What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tickets; Chiefs-Broncos $200 - Jags $7 (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy
If you like divisional showdowns, then this might end up being your favorite week of NFL football ever. That's because there's three games in Week 11 that involve a first-place team playing the second-place team in its division.

First, there's Kansas City and Denver.

The Chiefs (9-0) and Broncos (8-1) have the highest combined winning percentage (.944) of two teams playing each other this late in the season since 1969. And as everyone knows, anytime you're watching something that hasn't been done since 1969, it's going to be expensive. The cheapest ticket to Sunday night's game in Denver is going to set you back $190. Or you can not go to the game and save the money until Black Friday to buy a 40-inch television from Wal-Mart. I mean, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money.

If the 40-inch television and the ticket are both out of your budget, don't worry, you can still see a first place team play a second place team this week and not pay $190 for it. You just have to be in Nashville on Thursday, that's when the Titans host the Colts in a game where tickets are going for as low as $16. I'm not sure why ticket prices are so low for this game, but it might have to do with the fact that fans from both teams are mildly depressed after what happened in Week 10. The Titans lost quarterback Jake Locker for the season and the Colts lost to the Rams -- by 30.

The other divisional showdown is in Cincinnati where tickets to the Battle of Ohio are going for $100. You're probably thinking, 'why would anyone pay that much to see Andy Dalton against Jason Campbell' and the answer to that question is -- actually, I don't know what the answer to that question is. The NFL should turn this game into a 'Loser Leaves Ohio' game, where the losing team has to relocate to a place that's not Ohio. Then I'd pay $1,000 for a ticket.

One place you won't have to spend $1,000 for a ticket is Jacksonville. Actually, you could spend $1,000, but only if you wanted to buy 165 tickets. Jaguars home games are the NFL's version of Black Friday and tickets in Jacksonville are going for as low as $6 this week for the Jaguars-Cardinals game. Six dollars is practically a steal when you consider that you get to see two teams who have combined to go undefeated in November so far.

Here's the lowest ticket price on Ticket City for each Week 10 game as of 4 a.m. ET on Thursday. The second price is the lowest price on the NFL ticket exchange run by Ticketmaster. Keep in mind, ticket prices change often.

• 1. Kansas City at Denver: $207 -- $190
  • 2. Minnesota at Seattle: $168 -- $178
  • 3. Baltimore at Chicago: $117 -- $115
  • 4. San Francisco at New Orleans: $106 -- $115
  • 5. Cleveland at Cincinnati: $100 -- $109
  • 6. New England at Carolina: $98 -- $118
  • 7. Green Bay at NY Giants: $79 -- $85
  • 8. Washington at Philadelphia: $74 -- $80
  • 9. Detroit at Pittsburgh: $56 -- $67
  • 10. Oakland at Houston: $46 -- $53
  • 11. NY Jets at Buffalo: $36 -- $37
  • 12. Atlanta at Tampa Bay: $20 -- $30
  • 13. Indianapolis at Tennessee: $16 -- $26
  • 14. San Diego at Miami: $13 -- $53
  • 15. Arizona at Jacksonville: $6 -- $35
:moneybag:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24231347/nfl-week-11-chiefsbroncos-tickets-are-as-expensive-as-you-think-they-are

I don't understand some people. If you live in Jacksonville, why would you not go to games for $6? That's cheaper than a beer at the stadium. Who cares if they are terrible, you still get to go to a NFL game for nothing. I live in the DC area and the prices are deceiving. The $74-80 prices are for terrible seats. They literally have seats where you are behind a column and can only see half the field.

I don't understand some people. If you live in Jacksonville, why would you not go to games for $6? That's cheaper than a beer at the stadium. Who cares if they are terrible, you still get to go to a NFL game for nothing. I live in the DC area and the prices are deceiving. The $74-80 prices are for terrible seats. They literally have seats where you are behind a column and can only see half the field.
I'd assume that is somewhat true with Jax too (though I am guessing). With that said, I am sure there are "normal-ish" tickets going for $15+ in Jacksonville. I live in Raleigh and often take the family to see the Durham Bulls. Best seats are $9 each IIRC...I have little kids and have no qualms about showing up in the 3rd inning, getting food for everyone, staying for another 4-5 innings and heading out. I agree, I just don't get why people would not go, if even for a half at that price.

Unfortunately, all three California teams are on the road so what cant see what something like a 49er ticket cost.

But going to the 49er website, clicking on tickets... gets you home games cheapies for 265.00 vs Seahawks and 165.00 vs Rams.

Probably highest in NFL.

Maybe it's just me, but it wouldn't be the cost of the game or the quality of the team that is necessarily the issue. Why spend an entire Sunday watching only the Cards-Jags game, sitting through countless commercials/stoppages when you could sit at home and flip around quality games/watch Red Zone/be at a bar with your buddies, or if you're actually a good person, spend time with your family?

These days, I go to college football games (mostly for the tailgating and being with a bunch of buddies) and hockey games occasionally. Besides that, nothing is really worth it to me...I tend to only check out other games in person when I'm traveling for work.

Maybe it's just me, but it wouldn't be the cost of the game or the quality of the team that is necessarily the issue. Why spend an entire Sunday watching only the Cards-Jags game, sitting through countless commercials/stoppages when you could sit at home and flip around quality games/watch Red Zone/be at a bar with your buddies, or if you're actually a good person, spend time with your family?

These days, I go to college football games (mostly for the tailgating and being with a bunch of buddies) and hockey games occasionally. Besides that, nothing is really worth it to me...I tend to only check out other games in person when I'm traveling for work
Thank you, Almighty Moral Authority. Can you get off that horse without need of a ladder?

These days, I go to college football games (mostly for the tailgating and being with a bunch of buddies) and hockey games occasionally. Besides that, nothing is really worth it to me...I tend to only check out other games in person when I'm traveling for work
Thank you, Almighty Moral Authority. Can you get off that horse without need of a ladder?
:lol: Yeah no sarcasm at play there.

I lived about an hour to an hour and a half outside of Jacksonville, and I used to attend the odd Jacksonville game. I'm not even a Jaguars fan, but NFL football is NFL football, and $10 is $10.

I'd assume that is somewhat true with Jax too (though I am guessing). With that said, I am sure there are "normal-ish" tickets going for $15+ in Jacksonville. I live in Raleigh and often take the family to see the Durham Bulls. Best seats are $9 each IIRC...I have little kids and have no qualms about showing up in the 3rd inning, getting food for everyone, staying for another 4-5 innings and heading out. I agree, I just don't get why people would not go, if even for a half at that price.
No columns in Jacksonville, which means there's a pretty good view from everywhere. The really cheap tickets were always in the "family friendly" section, which meant no swearing and no booze. Other than that, they were just typical nosebleed seats, which is a pretty good deal when two tickets are $20.

There's probably 11 reasons why there's no demand for Sunday's Jags game. That's the number of points they have scored in the three games at Everbank.

28-2

37-3

24-6

It's two weeks shy of Thanksgiving and the Jaguars have yet to score a TD at Everbank this season.

Went down and scalped lower-level end zone tickets for the Chargers game and they were basically half price.

Like somewhat else has said, it's more of a time issue with me. Between travel, tailgate, and the game, it's basically your whole day.

It's just not worth giving up that much time when the game really isn't competitive.

And then you got guys like Carson Palmer taking shots at the crowd after playing before throngs at Cincy, Oakland, and Arizona.

Kicking the Jags when they're down seems to be the easy thing to do lately.

I live in the DC area and the prices are deceiving. The $74-80 prices are for terrible seats. They literally have seats where you are behind a column and can only see half the field.
The really deceiving part is how those seats are actually in Philly and not DC.

There's probably 11 reasons why there's no demand for Sunday's Jags game. That's the number of points they have scored in the three games at Everbank.

28-2

37-3

24-6

It's two weeks shy of Thanksgiving and the Jaguars have yet to score a TD at Everbank this season.

Went down and scalped lower-level end zone tickets for the Chargers game and they were basically half price.

Like somewhat else has said, it's more of a time issue with me. Between travel, tailgate, and the game, it's basically your whole day.

It's just not worth giving up that much time when the game really isn't competitive.

And then you got guys like Carson Palmer taking shots at the crowd after playing before throngs at Cincy, Oakland, and Arizona.

Kicking the Jags when they're down seems to be the easy thing to do lately.
Sorry, but that's actually one of my favorite stats from the year. The following teams have scored a touchdown in Everbank this year: Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Georgia Bulldogs, Florida Gators. The following teams have not scored a touchdown in Everbank this year: Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cardinals and Jaguars fans I understand jumping on the cheap tickets. If you had kids that have never seen a NFL game in person I can see jumping on the cheap tickets. But let’s be real you probably couldn’t get 30% of the people on this board to sit and watch just these two teams on TV (unless they had fantasy players going in the game)

I understand not going to a Jags game for any price if the team just sucks. Why pay your money for a product like that? No matter how much it is. I have actually had free tickets to the Lions back in 2007, 2008, and 2009 and refused them each time. I gave up on that team back in the 90's when my father gave up on them. I loved football so I just adopted a new team, and still refuse to spend money on the Lions whether it is merchandise or the games.

I lived about an hour to an hour and a half outside of Jacksonville, and I used to attend the odd Jacksonville game. I'm not even a Jaguars fan, but NFL football is NFL football, and $10 is $10.
There's a great quote from Peter Gent's The Franchise that I trot out in situations like this: "Plus my time. Jesus. My time is worth more than this."

(BTW, not to hijack the thread, but every NFL fan should absolutely read this book. Gent wrote it in 1983, yet he so accurately predicted so much of the next 30 years of the NFL's development that it's almost scary.)

It's not the $6 that keeps people away financially. $20-40 for parking. You need food for kids, $30 minimum. Kids want stuff like a t-shirt or foam finger $20. It adds up. $6 turns into $100 pretty quickly.

It's not the $6 that keeps people away financially. $20-40 for parking. You need food for kids, $30 minimum. Kids want stuff like a t-shirt or foam finger $20. It adds up. $6 turns into $100 pretty quickly.
Yep.

True story: our neighbor had a handful of friends and their families over to watch the Giants game / RedZone on TV a few weeks ago. We got there and he had ribs, hoagies, pizza, wings, a cooler full of beer, the works. An hour or so in I wander into the kitchen and stuck to his fridge are two tickets to that afternoon's game at MetLife.

Dumbfounded, I turn to him and ask, "Dude, why are you here when you could be there?"

His response: "All of this is still cheaper than those free tickets would wind up being."

Users who are viewing this thread