently claimed by someone else.

Search your feelings. You know it's true.

Nice topic title. I’ll be grilling 4 different kinds of beef (flank, NY, chateaubriand, & ribeye) - it’s a meat-a-thon!

My friends will be most pleased, and I shall enjoy the matchup witn a belly full of cow & asparagus, just as the good lord intended.

I suddenly have the urge to hop on a flight and crash the party at Hot Sauce Guy’s place.

No Allen. No Jackson. Short week. On the road. If i was a betting man I'd go Chiefs, but will be pulling for the Bolts. If we can pull this one out the season is set up real nice.

Nice topic title. I’ll be grilling 4 different kinds of beef (flank, NY, chateaubriand, & ribeye) - it’s a meat-a-thon!

My friends will be most pleased, and I shall enjoy the matchup witn a belly full of cow & asparagus, just as the good lord intended.

I suddenly have the urge to hop on a flight and crash the party at Hot Sauce Guy’s place.
You’re welcome any time, my friend. :suds:

oh come on who doesn't have prime?

now watch they'll be a 4K post thread on Reddit about this injustice
So far today my dad and 3 of my friends that I’ve talked to. My friends could get it if they wanted to but my dad would have a better chance of having dinner with Jesus.

They didn't want to give Jimmy away to Seattle, plain and simple. It's the only team that would have wanted him right now.

Teams can no longer wait on a release, which had hurt his trade value. Now, he's on a very affordable salary with a contract in place for 2022, and SF can wait to see if a team pops up that needs a QB before the trade deadline Nov 1st.

Pretty good business decision IMO.

What are your options?

Palmer
Dotson
Toney (yeah, I said it)
Coin flip between Palmer & Dotson, though Dotson has shown his worth & Palmer is speculative.

Dotson is the answer.
I have to disagree, the answer is Palmer.

Herbert loves him, he was asked at the start of the year who is this years break out receiver, his response Palmer. Everyone expects Mike Williams to go off tonight, My gutsy call is Palmer facing a banged up Chiefs Secondary.

Canadian to Canadian love! Watch his highlight film...Go Palmer

They didn't want to give Jimmy away to Seattle, plain and simple. It's the only team that would have wanted him right now.

Teams can no longer wait on a release, which had hurt his trade value. Now, he's on a very affordable salary with a contract in place for 2022, and SF can wait to see if a team pops up that needs a QB before the trade deadline Nov 1st.

Pretty good business decision IMO.

What are your options?

Palmer
Dotson
Toney (yeah, I said it)

Dotson is the answer.
I have to disagree, the answer is Palmer.

Herbert loves him, he was asked at the start of the year who is this years break out receiver, his response Palmer. Everyone expects Mike Williams to go off tonight, My gutsy call is Palmer facing a banged up Chiefs Secondary.

Canadian to Canadian love! Watch his highlight film...Go Palmer
I would’ve said the same thing prior to game one. But then Keenan Allen went down, and Palmer was invisible.

Hi roster Palmer into leagues… So Nothing against him. But Dotson seems like the safer play.

Best case for the Chargers:
  1. CB JC Jackson plays and puts the clamps on Juju, which enables CB Davis to match up with MVS
  2. S James holds Kelce in check, as he has done in the past
  3. The Chargers avoid blitzing Mahomes and stay disciplined to keep him from getting out of the pocket to make plays
  4. Those things lead to Mahomes turnovers
  5. KC's temporary kicker misses one or more kicks
  6. Meanwhile, Chargers offense dominates Chiefs defense
  7. Chargers win

Not holding my breath, but it's possible.

Best case for the Chargers:
  1. CB JC Jackson plays and puts the clamps on Juju, which enables CB Davis to match up with MVS
  2. S James holds Kelce in check, as he has done in the past
  3. The Chargers avoid blitzing Mahomes and stay disciplined to keep him from getting out of the pocket to make plays
  4. Those things lead to Mahomes turnovers
  5. KC's temporary kicker misses one or more kicks
  6. Meanwhile, Chargers offense dominates Chiefs defense
  7. Chargers win

Not holding my breath, but it's possible.
Reports are Jackson will play. I’m surprised. Hope they aren’t rushing him.

I think this game is a little bit lower scoring than people expect. Both defenses are better than they were a year ago, and both offenses are missing their top WR from a year ago.

I'll say Chiefs win 26-24, let's say for dramatic sake, a last second missed FG. Also, bold call, the 26 is because KC's new kicker misses an XP.

Been trying to get the game on Prime with my phone for 20 minutes to no avail.
Just error code after error code.
I don't think they were ready for the traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread